"Trin" guild House in Trinsic Next to bank, Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

limlight

Grandmaster
Thing is though man. They are well known to be trinsic fans. It would be like @Shane giving limlight aomething rare ingots related. *hint* lol

S

Shane

the thing about this Shane, is that without making it public knowledge from the get-go, it makes it seem like one group is recieving special treatment over everyone else for no specified reason. That in itself leads to people making assumptions about yours and the staffs decisions as a whole and cause people to lose trust in a "neutral" staff... Iv seen shards die over bad staff decisions, and there being a barrier preventing people from entering until this forums post was made goes along those lines..

Read the patch notes.

Unfortunately lately everyone makes assumptions no matter what we do. We can ust sit there and people some how stir up things. We have been obtaining players from every other server lately and it's been hectic.

We will do what we think is in the best interest of the server, as we always have, you don't have to agree with that but it's worked pretty well for us so far.

That barrier was us fixing the cellar, it wasn't a barrier, it was a bug and their own players couldn't get past it either.

The truth is posts like your making now, hurt the community, and cause assumptions more than that town hall being there, that is a fact.

We don't owe anyone explanations for every single little thing we do honestly. If anyone thinks we would do something that had potential harm to the server they are seriously mistaken.

Kael

Master
Perhaps the guard zone can be dropped from the actual city. Let them "guard" the city just like they rp "guard" Khaldun.

MANKRIK

Grandmaster
I don't think anyone really cares that some guild has a house in a city that no one ever goes to (or at least no one went there before they showed up). It's not hurting anyone in any way.

S

Shane

I don't think anyone really cares that some guild has a house in a city that no one ever goes to (or at least no one went there before they showed up). It's not hurting anyone in any way.

Yeah they can't place vendors, they can't use it to do any harm to the players, and they can't sell it or anything basically.
We watch over it pretty closely, i actually just told them to take the stools/bedrolls off the roof etc.

It's a strict setup, we only allow it if it's done properly and needs to somehow form into the rest of the city.

S

Shane

Perhaps the guard zone can be dropped from the actual city. Let them "guard" the city just like they rp "guard" Khaldun.

Interesting idea, maybe drop the guards for an hour a day, or 5 hours on a friday night. That would make things interesting, and at that time they have to defend it themselfs.

Like i said this is just dipping our toes in, a lot of good ideas can come out of this for all communities here. Would be nice to get an Evil base going in a town like bucs or something and trinsic was the "Good" hub.

We will see.

Maybe a weekly fee that is deposited into "guild chests" that requires Gm lock picking. And if over run they can be picked and rewards granted. For a limited time, and if not the "deposits" are re-distributed to the guild.

Radar Mile

Master
I see a lot of complaints about Khaldun. The average GPH you can make down there is much higher than other dungeons. As a trade-off, the dungeon is FFA. If you don't like it, farm somewhere else or bring a large enough group to contend. We've had some great fights down there and unfortunately a lot of the people we fight seem to take it personally. I guess that's UO, though. Haters gonna' hate.

As far as the town hall goes, it's open to the public. But if you come in talking shit and griefing us, don't complain when we ban you. That said, no one should be banning anyone without good reason. If you take issue with something like that let Skye, the GM, know. Also, the Town Hall itself is not guard zoned.

Kael

Master
Interesting idea, maybe drop the guards for an hour a day, or 5 hours on a friday night. That would make things interesting, and at that time they have to defend it themselfs.

Like i said this is just dipping our toes in, a lot of good ideas can come out of this for all communities here. Would be nice to get an Evil base going in a town like bucs or something and trinsic was the "Good" hub.

We will see.

Why not leave it up for the challenge of defending the guildhouse. Award points on a nightly basis for a ffa there. Maybe an extended on If they can hold it they they keep it for the week. If for instance another guild comes in and manages to take the city then they control that house. Give people a reason to log and in and defend something that they claim they own.

We will see.

Why not leave it up for the challenge of defending the guildhouse. Award points on a nightly basis for some kind of ffa there. Maybe an extended one on Fridays. If they can hold it they they keep it for the week. If for instance another guild comes in and manages to take the city then they control that house. Give people a reason to log and in and defend something that they claim they own and allow others to prove that Trincic really is a "free" city.

Kael

Master
I see a lot of complaints about Khaldun. The average GPH you can make down there is much higher than other dungeons. As a trade-off, the dungeon is FFA. If you don't like it, farm somewhere else or bring a large enough group to contend. We've had some great fights down there and unfortunately a lot of the people we fight seem to take it personally. I guess that's UO, though. Haters gonna' hate.

As far as the town hall goes, it's open to the public. But if you come in talking shit and griefing us, don't complain when we ban you. That said, no one should be banning anyone without good reason. If you take issue with something like that let Skye, the GM, know. Also, the Town Hall itself is not guard zoned.

If you can ban people does it really make a difference if not guard zoned?

S

Shane

Yeah if they are using it to fight out of i'm not sure how i feel about that honestly. Thats a thin line to walk.

May have to remove the ability to ban to ONLY Skye , we will see.

It just went up, we will see how it goes, i know for a fact and see it myself guilds are purposely going there to stir the pot which is okay but we have been watching.

The Trinsic Town Hall is a community building tool right here on the server. It will soon be the largest RP hub this server (and most others) have ever seen. All our welcome, friend and foe alike. Keep it reasonable though please.

The only thing happening here is adding some flair to an otherwise unused building in an otherwise unused town. Its refreshing to have GMs who appreciate variety to a game that is entirely built around creating your own version of fun.

For those who seem confused about The City of Trinsic and The Trinsic Guard, you can read about them in the latest editions of the Trinsic Gourd. Links in signature, or check out our forum.

Yeah if they are using it to fight out of i'm not sure how i feel about that honestly. Thats a thin line to walk.

All members have been instructed to not fight there. Remember, most Trinsicans are non-PvPers. I'd hate to see the Town Hall turn into another recall spot for ganking reds to find defenseless prey.

S

Shane

All members have been instructed to not fight there. Remember, most Trinsicans are non-PvPers. I'd hate to see the Town Hall turn into another recall spot for ganking reds to find defenseless prey.

Yeah that's a big no no. It's simply a central hub for people to meet up and get together, as a guild house should be used.
So as long as that happens it will only do positive things here.

Skye Wolfbane

Governor of Trinsic
We have a library there and a crafter area for people to use, the entire shard. The bank there is not protected. In fact, less so than normal banks. And anyone can use it, not just us. But if Shane feels that needs to go then that's fine.
People are PK'd in dungeons continously on this shard. And there's an issue with being attacked in an FFA area? We like a little rp with our pvp and yes, we have fun and RP with people asking for a fee. It's a game. We are not all paladins. We never claimed to be.
There has never been a barrier around the townhall. The only time anyone was banned was when they came with reds to attack our citizens. A guild, pushing us to ban just so they can complain.
May i point out TBH had a town building as a guild hall. Paws had a fence and a light house.
We plan on holding events for everyone to take part in.
The only benefit we have that others don't is really to have a big ol' place to decorate. Other than that, we have actually provided more use for the building, from the crafter area, the kitchen which is stocked for people to work cooking and our library for everyone to use. We hold meetings there that many guilds have attended and had fun.
I have been on this shard for 620 days, give or take. This guild has existed almost as long. We have people who pvp, people who don't. We play the game as it was intended and yes, that sometimes means a good fight. We help new players and we aren't on these forums complaining every two minutes and we respect the leadership even if we don't agree with something.
And to echo Jack, if you want to know more about us, not even to join, just to see what we're about, feel free to come talk to us.

MANKRIK

Grandmaster
Would be nice to get an Evil base going in a town like bucs or something and trinsic was the "Good" hub.

I'd love to see Bucs transformed into a FFA pirate nest like Tortuga. Perhaps something to aim for in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.