Vendor Expired and Dropped ALL Items

SidX

Grandmaster
A vendor at my shop recently expired, but instead of its items going to the vendor owner's bank, the entire inventory just dropped onto the ground at the same tile location where the vendor was. These items were free for anyone to grab so I picked them up.

It was like a vendor IDOC.

I thought when a vendor expired the inventory went to the owner's bank? This has been how vendors worked ever since I joined UOF (and also on OSI). Was this changed recently? I have been telling this to all of my renters in case a vendor expires but now this changes a lot.

I don't know if this is a bug, but I know for sure the vendor only expired because I set it to NOT renew. It didn't run out of gold. After the time ran out on the current contract, the vendor went away but dropped all of his ITEMS. No gold was dropped, so maybe that went to the vendor owner's bank?

7SYD5VY.jpg

Thanks.

wreckognize

Grandmaster
vendor rental deeds (red) will make every item go into the bank if it expires. but the regular deeds (plain hue) will do this...

it's not really a bug but i agree it could be fixed like the red ones were.

again if you are using a red rental deed then all items will go into bank if it dies, including its clothing.

SidX

Grandmaster
vendor rental deeds (red) will make every item go into the bank if it expires. but the regular deeds (plain hue) will do this...

it's not really a bug but i agree it could be fixed like the red ones were.

again if you are using a red rental deed then all items will go into bank if it dies, including its clothing.
Right now it looks like the opposite is true. I placed my own vendor using a plain hue Contract of Employment. When I let the vendor expire, all of its items went to my bank in a backpack.

However, this vendor that was rented out to my brother I had rented to him using a red Vendor Rental Contract. When his vendor expired the items just dropped to the ground and got looted mostly by the public.

This is pretty absurd in my opinion and should immediately be reversed. Say I have a vendor at someone's mall that was placed using the red rental contract. With 1 minute left in the contract, the house owner can just set it to NOT renew and all of my vendor's contents drop to the ground. I call BS on that, that opens so many doors for abuse and scamming.

The plain hue deeds "Contract of Employment" can only be placed by the house owner. If anything, I could understand if these items drop when the vendor expires. But red Vendor Rental Contracts should NEVER drop items to the ground.

@Shane or @Adam could you look into this? As it is now, any vendor mall owner can set their tenants' contracts to NOT renew with 1 minute left and then loot all the shit as it drops.

wreckognize

Grandmaster
Methinks you have the vendors mixed up, the red deeds will definitely go to the bank. This was a custom fix by UOF developers for this server only.

I thought the plain deeds were removed a long time ago. They should be.

The vendor that dropped must have been the plain deed vendor, think hard and try to remember.

SidX

Grandmaster
Methinks you have the vendors mixed up, the red deeds will definitely go to the bank. This was a custom fix by UOF developers for this server only.

I thought the plain deeds were removed a long time ago. They should be.

The vendor that dropped must have been the plain deed vendor, think hard and try to remember.
No I am 100% positive the red deed expired and dropped all of the items. That's why I think this should be addressed. Only the red deeds "rental contracts" can be used to rent vendors to other players. The vendor that expired belonged to my brother on a different account, so the only way that would even be possible is with a red deed.

Plain deeds are only useable by the house owner since no "contract" really needs to be arranged. Anyone else MUST use a red rental contract that is placed and setup by the house owner.

eppy

Grandmaster
I have had a rental vendor fall before and it placed all the items into my bank even though it was at item count.

wreckognize

Grandmaster
Yes well it's definitely been fixed so that the red deeds will put all items and clothing into the bank inside a regular backpack. So it should be working. The test is of course to make one of each type of vendor, and see which items go to the bank when they die.

halygon

Grandmaster
Could it be possible that the character the vendor was rented to was deleted and hence no bank box available?

SidX

Grandmaster
Could it be possible that the character the vendor was rented to was deleted and hence no bank box available?
I don't think he deleted the character. He set the vendor up and the next day went to CA, and hasn't been on since. I'm worried though, because if this was tested and works fine for some, perhaps it's all in how the vendor rental expires?

@wreckognize , how did you test the expiration of the rental contract? Did you let the gold run dry or dismiss it? In my case I just set the contract to not renew-- the vendor had gold on it and was not dismissed by the renter. The only reason it vanished is because I set it not to renew.. so when it ran out of time the vendor vanished and dropped the goods. The only way to test this method is to setup a vendor for a 1 Week (minimum) rental, set it to not renew, put an item on it and wait a week for it to die.. then see what happens. Maybe this method results in the items dropping?

I'll set a vendor up in my shop for this purpose and get back in a week with my findings.. I'll keep gold on it and some items, then see what happens when it fails to renew. It'd be interesting to see if the items fall.

wreckognize

Grandmaster
oh glory what haven't I tested about the vendor deeds here lol.

Did you know that if you own a custom house, if there is a rented vendor that has rent ready for the owner to collect, but is still not collected, and then dies for whatever reason, that the owed rent will be subtracted from the vendors gold and put inside the house moving crate?? It's weird ;p but yes I've tested both ways and it yielded the same result, items and clothing in a backpack in the bankbox.

Things break though, accidents in development sometimes even. I'm skeptical that you have used a plain deed and also have had this problem. Nevertheless if you have a timestamp from your screenshot above im sure the devs could just load it up and see what happened exactly.

One way to find out if the player has actually been deleted however is that, if that player was a GM craftsman, you might still have an item that he crafted that may have makers mark attached to it. If the player then deletes the character that made the item, the item will no longer bear makers mark as of the next restart after character deletion.

So if there has been a restart and that character is deleted, his makers mark will now just say Exceptional.

It's funny, I actually think that this happened once back when I ran 'Yew York'

but I can't remember what happened. By the way, if you know he hasn't been on, why did you cancel his vendor? And if he's your brother can't you just phone him and ask if he deleted the character?

Last edited by a moderator: