Vendors need a fee reduction - will help the shard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cerebellum

Grandmaster
And whats with all the people crying for change. Like vendor pricing is going to make or break the shard. Its been this way for 20 years lets make thoughtful incremental changes to the game not wide sweeping ones that could potentially affect balance in ways people dont understand. There is literally a form post or discussion about changing every aspect of this game at any given time why does everyone want to change a game we love so much.

If you play here, you know why change is needed. Vendor pricing alone isn't going to break the shard, but it certainly isn't helping . And re-vamping a system that only 1% of the shard uses regularly can only help. The WORST case scenario is that 1% of the shard is unhappy about the change.

I'm getting quite tired of every idea being met with "Don't change it, I like it the way it is, I make it work perfectly". The 1% think they own UOF, and UOF hasn't demonstrated otherwise.

What needs to change is the effort on innovation of content and systems to rebuild the player base. UOF population is in free fall, and closed minded comments like yours and Skala's offer nothing to the community and look to validate and support your specific playstyle that you've been able to leverage. I argue that neither you, Skala or the rest of the 1% of the shard give a shit at all about UOF. If you can't buy it with your credit card, or "min/max" leverage it to your own personal benefit, you don't like it. If you had to lose something to benefit the overall health of the shard, my guess is you'd ***** and quit.

This entire community spends more time arguing and shitting on each other's ideas to "win" a -discord- debate or get the last word in a forum post than they do playing the goddamn game.

JDXM

Journeyman
I don't see any crying here, just a discussion with some varied opinions...keeping the server populated and healthy is the goal of most people making suggestions.

I'm pretty sure a large percentage of players who run a vendor would not expect to sell any sizeable portion of their goods in a single day and so avoid high daily fee's. I agree with what Cerebellum says, this shouldn't be considered part of the general UOF player-run vendor experience.

It's a fair point about vendors possibly being abused for storage...but this would still mean extra gold sink, and I think this would only be something a newer player would consider as storage isn't an issue unless you're a real packrat.

I'm sure we'd all agree it would be good to see less empty/unused vendors and more player trade without the disco spam. :D

Cerebellum

Grandmaster
If they moved the fees to commission I for one would drop my vendors. This would not be cost effective to the vendor. As it sits right now I am betting on selling what i have placed there before the charge. Pretty much the only way to come out with a fair profit.

I argue that neither you, Skala or the rest of the 1% of the shard give a shit at all about UOF. If you can't buy it with your credit card, or "min/max" leverage it to your own personal benefit, you don't like it. If you had to lose something to benefit the overall health of the shard, my guess is you'd ***** and quit.

And this is why the 1%'s opinion shouldn't be relevant.

Status
Not open for further replies.