Vendors need a fee reduction - will help the shard

Status
Not open for further replies.

cups

Grandmaster
I think that the cost of running player vendors should be greatly reduced or removed entirely. Crafters are essential for a server to function. I played a dozen servers before coming to UOF and they all had low population and finding things like full spell books and kegs could often times be a chore. I know we have a few players like skala @Morgan who do a great service by keeping her multiple vendors stocked but it would be nice to see a few more. I used to run a scribe vendor and it made me a lot of money but I eventually gave up because it was too much work. I feel if we reduced vendor fees it would give incentive to others to get into the player vendor business.. and it would help retain the players who currently do run player vendors.

As always feedback/critque is welcome. Thanks guys.

Lexington

Grandmaster
Free works for me... I've only ever placed one vendor (@ the ocllo house) a while back thinking I'd put a bunch of PS on it. The fee was stupidly high so I just sold them on Discord. The vendor has since decayed.

Kranix

Novice
I would probably invest in a vendor and sell newb supplies super cheap if it were free. I don’t run vendors for that reason; it’s too expensive and you can just use disco

The End

Master
We need them to tax on the item selling not daily. And they need to tax on items if they have been for sale too long. Otherwise the entire server will be full of overpriced crap that never gets sold because of free listings. Having a tax on being sold will help sink some gold. And having a tax on items not sold fast enough will keep prices reasonable.

Morgan

Adept
I could just as easy sell everything Via Discord without any tax
having vendors up just helps the shard to run smoother and
keeps people playing... The problem with the tax is sometimes
the person who owns the vendor comes out with a lose .
Being the reason most do not run vendors.

cups

Grandmaster
Yeah the storage argument makes no sense. 125 items per vendor isn’t much and if anything it would be a hassle trying to store shit on the vendors. I don’t see that being an issue at all

Smokey McCallum

Grandmaster
Like seriously lol???? Housing is dirt fucking cheap on this server and there's loads of places where you can still place small plots

Ok calm down fella its not that funny or ludicrous. The reason for the fee is probably what I said so its not that LOLLLLZZZZZ!!!!! is it. Cap it was my suggestion, is that a really funny suggestions too?

The End

Master
Yeah the storage argument makes no sense. 125 items per vendor isn’t much and if anything it would be a hassle trying to store shit on the vendors. I don’t see that being an issue at all
Don’t understand the “isn’t much” as any box is only able to hold 125 items. So if your house can have 10 vendors that’s 1250 items. Seems like a bit of free storage. But it’s annoying to have to hit escape 125 times per vendor

The End

Master
That I did not know ha thought it was just chests
Yea far as I remember the “tax” or cost per day is based and increased off the price the item is listed for. So list something for 1 million. It makes the vendor cost thousands a day with just a single item in it.

The End

Master
I quit running vendors because like everyone here stated. Discord is free. Seems stupid to throw away thousands of gold a day when I can watch/list stuff in discord for free

Status
Not open for further replies.