Trinsic Invasion 24/10/2015

Lexington

Grandmaster
This is what I don't under stand. You're a dexer... a 24 hours toon and you expect to be the best PVM class in the game? The game isn't meant to the %100 balanced. Honestly be thankful talismans have made you as powerful as you are!

Lexington

Grandmaster
Meh I don't even care anymore.

I'm the same... but I can't get over the fact that dexers feel they are getting the shaft!? Time invested always factors into the best reward! This game is set up to allow you to play your favorite CUSTOM class for pure enjoyment not for $ making potential! If you want the best $ you need to put this time in to build the best class............

Bromista

Grandmaster
Don't forget about all those bosses and shit that destroy tamers but are O.K. for dexers. You know, bosses that often come right at the end of invasions.

That convenience factor of not having to retrieve another character would sure be nice, eh?

Lexington

Grandmaster
Don't forget about all those bosses and shit that destroy tamers but are O.K. for dexers. You know, bosses that often come right at the end of invasions.

That convenience factor of not having to retrieve another character would sure be nice, eh?

If this thread is showing anything it's showing how OP the new dexer really is!

Bromista

Grandmaster
Maybe not OP, but for the convenience factor and the bang for the buck of the meta dexer it's really hard to argue that this game is tailored to tamers anymore.

Meta mages are strong as fuck too.

Lexington

Grandmaster
Maybe not OP, but for the convenience factor and the bang for the buck of the meta dexer it's really hard to argue that this game is tailored to tamers anymore.

Meta mages are strong as fuck too.

Strong but very fragile like they should be.....

Bromista

Grandmaster
I can imagine.

I need to work on my dexers some more before I think about starting a mage talisman.

I almost pulled the trigger a short while back 3 outta 4 of the mage relics were on Yew bank vendors for a whopping 2.75m total and I almost pulled the trigger.

Ended up buying val hammer LBOD instead.

Only took a few weeks to fill just got the last dees I need to fill it tonight :D

*Cough* Any dexers looking for a nice 7x tourney weapon? *Cough*

Tard the Paladin

Grandmaster
I'm the same... but I can't get over the fact that dexers feel they are getting the shaft!? Time invested always factors into the best reward! This game is set up to allow you to play your favorite CUSTOM class for pure enjoyment not for $ making potential! If you want the best $ you need to put this time in to build the best class............

hahaha it doesn't matter how clearly I spell out that I advocate that classes be equal in terms of the effort, time, risk, and money spent to build them. You still get the brain dead response "BU-BU-BUTTT TAMING IS EXPENSIVE!!!". Why even respond if you completely ignore the whole point that I make?

Other classes should also have an option to be expensive to train. It can be a level playing field. There's no reason that taming should be the only end game class as it is currently.

Lexington

Grandmaster
I can imagine.

I need to work on my dexers some more before I think about starting a mage talisman.

I almost pulled the trigger a short while back 3 outta 4 of the mage relics were on Yew bank vendors for a whopping 2.75m total and I almost pulled the trigger.

Ended up buying val hammer LBOD instead.

Only took a few weeks to fill just got the last dees I need to fill it tonight :D

*Cough* Any dexers looking for a nice 7x tourney weapon? *Cough*

I'm 26K exp away from level 10... I have another mage and all 4 relics in the bank waiting as I was going to build two but after playing this one to level 10 I'd never do it again. I only started a meta mage because I'm so over the tamer phase.

Lexington

Grandmaster
hahaha it doesn't matter how clearly I spell out that I advocate that classes be equal in terms of the effort, time, risk, and money spent to build them. You still get the brain dead response "BU-BU-BUTTT TAMING IS EXPENSIVE!!!". Why even respond if you completely ignore the whole point that I make?

Other classes should also have an option to be expensive to train. It can be a level playing field. There's no reason that taming should be the only end game class as it is currently.

hummm.... make it a level playing field, interesting. I still think you should just play a class because you enjoy it and the challenge. That's why I gave up taming... it's really isn't fun!

Tard the Paladin

Grandmaster
hummm.... make it a level playing field, interesting. I still think you should just play a class because you enjoy it and the challenge. That's why I gave up taming... it's really isn't fun!

I suspect that some tamers mistakenly look at things in a zero sum perspective. If the risks, rewards, effort, and resources are equal for end game content for different classes then nothing is being taken away from tamers. It simply lets a player enjoy developing a character that suits their play style.

For you, taming is boring. Its not appealing to me either. I see no reason why we couldn't put the same energy into developing a character that we enjoy.

Lexington

Grandmaster
I suspect that some tamers mistakenly look at things in a zero sum perspective. If the risks, rewards, effort, and resources are equal for end game content for different classes then nothing is being taken away from tamers. It simply lets a player enjoy developing a character that suits their play style.

For you, taming is boring. Its not appealing to me either. I see no reason why we couldn't put the same energy into developing a character that we enjoy.

I am doing just that with my meta mage.... I created 4 tamers in MY UOF career two on Sonoma and two here. Physically played three of them to GM and bought 50 SS for the other one here. After the PVM phase bores me to death it always brings me back to Mage PVP. Only thing here is I'll be able to PVM with the same mage I PVP with. Maybe not as good as the top class but it will give me the best of both worlds. I'm just playing to play... and don't give a shit about all the shinny's anymore!

Correction!!!!! http://www.uoforum.com/threads/permanent-body-paint.68377/

Last edited by a moderator:

Tard the Paladin

Grandmaster
I am doing just that with my meta mage.... I created 4 tamers in MY UOF career two on Sonoma and two here. Physically played three of them to GM and bought 50 SS for the other one here. After the PVM phase bores me to death it always brings me back to Mage PVP. Only thing here is I'll be able to PVM with the same mage I PVP with. Maybe not as good as the top class but it will give me the best of both worlds. I'm just playing to play... and don't give a shit about all the shinny's anymore!

I see your point. But I think it would benefit the whole community if players could find the class that they like the most and then have equal opportunity to develop it.

You say you don't give a shit about the shinnys anymore. I feel you man. A MMO is as fun as the player base makes it. Its the community that can really make it fun. Once you fill the character slots, buy the huge houses, fill those houses with the best loot, then what? Hopefully, you still enjoy the game because you enjoy the community. We could probably all work a little harder towards building the community. I think more diverse character development would help in a way. Its more interesting if players are choosing different paths. When tamers see the most benefits then the diversity of the play styles dwindles. Everyone running around on a tamer, ya know?

GimpCent

Grandmaster
This is 'the tamer shard'. I've learned to just accept that.

@Shane @Kilike. ^

ib0SdJN.jpg

Kilike

Grandmaster
Again with this song and dance?

Even on a bad day my non-meta dexer can outscore my meta dragon/Provo tamer...with good gear of course. Gotta work harder for it and there's significantly more risk but facts are facts.

Furthermore I'll give you three guesses which one has a better chance to defend himself against players if the need arises...and here's a hint: it's not my tamer.
This is either the biggest croak of shit in this thread or you're a terrible tamer. It's really that simple.

As tard stated earlier watch bradley at a spawn. I've personally watched him come in for only the last level and boss and yet destroyed the other meta tamers there. Racking up a 70k score.

Other times if he's there from the start he's beating everyone while looting everything, recalling out and making 60-80k per champ pre boss spawn.

With that said. Tamers spend more money and more time not just on their meta but training taming. They should be far better than others at PVM. Just dont act like a normal dexxer regardless of gear will beat a meta tamer.
Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Kilike

Grandmaster
Awww you're thinking about me. How cute. I don't disagree at all. I just don't agree with asking for nerfs when people refuse to adapt their playstyle. I've given the argument up though you win.

Fuck it. Let's make everyone gods then. If this is the "tamer server" I suggest necro/chiv and offensive 120s get put in. Default cast speed set to 2/6. Trust me. No one will ever ***** about tamers again.

GimpCent

Grandmaster
Awww you're thinking about me. How cute. I don't disagree at all. I just don't agree with asking for nerfs when people refuse to adapt their playstyle. I've given the argument up though you win.

Fuck it. Let's make everyone gods then. If this is the "tamer server" I suggest necro/chiv and offensive 120s get put in. Default cast speed set to 2/6. Trust me. No one will ever ***** about tamers again.

@Shane