What are the big rivalries on this shard?

Jager

Grandmaster
Jakaro vs. The World
must say after goin over your site yesterday i can see this being the case, but i have to admit i was laughing real hard and alot of the time thinking "damn why didnt i think of that". well done sir.

Pretty much any pk victim on UOF gets emotionally wrecked irl, thus creating 'rivalries' - "omg he fucking pked me, why! why! why!, mum!, dad!, help!"

Winstonian

Grandmaster
Pretty much any pk victim on UOF gets emotionally wrecked irl, thus creating 'rivalries' - "omg he fucking pked me, why! why! why!, mum!, dad!, help!"
Conversely, reds flood the forum with tears once they get statted. "They shouldn't be allowed to DO that! We need to fix stat loss!"

Interestingly enough, those reds act tough when it comes to griefing others, defending it as "part of UO", but would quit the server if perma stat was implemented. (You know, which was part of UO.)

Everyone here gets emotionally wrecked. It's why PKs farm PvE chars and post videos of their "victories", yet stay out of factions. Distracted PvErs who don't have resist are far easier targets.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

Conversely, reds flood the forum with tears once they get statted. "They shouldn't be allowed to DO that! We need to fix stat loss!"

Interestingly enough, those reds act tough when it comes to griefing others, defending it as "part of UO", but would quit the server if perma stat was implemented. (You know, which was part of UO.)

Everyone here gets emotionally wrecked. It's why PKs farm PvE chars and post videos of their "victories", yet stay out of factions. Distracted PvErs who don't have resist are far easier targets.

Child, unfortunately you are suffering from retardation.

Yes, i may agree with some of your rant partly, but remember the 'better or elite' pks are the only source of pvp for 99% of the pvp starved blues on this server (factioners included). Sure, guilds like the ! or $ zergs etc (plenty of others, but in all honesty i dont remember 99% of guild tags since they all suck) are horrible and rely on razor/uosteam to target/cast for them, but once a half decent guild logs on with say half to 3/4 their numbers they all get statlossed. I think uosteam should further be dumbed down, i believe it does the whole stun, para etc msg bs? Seriously why do people need a client to play for them, 2 1 drop is childs play....

Secondly, why do you think there is soo many whines about lack of pvp? it is because of lack of red v blue pvp (the main source in modern UO), which is caused by severe penalties for reds upon death (most kids will place a 50k "fuck you" message, followed by stat - they even recall out of fights to do it).

There are only a few (not even) guilds willing to fight outnumbered on reds, but once word gets out (holy shit action!!!) it becomes the entire shard vs 3 to 5 reds, and most will instant stat - further hindering the pvp.

IMO to improve the situation, disable ALL target macros (inc. target closest, next, red etc), and make zones or dungeons (with worthwhile incentives for going there) that are statloss free. Heaps of people have mentioned a bucs idea with a champ spawn that requires less killing etc, or unique monsters with rares - these are fantastic; SINCE PEOPLE NEED A REASON TO CONSISTENTLY/CONSTANTLY FIGHT OVER SOMETHING (champ spawns for example). But keep normal areas with 48 hours.

This will stop horrible red guilds from just running on massive gank squads of mages and hitting 1 key to target the closet player, but also create good pvp in no statloss zones.

Now i saw some stuff about pvp zones etc that were literally trammel, but remember, it isn't losing loot, it is ego in the modern day UO. Seriously most people just can't stand dying, hence zones like that just dont work - it would mean trammel party A get's owned by pvp party B a few times, and trammel party A never returns, or refuses to fight pvp party B, or for at least a month, then they get owned again and cry 'foul' and refuse all together.....

Trust me loot means nothing, it is all ego (unfortunately) for most.

Last edited by a moderator:

K A Z

Grandmaster
Child, unfortunately you are suffering from retardation.

Yes, i may agree with some of your rant partly, but remember the 'better or elite' pks are the only source of pvp for 99% of the pvp starved blues on this server (factioners included). Sure, guilds like the ! or $ zergs etc (plenty of others, but in all honesty i dont remember 99% of guild tags since they all suck) are horrible and rely on razor/uosteam to target/cast for them, but once a half decent guild logs on with say half to 3/4 their numbers they all get statlossed. I think uosteam should further be dumbed down, i believe it does the whole stun, para etc msg bs? Seriously why do people need a client to play for them, 2 1 drop is childs play....

Secondly, why do you think there is soo many whines about lack of pvp? it is because of lack of red v blue pvp (the main source in modern UO), which is caused by severe penalties for reds upon death (most kids will place a 50k "fuck you" message, followed by stat - they even recall out of fights to do it).

There are only a few (not even) guilds willing to fight outnumbered on reds, but once word gets out (holy shit action!!!) it becomes the entire shard vs 3 to 5 reds, and most will instant stat - further hindering the pvp.

IMO to improve the situation, disable ALL target macros (inc. target closest, next, red etc), and make zones or dungeons (with worthwhile incentives for going there) that are statloss free. Heaps of people have mentioned a bucs idea with a champ spawn that requires less killing etc, or unique monsters with rares - these are fantastic; SINCE PEOPLE NEED A REASON TO CONSISTENTLY/CONSTANTLY FIGHT OVER SOMETHING (champ spawns for example). But keep normal areas with 48 hours.

This will stop horrible red guilds from just running on massive gank squads of mages and hitting 1 key to target the closet player, but also create good pvp in no statloss zones.

Now i saw some stuff about pvp zones etc that were literally trammel, but remember, it isn't losing loot, it is ego in the modern day UO. Seriously most people just can't stand dying, hence zones like that just dont work - it would mean trammel party A get's owned by pvp party B a few times, and trammel party A never returns, or refuses to fight pvp party B, or for at least a month, then they get owned again and cry 'foul' and refuse all together.....

Trust me loot means nothing, it is all ego (unfortunately) for most.

POWER only fight newbs outnumbered. If it's a group in your league you guys also recall 9/10.

POWER only fight newbs outnumbered. If it's a group in your league you guys also recall 9/10.

News to me?

Then again ive barely been on for the past couple weeks, and wendy hasn't been on for over 2 weeks.

Everytime us 2 are on with flube everyone dies, whines and/or allies the shard....

Winstonian

Grandmaster
Wow. A "hardcore", shit-talking red pushing for stat loss to be removed. I'm shocked.

Yes reds... keep bragging about how hard you dominate, while complaining about death penalties for a role you CHOOSE to be. It's adorable.

(Reds vs. blues is the main source of PvP ONLY because of how many reds play this server. Period. If those reds instead played blues, didn't prey on the weak, and could handle more balanced field fights, there would be plenty of PvP here. Don't sit on a red and be shocked that reds generate PvP.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow. A "hardcore", shit-talking red pushing for stat loss to be removed. I'm shocked.

Yes reds... keep bragging about how hard you dominate, while complaining about death penalties for a role you CHOOSE to be. It's adorable.

(Reds vs. blues is the main source of PvP ONLY because of how many reds play this server. Period. If those reds instead played blues, didn't prey on the weak, and could handle more balanced field fights, there would be plenty of PvP here. Don't sit on a red and be shocked that reds generate PvP.)

My angry friend, you have it all wrong.

Sure, there are plenty of scumbag reds out there who only gank and prey on the weak.

But there are many others who prey on the weak, engage in pvp, fight the entire shard and do just about everything....

Yes, i understand your grief (from shit reds zerging), but if you grouped up, these shit reds can be statlossed with the current system. Trust me, most of them are deplorable, just like factioners.

Most people are looking for easy kills, i usually pk solo due to my time zone, if you are whining about players such as myself - then IMPROVE YOURSELF!! i cant believe how many tamers dies to me... like honestly.... i should be welcomed as food..... But yes, there are many mage zergs running around pushing a few buttons and claiming "skills" killing bards and tamers with macros - i agree, they are horrid and should be punished.

I was suggesting ZONES with benefits - to generate traffic my young padawan.

Nihilism

Grandmaster
Still haven't figured out why closest target is still in...

It doesn't promote pvp in any way, all it does is gives people a reason to group with 3-4 others and hit one button to attempt to kill one farmer.

Should be worth noting that I have *never* seen jugs in a group gank when on my tamer. Not saying it never happens, but personally, I have only ever seen him solo, as that's all he generally needs.
And for this, the odd random time he becomes lizard food, first thing I do with solo reds is chop head, taken their weapon, and sell them both back for 1gold.
And that's solely to ensure some random shitbag doesn't come along and try to auto stat/extort 50k outta someone for nothing.
As should be the case for any of these solo situations.
'Should' being the operative word.

Winstonian

Grandmaster
My angry friend, you have it all wrong.

Sure, there are plenty of scumbag reds out there who only gank and prey on the weak.

But there are many others who prey on the weak, engage in pvp, fight the entire shard and do just about everything....

Yes, i understand your grief (from shit reds zerging), but if you grouped up, these shit reds can be statlossed with the current system. Trust me, most of them are deplorable, just like factioners.

Most people are looking for easy kills, i usually pk solo due to my time zone, if you are whining about players such as myself - then IMPROVE YOURSELF!! i cant believe how many tamers dies to me... like honestly.... i should be welcomed as food..... But yes, there are many mage zergs running around pushing a few buttons and claiming "skills" killing bards and tamers with macros - i agree, they are horrid and should be punished.

I was suggesting ZONES with benefits - to generate traffic my young padawan.
I'm not basing this loss of my experience. I recently joined, and have spent time working up chars (including a tamer, which has taken most of my time here). I've been griefed numerous times by reds in shame, and I really don't care. I res and get back to work.

I'm basing this off of posted POWER videos, where a coordinated group of PvP chars brag about killing a bunch of distracted PvM chars. Impressive. I'm also basing this off of the numerous contradictions: reds telling blues to "stop bitching" because getting murdered is part of the game, then reds turning around and bitching because they got statted (which has always been a part of the game). It's quality stuff.

I'll help, though. You guys want more PvP, and don't want to be statted. Here's the solution: 1) go blue, 2) join order/chaos. Holy shit. Considering "order vs chaos" is the premise behind red vs blue, you guys could actually PvP in two separate groups without stat loss. Mind fucking blown, right?

It'll never happen, because the majority of players here would rather have the freedom to kill distracted PvM characters. That being the case, stop bitching.

K A Z

Grandmaster
I'm not basing this loss of my experience. I recently joined, and have spent time working up chars (including a tamer, which has taken most of my time here). I've been griefed numerous times by reds in shame, and I really don't care. I res and get back to work.

I'm basing this off of posted POWER videos, where a coordinated group of PvP chars brag about killing a bunch of distracted PvM chars. Impressive. I'm also basing this off of the numerous contradictions: reds telling blues to "stop bitching" because getting murdered is part of the game, then reds turning around and bitching because they got statted (which has always been a part of the game). It's quality stuff.

I'll help, though. You guys want more PvP, and don't want to be statted. Here's the solution: 1) go blue, 2) join order/chaos. Holy shit. Considering "order vs chaos" is the premise behind red vs blue, you guys could actually PvP in two separate groups without stat loss. Mind fucking blown, right?

It'll never happen, because the majority of players here would rather have the freedom to kill distracted PvM characters. That being the case, stop bitching.

It will never happen because just about everyone is tired of sitting at WBB for 3 hours to get one fight and to then see the enemy log out. I've played ALOT during US peak hours the last few days and it was SHOCKING how little Faction PVP there was. We would usually kill the enemies 3v3 or 4v4 or even 5v5 and they'd instantly log back out. I've said it before and I'll say it again: People nowadays want red vs blue PVP. Most of them are so scared of dying that they will never ever join up a Faction. They'd rather play blues and zerg the occasional reds that show up at West Bridge.

Winstonian

Grandmaster
It will never happen because just about everyone is tired of sitting at WBB for 3 hours to get one fight and to then see the enemy log out. I've played ALOT during US peak hours the last few days and it was SHOCKING how little Faction PVP there was. We would usually kill the enemies 3v3 or 4v4 or even 5v5 and they'd instantly log back out. I've said it before and I'll say it again: People nowadays want red vs blue PVP. Most of them are so scared of dying that they will never ever join up a Faction. They'd rather play blues and zerg the occasional reds that show up at West Bridge.
I agree.

If all of the reds joined Order/Chaos on blue chars, others would follow suit. There would be a ton of PvP.

Red vs blue dominates the PvP because of the large number of red characters here.

K A Z

Grandmaster
I agree.

If all of the reds joined Order/Chaos on blue chars, others would follow suit. There would be a ton of PvP.

Red vs blue dominates the PvP because of the large number of red characters here.

No it dominates because UO has turned into a Quake RPG. People nowadays are just bored of waiting hours and hours to find someone to PVP with. Unfortunately, Factions recquire 1-2 groups to fights. As a red you can ALWAYS find a fight. That's why there's more reds than blues. If they'd encourage reds to join factions by lowering their potential Statloss and/or remove Statloss outside of Factions this Shard would have double the visible PVP it has right now.

AnsemUO

Grandmaster
Here's the rivalry on this shard.

UOF (the shard) vs POWER (a guild of 4-5 reds)

Everything else is a lie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AnsemUO

Grandmaster
Well people get tired of outnumbering us on leet factioners and reds and still losing so they bring tamers and blues and.....still lose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DsR fought PSB/Paws last night 3v9 (i think they had 11 at one point.. all starting from a 2v2 where they house hid).

Our 3rd guy logged in for the 1st time in about 8 months and was on a semi-finished character.

They managed to kill our 3rd guy that happened to be red and one of them instantly recalled out to stat him.. turning the fight into 2v9.

They then managed to lose 4 in a 2v9 fight.. including losing 1 with just me against 5 of them all on same screen, within 3-4 tiles.

This game is 15 years old, I don't understand how you can be THAT bad.