Vivify revamp (wow great idea cups!)

cups

Grandmaster
I'd honestly be happy if they just removed the cooldown on Vivify. It still takes 50 mana to cast. So even if there was no cooldown it would still be time consuming to cast all those summons to max your talisman.

Like right now my vivify is level 3. It takes 750 points to get it to level 4. I get one point per summon... IF vivify even procs. so, in a perfect world, and this isn't a perfect world, I could get 1 point of vivify every 56 seconds. 750 * 56 = 42,000 / 60 = 700 / 60 = 11.67. So it would take us nearly 12 hours of watching our character summon 8th circle spells for our relic to go from level 3 to 4.

Doesn't that seem wrong? At least with other relics it kind of makes sense. You are constantly using them as you fight... but with summons? summons you summon once and you fight with it until it disappears. The only "natural" path to level 10 vivify would take five years of playing multiple hours a day. We should either change the way vivify levels up or allow us to macro it AFK.

Lexington

Grandmaster
I'd honestly be happy if they just removed the cooldown on Vivify. It still takes 50 mana to cast. So even if there was no cooldown it would still be time consuming to cast all those summons to max your talisman.

Like right now my vivify is level 3. It takes 750 points to get it to level 4. I get one point per summon... IF vivify even procs. so, in a perfect world, and this isn't a perfect world, I could get 1 point of vivify every 56 seconds. 750 * 56 = 42,000 / 60 = 700 / 60 = 11.67. So it would take us nearly 12 hours of watching our character summon 8th circle spells for our relic to go from level 3 to 4.

Doesn't that seem wrong? At least with other relics it kind of makes sense. You are constantly using them as you fight... but with summons? summons you summon once and you fight with it until it disappears. The only "natural" path to level 10 vivify would take five years of playing multiple hours a day. We should either change the way vivify levels up or allow us to macro it AFK.

I never understood why only certain spells get the benefit if spirit speak.? It should be all of them.
25 mana per summon would be a start.
Maybe a reduced follow count for the higher your vivify is? Level 10... 2 deamons at 25 mana each!!!

AreYouKidden

Grandmaster
See the avatar to the left… that black book that in the pic! I know all there is to know about you’re unwarranted perception of the meta mage state. That book does not give anyone any real advantage for anything. It was a reward for server support and commitment well over 4 ½ years ago.

The facts!!!

It and every other slayer spell book (crafted or not crafted) are constantly being out-scored at pretty much every champ and dungeon boss out there. That little black book is not what’s making the mage mage weak in comparison. The fact you guys keep fixating on it might though!

The issue is that eppy himself has stated several times the reason mages don't get shiny things is because of those legacy books. I've heard it myself, others have seen and heard it. Most of us don't feel the mage books skew anything, but eppy does the coding, he's the one you need to convince that they don't give an advantage too

cups

Grandmaster
If that's truly how eppy feels then I don't get it. What about the other 99.9% of meta mages that don't have those books? Perhaps he should re-evaluate this one.

Lexington

Grandmaster
The issue is that eppy himself has stated several times the reason mages don't get shiny things is because of those legacy books. I've heard it myself, others have seen and heard it. Most of us don't feel the mage books skew anything, but eppy does the coding, he's the one you need to convince that they don't give an advantage too

I don't need to convince eppy of anything... these books were given out (the same as some other blessed items/weapons) way before his time. He needs to code the game for the majorly of the population. Not code with the intent to nerf or to hold back a play style just because of a reward that was given out by the shard owner!

The meta mage is way behind other classes. It’s a shame because it really is the funniest of all templates

TheFallen

Grandmaster
Simple fix. Add "slayer" as a small chance to roll on all slayer craftable items. Now it is possible for everyone to get on an even playing field but the all slayer property would still be very rare and very expensive and a blessed all slayer item would still retain a very high value.
There shouldn't be items that give an advantage to game party that are completely unobtainable in any form to other players.
Or just add the all slayer property as a rare craftable or mob drop or something but certainly not have it work with blessed items to keep the value of the books.

Kyain

Master
Have they actually confirmed slayer spell book deeds though? That would already be a step in the right direction for daily life of a meta mage, but would probably still need a slight bump from there.

Lexington

Grandmaster
Have they actually confirmed slayer spell book deeds though? That would already be a step in the right direction for daily life of a meta mage, but would probably still need a slight bump from there.

eppy was talking about them just a few days ago so that's a good sign

Phrygian

Master

Eppy was talking about them yesterday, brainstorming. Or the day before. He also enabled Slayer deeds on Bows. Showed some screen shots. I needs to have 2 magic properties though.

I'm just going to throw this out there, coming from someone that afk trained my vivify when it was allowed I am 100% convinced nobody is going to do this relic legit. The leveling system for this relic needs to be adjusted for anyone wanting to max it is basically going to have to break the rules.

As far as all slayer books go (not the topic but w.e..) why not just add all the limitless blessed books to the [rewards vendor at the price of the current elemental book (18 full crystals) and a way to combine the books into one. This way those die hard meta mages have something to spend their riches on and also advance their character.

Lexington

Grandmaster
I'm just going to throw this out there, coming from someone that afk trained my vivify when it was allowed I am 100% convinced nobody is going to do this relic legit. The leveling system for this relic needs to be adjusted for anyone wanting to max it is basically going to have to break the rules.

Agreed

Bromista

Grandmaster
I used to respect you once upon a time but you're just a joke troll now. Grow up Bromista
183ob861iy0ckjpg.jpg

Bump