Trammel but not trammel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poptart

Master
I say bring on the statloss, weed out all the excess fat. So many horrible reds on this server running around.

Perma stat will help get rid of them and then you'll see the skill of true reds.

Jani

Grandmaster
I say bring on the statloss, weed out all the excess fat. So many horrible reds on this server running around.

Perma stat will help get rid of them and then you'll see the skill of true reds.
What are the true reds? I know just true britannians. Please explain. ;)

Talinos

Neophyte
The small group of you "elite" PKs on here are so fucking toxic it's almost unbearable. IRC and forum discussion is a cesspool with the same few people spouting garbage.

Every day there's a new thread from one of you mouthbreathers talking shit about all of the "Trammies". I get pk'd today, get called a kind person and told "this isn't Trammel" by some shit tier potion throwing dexxer vs a character with zero wrestling. I watch him do the same to some poor random newbie shortly after.

I've played this game for nearly two decades, spent countless hours PKing, dueling, factioning, etc. I was 12 years old when I started playing and behaved just like most of you, but at least I could blame my behavior on adolescence. I know most of you are trying to over compensate for something else, but jesus christ, the way some of you act as grown adults is seriously concerning. It's funny to watch you band together and shit talk and harass, playing off each others moronic bullshit. I feel like I'm back in high school listening to the dumb kids brag about how cool they are with shit grades.

We all get it. You think you're the best pvper to ever touch this game (you aren't and never will be), you get satisfaction out of pissing other people off, and you think anyone who has something to say about your ******** attitude is beneath you. I'm sorry to say that people like you have been around since the beginning of this game. You aren't a special snowflake and you aren't original.

I think if anything, for the betterment of the shard, there needs to be more incentives for non-PK pvp and more incentive to kill reds.

Poptart

Master
What are the true reds? I know just true britannians. Please explain. ;)
The ones that aren't whining for more penalty. Yea we are reds and we kill. The consequences should be harsh just like they were in prime time osi.

Jani

Grandmaster
The ones that aren't whining for more penalty. Yea we are reds and we kill. The consequences should be harsh just like they were in prime time osi.
Ok. I disagree about penalties though. If I die on my red, I can't play that char for 3 days. If my blue char dies, I'm out for 2 minutes? Everyone dies eventually and this game and its players has changed from prime time osi days. Please don't use everyone has 9 reds as an argument, because it isn't true either.

From what I have seen, UO would be really boring without reds. You don't want just farm alone all days alone, do you? Reds are good for the shard. Back in days leaving guard zone was always scary, which was really exciting, at least for me. As several ppl has already said PVP on this shard is pretty much reds vs. blues / Anti-pk vs. Pk -style fighting. In my opinion there should be stat loss free zones.

Poptart

Master
Ok. I disagree about penalties though. If I die on my red, I can't play that char for 3 days. If my blue char dies, I'm out for 2 minutes? Everyone dies eventually and this game and its players has changed from prime time osi days. Please don't use everyone has 9 reds as an argument, because it isn't true either.

From what I have seen, UO would be really boring without reds. You don't want just farm alone all days alone, do you? Reds are good for the shard. Back in days leaving guard zone was always scary, which was really exciting, at least for me. As several ppl has already said PVP on this shard is pretty much reds vs. blues / Anti-pk vs. Pk -style fighting. In my opinion there should be stat loss free zones.
If you're scared, go to church.

besttherewas

Grandmaster

Yea the horrible reds are the newbs that when faced with a 1v1 they run into balron spawns and hide.

whoops, my bad, didn't realise I was speaking to hybrids worst pop'hide'.

S

Shane

There is a lot of mixed feelings on reds for sure and how statloss should or should not be handled.

In the end we will ensure that it is balanced and what will be in the best interest of Ultima Online Forever now, and in the future. Those are the changes we will make ultimately.

A fact is, since we implemented the way PKing and statloss is handled we have on AVERAGE 10%-15% red players online at any given time. I think this is a very healthy amount honestly. Sure we have lost some players due to PKing but it hasn't been out of hand at all. There has been many LARGE pure pking groups, and still a lot of blues flooding the dungeons.

How Pk statloss is now seems to be pretty effective based off that number, and that number (percentage) is based off of the last year or so, always hanging in that 10-15% area.

It's something we've always watched and kept a close eye on.
Pk's also tend to be a very elitist type, vocal minority (as 10-15% you can see as proof).

I've seen many, many servers fail because of the catering too much in the PK end, and i almost made this mistake once when we first launched.

We will make some minor changes, but mostly PK STAT will stay as-is.

Status
Not open for further replies.