Whats the point of a area specificly designed for crafting...

wil3ur

Grandmaster
No it would not. Then they would have an atackable char that could be killed to stop them rezing. Get your head out your ass and stop trying to justify it.

A blue rezing a blue outside of town is still attackable... your point is lost. Seriously, the guy is crying he got ganked while AFK and is pissed. I sat there for an hour stealing shit off his beetle before someone ganked him. I followed the 'griefer' and told them I was sad because I wasn't done stealing the guys shit while he was macroing.

There's nothing going on here but whining.

@Shane why not just move the crafters guild to the docks and let this be over with?

Last edited by a moderator:

wil3ur

Grandmaster
You prove you are an idiot in this post. let me show you.

Hiding is a percent based skill. 100% when you are GM yup look it up. at 50 hiding it is 50% and 30 it is 30% and at 80 it would be 80% you are just to dumb to know that you cant hide without breaking LOS or being out of range.

i had 2 thieves (standard and dissarm) and i have deleted them both cause i never really used them. but yes i know all about how thieves work maybe you should learn.

ever hear of a 5x thief.... yup its a great way to get people to attack you. steal something, they attack thinking you are just a thief, and you get to waste them and dry loot them.

stealthing wearing armor is not an issue, considering how OP stealth is.

Now you could come back in here and try and argue with me more but you will only prove that you dont know wtf you are talking about. i recommend hitting Ctrl-F4 and saving what little dignity you have left.

Tell me hiding is skill based and walk past one of the various auto-reveal NPCs in towns. I'm GM detect hidden on top of GM hiding so I can find hidden people in the crafting area. It can take anywhere from 1 to a 100000 detect hidden attempts to reveal a GM hidden character. Once I use that, it's a 10 second timer before I can steal. 20 second timer if I want to steal and "insta-hide" and even longer if it's not a 100% successful steal attempt at GM stealing/snooping. [EDIT] -- Forgot to mention the macroers have an if/then setup so if they're revealed they instahide, so you can't even snoop let alone wait for your timer to run out... Seriously, how is this a thief issue and not a fucking lazyass afk macroer issue?

It takes an NPC nothing more than me being within 2 screens to be autorevealed already.

This whole thing is nothing more than bullshit whining by people who can't stand their character not doing what they want it to while they're AFK.

bullshit plain and simple.

Wizx13

Grandmaster
Tell me hiding is skill based and walk past one of the various auto-reveal NPCs in towns. I'm GM detect hidden on top of GM hiding so I can find hidden people in the crafting area. It can take anywhere from 1 to a 100000 detect hidden attempts to reveal a GM hidden character. Once I use that, it's a 10 second timer before I can steal. 20 second timer if I want to steal and "insta-hide" and even longer if it's not a 100% successful steal attempt at GM stealing/snooping. [EDIT] -- Forgot to mention the macroers have an if/then setup so if they're revealed they instahide, so you can't even snoop let alone wait for your timer to run out... Seriously, how is this a thief issue and not a fucking lazyass afk macroer issue?

It takes an NPC nothing more than me being within 2 screens to be autorevealed already.

This whole thing is nothing more than bullshit whining by people who can't stand their character not doing what they want it to while they're AFK.

Once again yall fail this thread to all end. Pointless to even try to keep explaining this to a bunch of tunnel vision fucktards....

Bromista

Grandmaster
Hrmm, I dunno that does sound like there are problems on both sides really. But there really was something actually wrong with the CG Guardzone. Guards have not always worked right I've noticed this happening a few times myself and I am never AFK there.

I could be wrong but that ankh was put there, taken out, and put back. Am I mistaken? I think the placements were GY event related, harrowers and such. I dunno, but that ankh was bogus too.

Fuzzy

Apprentice
All I'm hearing is QQ from griefers and thieves. I'm happy the devs care enough to encourage people to keep crafting in the BCG area instead of saying "fuck it" and quitting. Most thieves are not just normal thieves but exploiters and scammers irl, we won't miss them.

Messremb

Grandmaster

Bahahaha

HIDING IS SKILL BASED

yes there are NPCs that will use detect hidden that does not change the fact that HIDING IS SKILL BASED.

there are mechanics in place that can be used to help protect yourself from thieves but you can use mechanics to out smart them. bring a mage and reveal.... sorry you are to dumb to think outside the box.

also i full support stealing from AFK macroers. this thread had nothing to do with that though. maybe you should reread the thread and know what this guy was pointing out before you start talking like you know whats going on.

VFingerDiscount

Grandmaster
Bahahaha

HIDING IS SKILL BASED

yes there are NPCs that will use detect hidden that does not change the fact that HIDING IS SKILL BASED.

there are mechanics in place that can be used to help protect yourself from thieves but you can use mechanics to out smart them. bring a mage and reveal.... sorry you are to dumb to think outside the box.

also i full support stealing from AFK macroers. this thread had nothing to do with that though. maybe you should reread the thread and know what this guy was pointing out before you start talking like you know whats going on.
The guy was afk and didn't even know how things went down. Your point is invalid.

Karl Sagan

Grandmaster
Most thieves are not just normal thieves but exploiters and scammers irl, we won't miss them.

Rofl I love seeing this level of projection, so I will flip it around:

Most blues are limp wristed bitches who can't fight their way out of a paperbag and cry all the time IRL. There are only good for two things: taking advantage of them and laughing at their tears of impotent rage.

Unfortunately the fix of replacing the ankh with a healer doesn't solve the problem of people being free to attack someone without guards being called.

I suggest any enterprising thief simply have a second account on hand just outside of the GZ, you can still rez that way and continue to get over on these suckers.

Like I said, fix the broken mechanic instead of changing the game world or nerfing a class.

Also put the crafting area outside of GZ to balance the risk/reward.

wil3ur

Grandmaster
The whole reason I read this post is because I was stealing the guys shit for an hour while he was AFK macroing, then watched his beetle get ganked. Yeah, it's silly that the game mechanics allow someone to attack his beetle... but putting in NPC patrols is just stupid.

Ankh fix -- completely valid to the guys original complaint

Guards patrolling the crafters guild because people are too stupid to not AFK in a public place -- idiotic

VFingerDiscount

Grandmaster
reread his first 2 posts he knew how things went down.

Your point is invalid please troll more though. [emoji14]
Stop Mess. He was fucking afk. Maybe he saw how the beetle was finally taken but the rest of it he wasn't around for.

Also, why are you soooooo angry at everyone and everything? Seriously, you're always insulting and talking so aggressively. Chill the fuck out man.

Bromista

Grandmaster
I don't think whether or not he was afk has much to do with the issue. He could have been afk for ten hrs for all intents and purposes, he still had issues when he came back that could not be resolved by player interaction short of him logging on an alt and putting an end to it himself. That is a fine suggestion in its own right, so long as he was prepared to do that. I can't fault him for not being prepared for that, however, as there is a certain expectation that a tried and true game mechanic that has been in place since the beginning will work properly. That mechanic has failings in the custom crafting area, hence staff intervention was necessary.

That's really all there is to it. No need for everyone to get all pissy with each other. No need to divide the community (or rather this sample of the community) over the issue. None that I can see anyway.

account51

Master
Move the crafting to an area not bordering a guard zone line, is blackthorn's castle area used? Maybe add a banker as well, it wouldn't be a total loss to thieves (afk macroers could still be targeted), but the people working at their keyboard could avoid the greifing.

arty_

Novice
was explo'd to death in Brit crafting zone tonight despite pursuing attacker and calling for guards. killer wasn't whacked until she tried to loot my corpse.

good times. Luckily only had about 300 boards at the time, but still pretty frustrating that guardzone is so unsafe

Bunnky

Grandmaster
Que up the "This isn't WoW; no trammel here; welcome to Ultima; no risk" arguments.

My suggestion: Do a search on the forums. There's so many posts about this, it will never change. People gon' xploit with no reprocussion...

Cept thieves. Lol

the guard mechanics work. there was no failed mechanic. thief went grey attacking beatle out of npc range and he called guards to late when guards can no longer be called lololol. this guy only lost 3800 iron ingots. npcs dont call guards during auto attacking only on initial aggro, learn the game mechanics fully and not say their broken.

Torin

Adept
I'm glad the Ankh was removed. That was the largest problem and I always thought it was complete bs that people could exploit it like that so close to the only area people could craft slayers in.

Any thief upset about the ankh being removed needs to sit and think for a minute. Who's the bigger "Trammy" here, the crafter sitting in a zone he can still be stolen or murdered in, or the guy abusing mechanics to get free instant resses on his griefing thief character with zero consequences? This is just like when the people with the relic that let them two-shot balrons were whining that it got nerfed.

jamison1987

Master
When u craft a slayer recall to the bank or ur house and stash that sucker bro! I would never sit there with a slayer on me no longer than I'd have to. U use uo steam? If not, download it..

"Naked & Fearless. ...and my fear is naked!" - MJK