What's the Point?

wil3ur

Grandmaster
Begging and Thievery seem to be fairly pointless skills. No NPC's have anything to steal, they have no gold to beg. Even at GM level I can't get a penny. I know eventually I'll be able to join the thieves guild and steal from players, but it seems crappy for a week I have a character that makes no money whatsoever. You don't even get the random fish cakes and bed rolls in here begging. Is there something that happens with that skill after 7 days as well that makes begging worthwhile, or is it merely to have an awesome title?

Salsa

Grandmaster
Begging is worthless (unless your begging from donation vendor).

Stealing is an art, not a skill. For it to be profitable you need to be stealing big ticket items and not regs from players at the bank.

Stealing at champ spawns and in dungeons is your ticket.

BBTT

Novice
Begging is worthless (unless your begging from donation vendor).

Stealing is an art, not a skill. For it to be profitable you need to be stealing big ticket items and not regs from players at the bank.

Stealing at champ spawns and in dungeons is your ticket.

Patience is a virtue with stealing. Sometimes you can get nothing, sometimes you can get everything! Fun class to play if you have the patience. :)

lollo

Grandmaster
Begging is only worth it with donation vendors at Brit Bank. Takes quite some time, i had to beg for almost 32 Hours, but i got an ethereal llama

amonseti

Grandmaster
stop with the dono vendor begging hoax , there are no rewards from begging the dono vendors .. this joke is getting as used up as a $10 hooker . and just about as old .

wil3ur

Grandmaster
stop with the dono vendor begging hoax , there are no rewards from begging the dono vendors .. this joke is getting as used up as a $10 hooker . and just about as old .

The only thing those vendors are good for is the fact they don't move and there's 3 so it raises relatively quickly. Bright side you can train snooping and hiding at the same time. Not really a bad place to train.

poogoblin

Master
Stealing used to be legit early on in this servers history, too many people whined and now it is where it is today.

halygon

Grandmaster
Stealing used to be legit early on in this servers history, too many people whined and now it is where it is today.
To my knowledge, there has only been one nerf to stealing and that was when stealing a powerscroll, you are dismounted.

What nerfs are you talking about?

poogoblin

Master
To my knowledge, there has only been one nerf to stealing and that was when stealing a powerscroll, you are dismounted.

What nerfs are you talking about?

Tracking being OP, unable to steal/recall...they've taken really anyway for a thief to steal and get away. I also thought the reveal when you used stealing skill as opposed to when you target was more than fair from the original steal and stay hidden (this was clearly OP). Stealing rarely stays legitimate on any server to be fair.

halygon

Grandmaster
Tracking being OP, unable to steal/recall...they've taken really anyway for a thief to steal and get away. I also thought the reveal when you used stealing skill as opposed to when you target was more than fair from the original steal and stay hidden (this was clearly OP). Stealing rarely stays legitimate on any server to be fair.
You are all over the place and I'm not sure where to start.

Tracking vs hiding/stealth is OP? Have you made a thief yet? Stealth is the most OP skill on this shard and in conjunction with a no-reveal until you target the item to steal means you can perform a steal+insta-hide. All of this plus no stamina loss means it's like impossible to stop a thief who steals from you unless they are just terrible.

Illkill

Neophyte
I agree, rather than wait for skill mastery & a chance at joining the guild the table should roll back to the time of T2A, when the skills themselves relied upon your own cunningness. Quests are okay too for this class & some achievments with specialty rewards could make the difference for playing this role. Battlefield monsters losing Regs to a thief hidden behind then taje there ability to cast away, a good quality of this class woukd be to investigate creating a superb special move that allows multiple dash steals from hordes in large pvm or pvp matches.

Sent from my LG-VS410PP using Tapatalk 2

halygon

Grandmaster
Yes, it is. The rest of your comment was not included, because you clearly haven't tested tracking, and is irrelevant.
Yeah I clearly don't have any experience on UOF nor with thief builds here.

You really have no clue do you?

If you have trouble getting away on a thief here, you need more practice because it's stupid simple to steal and run/stealth here. I rarely have issues getting away with loot.

Oh, and my GM tracker says you are wrong too.

amonseti

Grandmaster
Yeah I clearly don't have any experience on UOF nor with thief builds here.

You really have no clue do you?

If you have trouble getting away on a thief here, you need more practice because it's stupid simple to steal and run/stealth here. I rarely have issues getting away with loot.

Oh, and my GM tracker says you are wrong too.
So why did you waste points in tracking to GM anyways .. 0 tracking is littirally the same as gm tracking .. functionality wise.. at 0 tracking i rarely fail .. so I dont see a point to GM tracking ..
The guy has a point I think shane and adam just made tracking work at 0 as a quick hacky fix. The system needs improvment for sure.
Stealing somethinf from some guy who has no clue about tracking; get aways are fairly simple. but if the theft victum knows about tracking then it is fairly difficult to get away ..
As for stealing power scrolls ... yeah umm not a chance there anymore I have a better chance at taking my theif to a champ spawn hitting a creature once and then hiding till its over and being awarded a scroll, Or me hooking up for a night of hard core sexy time with Jessica Alba. either or not gunna happen , but ill have wet dreams about it for sure .

Salsa

Grandmaster
So why did you waste points in tracking to GM anyways .. 0 tracking is littirally the same as gm tracking .. functionality wise.. at 0 tracking i rarely fail .. so I dont see a point to GM tracking ..
The guy has a point I think shane and adam just made tracking work at 0 as a quick hacky fix. The system needs improvment for sure.
Stealing somethinf from some guy who has no clue about tracking; get aways are fairly simple. but if the theft victum knows about tracking then it is fairly difficult to get away ..
As for stealing power scrolls ... yeah umm not a chance there anymore I have a better chance at taking my theif to a champ spawn hitting a creature once and then hiding till its over and being awarded a scroll, Or me hooking up for a night of hard core sexy time with Jessica Alba. either or not gunna happen , but ill have wet dreams about it for sure .

Although tracking was literally just updated, even before that it was still a huge jump from 0 to GM. Going from a 25% chance to see within 8 tiles to a 100% chance to see within 30+tiles is a big jump. And now it's even bigger (haven't tested quite how big yet, but I know I'm seeing people in our other levels of the dungeon frequently.)

From reading the updates it also sounds like you can now track RDA's, which is awesome.

Long story short, it's obvious you don't and never have had a tracking character.

halygon

Grandmaster
^^ what he said. Plus I knew that when I used it once at an idoc, I would see any hiders and not have to worry about missing people I need to kill.

Bunnky

Grandmaster
Refer this thread to "Gram" who script - stole my powerscroll @ Meph last night.

Stole, got dismounted, insta-hid, and recalled right next to Mephs altar, as he did not go gray.

Thieves are way profitable.