Trammel but not trammel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malkraven

Grandmaster
What vic says ^

pvm is dull atm and it does need attention that has nothing to do with over powered pokemons, a broken "all guard" or removing statloss outside dungeons

Belge

Grandmaster
Ya, I spent millions and many hours training a meta-pet.. not for PVP at all, for PVM. So, really nerf or not- its not gonna affect me very much. Ya, I liked the idea of having a badass dragon that could rock the odd red.. But, after working for two weeks of training xp on this pet (not to mention the time it took to get enough gold roughly 8m)... now its stage-5 and I can go farm regularly again, you quickly realize its just too boring and the rewards don't justify the means... and now its just nerf after nerf... Metas synch fireballs... Nerf. Metas run too fast... Nerf. Metas kill my pk red too fast.. Nerf.

go ahead and nerf all aspects of tamer PVP fine.. but make it interesting to bother killing a monster.. :) Thats kinda how I feel.

Adramelech

Master
Taming is a PvM thing, it was never intended for PvP.
You shouldn't benefit from any additional protection for any reason. Well actually you do, cause you have a dragon with you while a bard has what, a tamborine?
Please stop the crying now, you guys make millions in a matter of hours, can solo RDAs and whatnot, can recall JUST LIKE ANYONE ELSE if you smell danger, there is no valid reason to keep arguing about this.

Even since the late beta of UO people were using pets and dragons in PVP, it just wasn't as effective as other options. I am pretty sure no one knows what the developers at OSI intended with taming.

Furthermore I could care less about the changes to meta dragons, mostly because I strongly trust the direction of the development team on this server.

I think the valuable lesson we have learned here is that everyone on this server cries like babies, and there are definitely tears on both sides.

Karl Sagan

Grandmaster
Even since the late beta of UO people were using pets and dragons in PVP, it just wasn't as effective as other options. I am pretty sure no one knows what the developers at OSI intended with taming.

Furthermore I could care less about the changes to meta dragons, mostly because I strongly trust the direction of the development team on this server.

I think the valuable lesson we have learned here is that everyone on this server cries like babies, and there are definitely tears on both sides.

When everyone is crying, the devs have done their job correctly (truth).

Vic Rattlehead

Apprentice
Even since the late beta of UO people were using pets and dragons in PVP, it just wasn't as effective as other options. I am pretty sure you don't know what the developers at OSI intended with taming.

Fair enough.
Let's say it probably wasn't their first thought although I can't be sure.
Same goes for thieves, I don't remember what dev said that OSI originally intended to have them more as Indiana Jones type chars to steal rares and gold from monsters, something along those lines.

Adramelech

Master
When everyone is crying, the devs have done their job correctly (truth).

I think the problem is that changes have occurred in the past as a result of the whining. It's like giving a child a toy when it kicks as screams for one, it will just know in the future to pitch a fit to get what it wants.

Vic Rattlehead

Apprentice
I think the problem is that changes have occurred in the past as a result of the whining. It's like giving a child a toy when it kicks as screams for one, it will just know in the future to pitch a fit to get what it wants.

The amount of tears is rapidly turning into a river but that can also be seen as a developper team taking player inputs and demands into consideration and then making the appropriate changes for the benefit of the whole shard.
It's a shitty position where you can never make everybody happy when every change will ultimately affect someone negatively.
I would hate the job. Seriously, it must suck to work your ass off and always hear about the negative side of things as a result.

edited for typos.

Adramelech

Master
The amount of tears is rapidly turning into a river but that can also be seen as a developping team taking player inputs and demands into consideration and then making the appropriate changes for the benefit of the whole shard.
It's a shitty position where you can never make everybody happy when every change will ultimately affect someone negatively.
I would hate the job. Seriously, it must suck to work your ass off and always hear about the negative side of things as a result.

Definitely don't envy their position in the least, or rather anyone in a mass community tasked with maintaining balance. If anyone wants a balanced game an MMO isn't really the place to look. Chess maybe? or Rock, Paper, Scissors perhaps?

There are just too many variables in a game where there are multiple skill, build, and play options to ever achieve anything close to resembling real balance, so then you have to deal with the human element of that, and the flood of tears that follows.

exince

Grandmaster
A little bit offtopic but.. On osi, back in the day, there was times when you could run around with 3 or 4 dragons... Not sure if it had any limit at all because i had no tamer at that time...

Also.. I think tamed dragons would randomly autoattack reds, making a red tamer impossible to play..

But that was before petbonding and recalling with pets was possible (you needed to gate them)

Belge

Grandmaster
I liked the idea of promoting field pvp.. seems like 90% of pvp is reds in dungeons pking bards... because they are bored or just suck. If there was a uoforever style pvp-zone with no stat loss at brit farms, where groups of reds and blues could congregate, and centralize the pvp more, I for one would be pvping allday..

Lets get a real pvp zone.

Adramelech

Master
A little bit offtopic but.. On osi, back in the day, there was times when you could run around with 3 or 4 dragons... Not sure if it had any limit at all because i had no tamer at that time...

Also.. I think tamed dragons would randomly autoattack reds, making a red tamer impossible to play..

But that was before petbonding and recalling with pets was possible (you needed to gate them)

Well white wyrms would mass curse, and if you were red it would hit you too and then would cause aggression and would usually break tame.

And yeah, you could actually have as many dragons as you want, and trade them to people as you saw fit. I was my guilds tamer and archer for all of our big pvp battles, and managing anything more than 3 dragons was very hectic, you had to feed them constantly pretty much after every command, or they would break tame.

And you also had to command them each individually, like to attack players etc. Most people would rarely train pets because there was no way to keep track of it as lore only vaguely told how much your pets favored you (that's it), and they died so often. I loved it. It rewarded you if you could deal with the stress. A true "tamer".

Unfortunately it later turned into a very relaxed pvm style. Oh well.

Malkraven

Grandmaster
It's true tamer on OSI did have tons of dragons for a some time but you know what it got nerfed into the ground you know why? cos it was silly op and gave people with no skills a advantage in pvp and now it is gonna happen to your 140 magery Pokemon and with a bit of luck the broken all guard command aswell.

pvp tamer do fine with 100 magery pets with a little bit of thought ( see bruno and christina) bruno fight's with young dragons and does fine. christina has pvped on a tamer for months (sometime 2 at same time from what hear) and has no need for a pet with 140 magery. Metas are for pvm live with it.

If you wana pvp with a tamer use a pvp template you cant do it all with 1 type of char

Belge

Grandmaster
This is the rants thread right...? ok, good. :)
I take my tamer out today for 10 minutes.. and see 3 different red pks, in different locations... Tab to my bank sitter.. see a red KAZ running back and forth for 10 minutes at brit bank trying to PVP with anyone... and I guess he logs because he cant find ANYONE to fight. Thats crazy to me, Pks running through a dungeon looking for a semi easy grief on a pvmer is WAY more then norm; Than a real red KAZ actively looking for PVP at the main bank of the shard, unable to find a fight. Theres a serious lack of real pvp here, but too much pking/griefers..

PS ive NEVER seen jenny jugs or wendy woppers fight ever outside a dungeon, or fight anyone but my bard. Unlike, KAZ who ive never seen killing a bard, and pretty much only pvping outside dungeons... theres a difference

Malkraven

Grandmaster
I take my tamer out today for 10 minutes.. and see 3 different red pks, in different locations... Tab to my bank sitter.. see a red KAZ running back and forth for 10 minutes at brit bank trying to PVP with anyone... and I guess he logs because he cant find ANYONE to fight. Thats crazy to me, Pks running through a dungeon looking for a semi easy grief on a pvmer is WAY more then norm; Than a real red KAZ actively looking for PVP at the main bank of the shard, unable to find a fight. Theres a serious lack of real pvp here, but too much pking/griefers..

PS ive NEVER seen jenny jugs or wendy woppers fight ever outside a dungeon, or fight anyone but my bard. Unlike, KAZ who ive never seen killing a bard, and pretty much only pvping outside dungeons... theres a difference

There is a diff yea but both are a part of what make UO great and if you ask Kaz why there is no pvp around he will most likely say that most real pvper see this shard as a trammy shard. we have OP tamer with no skills people insta statting as the norm, spell damage is odd, low purple pot damage, no wands, no pot kicking, no mount stam loss.

Saying that i can see why shane choose not to pamper to the "real pvpers" they come and go alot, dont donate as much as pvmers, and cry alot more when they dont get exactly what they want.

Also with stat loss how it is atm why would solo reds risk 48 hr stat loss when they dont have to they just run 3-6 deep and get free kills with no risk. if u want more pvp and less pking then you need to address the reasons that so many pvpers have left

Karl Sagan

Grandmaster

Wendy, jenny and POWER used to raid idocs often against very uneven numbers.

There are definitely reds who only run in a gank squad because they suck (like me), but power isn't that.

I'm starting to get really mad that there is still overland stat. It's such an easy change that would allow for some actual fucking pvp.

Belge

Grandmaster
Ya, ill admit it, power is good; and Jenny and wendy are good. But, I only ever encounter them when they are essentially pk griefing... I would love to have real pvp battles with them, but I don't dungeon crawl unless farming..

I would love to see non-stat overland.. and more brit farms group action.. whenever I see action at brit farm, i generally stop what I'm doing and join in.. We need to encourage red pvps to congregate and freely engage in PVP, without the worry of 6 blues gang banging them and insta-stat.

Opentun

Adept
I die by this = Nerf it
We died to this OP skill = Nerf it
Why did you implement this new weapon it hits too hard= Nerf it

Why dont some of you people actually do some homework and prove your cases. UO is a game that's been around for a long time and most of the playerbase is older and has a more knowledgeable mmo background. Yet people still want results NOW without knowing any hard statistical data that they have tested. I have never bickered about anything here and when I do I will have logged data like I have done with every other game.

Status
Not open for further replies.