Vivify revamp (wow great idea cups!)

lollo

Grandmaster
*spellbook

And don’t get me wrong I do appreciate people that donate a lot to keep the server up.

I was just pointing out your self righteous tears

Lexington

Grandmaster
Not really, have hundreds of mills worth of stuff and don’t have a mega mage (nor do I want one) so I couldn’t give two shits about your slayer spell ppl lol

Then WTF are you doing in this thread... you and Bromista both commenting on a topic you have no interest in. TROLLS... and I like Bromistia but he is still a Troll :p

Bromista

Grandmaster
Lex what are you talking about I have dropped both facts and opinions that I am not alone in having. I don't have to have played a meta mage to make a reasonable cost-benefit analysis based on both my own observations and feedback from others, and I did incinciude a disclaimer. Aside from that I've done nothing but state what I feel is pretty obvious. It all comes down to risk vs effectiveness. All tali's have duds. If we fix the duds, we disrupt the balance, or in order to keep the balance and fix everything we would be making tali's stronger.

The all slayer crafted books are the best suggestion in the thread. But would dexers need a weaker all slayer deed?

Every suggestion made has a caveat and I'm here to point em out m8

Lexington

Grandmaster
Lex what are you talking about I have dropped both facts and opinions that I am not alone in having. I don't have to have played a meta mage to make a reasonable cost-benefit analysis based on both my own observations and feedback from others, and I did incinciude a disclaimer. Aside from that I've done nothing but state what I feel is pretty obvious. It all comes down to risk vs effectiveness. All tali's have duds. If we fix the duds, we disrupt the balance, or in order to keep the balance and fix everything we would be making tali's stronger.

The all slayer crafted books are the best suggestion in the thread. But would dexers need a weaker all slayer deed?

Every suggestion made has a caveat and I'm here to point em out m8

I acknowledged your productive post... that said, I also have to acknowledge to your first couple of post/trolls.

Bromista

Grandmaster
Na the books really weren't a good idea, unless of course they were bound to char but obviously that isn't the case.

Whaddya do

Bromista

Grandmaster
But you know at some point we all have wanted for the shitty relic of whatever talisman to get some love...so I do understand.

I think it's fair to say I only recently began accepting that things are in pretty good balance myself.

Have stronger summons or a better chance to cast them, fine! Vivofy will still be the bastard child of meta mage relics.

Lexington

Grandmaster
Na the books really weren't a good idea, unless of course they were bound to char but obviously that isn't the case.

Whaddya do

Trust me... if I could go back in time they would still be hidden away today... like they were for years. As it is I have the only actives and they are purposely put on the same account so they can never be multi boxed.

Phrygian

Master
But you know at some point we all have wanted for the shitty relic of whatever talisman to get some love...so I do understand.

I think it's fair to say I only recently began accepting that things are in pretty good balance myself.

Have stronger summons or a better chance to cast them, fine! Vivofy will still be the bastard child of meta mage relics.

Honestly, focus is the real bastard child relic.

AreYouKidden

Grandmaster
Vivify may be the most aids, but it's honestly not hard, just make 10k summon water ele scrolls, and macro while playing another account. I absolutely hate the mechanics for it, but it really isn't hard... :(

Lexington

Grandmaster
I'd agree with that. Vivify is the most aids to level, focus is the most underwhelming overall

I believe focus was changed from the original... that's why its underwhelming now. It was the nerf that took place after a maxed meta mage played the vesper even 24/7 and drastically out scored everyone.

Kyain

Master
well i mean, none of them are 'hard' to level in the sense of macro'ing them, but to raise vivify through NORMAL gameplay is out of the question. It pretty much has to be macro'd. i mean, with a 50 second CD, and summons lasting I believe 5 minutes?

5 procs for shadowy, dispersion or focus... all can be up to 3 points per proc considering mob you're fighting, 15 relic xp per from NORMAL gameplay

Assuming it doesn't get dispelled, 1 summon daemon over the course of 5 minutes, 1 relic xp towards vivify.

at lvl 9, game play time for maxing out dispersion or any of the others with a 47 sec cooldown, 13.92 hours (47 sec between procs, 3 relic xp per proc, 3200xp required

at lvl 9 vivify, 2250 xp required, 1 relic xp per 5 minutes, 187.5 hours of playtime (5 minutes between procs, 1 relic xp per proc, 2250 xp required)

For some reason I'm fairly certain it's 5 minutes here, but most sites say it's 4 * Magery, which would mean over 6.5 minutes between summons, which means maxing vivify is even longer then what i calculated above.