Tough guys killing newbies

Acheron/Gnarlug

Apprentice
Ive played uof for a few months and haven't seen any fuzzy rainbow stomach bears yet so I don't understand all the carebear talk.......was it some kind of donation item I missed???

Darken

Master
Expect to get killed at any moments notice. Reds here love nothing more than the feeling of life accomplishment while killing an AFK macroer. It seems to make them feel big, bad and the most powerful pixels around.

Best word of advice; macro your skills up and learn how to defend yourself. I can bet half of them only run around to target macroers/miners/defenseless players for the sole reason that they don't have any real skills.

If they aren't in a group ganking lone bards etc, this is usually what they do.
It's okay though, because that's a big part of what made UO what it still is today.

I still want to see an anti-pk guild roaming dungeons just for the reason of defending 'blues'.

Lastly, get good at navigating forests, around trees and especially in jungles. I can guarantee you more than 80% of the reds here mod the art files to have stumps in place of forest growth, and mod-out brambles and small bushes etc. This makes it easier to run and target players. It's a handicap many won't admit to, it's also something that makes them feel better even though altering game mechanics is not skill.

Best of luck to you, don't let the few around ruin your experience.
In truth, it's part of the experience.

(I bet most who talk shit about WoW still played and maxed out characters over and over. haha.)

Learn something new to fight back with, or at least to stay alive.

Regards.

Last edited by a moderator:

Metalhead-

Master
Expect to get killed at any moments notice. Reds here love nothing more than the feeling of life accomplishment while killing an AFK macroer. It seems to make them feel big, bad and the most powerful pixels around.

Best word of advice; macro your skills up and learn how to defend yourself. I can bet half of them only run around to target macroers/miners/defenseless players for the sole reason that they don't have any real skills.

It's okay though, because that's a big part of what made UO what it still is today.

I still want to see an anti-pk guild roaming dungeons just for the reason of defending 'blues'.

Lastly, get good at navigating forests, around trees and especially in jungles. I can guarantee you more than 80% of the reds here mod the art files to have stumps in place of forest growth, and mod-out brambles and small bushes etc. This makes it easier to run and target players. It's a handicap many won't admit to, it's also something that makes them feel better even though altering game mechanics is not skill.

(I bet most who talk shit about WoW still played and maxed out characters over and over. haha.)

Regards.

Can anyone summarize this novel of tears for me?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Darken

Master
..Good one.

Personally, I like to mix it up.

On past servers/shards as a player I've done a lot of RP, a lot of PVP, and many times I've incorporated both.
I've also done a lot of staffing work.

I love everything about UO, for without any of it, it wouldn't be UO.

So my question is, since when is giving advice to a concerned new player in the forums considered a "novel of tears"?
Is that not what a sense of community is? To give advice and/or help one another out?

I sure as hell know this forum isn't revolving around you or your ideas as you probably think it does..

Face it, many people have returned after long breaks and don't recall many of the game mechanics/motives of other players and are looking for that sense of community that UO was built upon. So, give it a break man, no one cares about you or your constant trolling. I'd say maybe you should go outside today and breathe some fresh air. :)

I'm probably going to ignore you, mainly because I have seen most the threads you post in and all it really amounts to is the likes of an uneducated, bored and trolling twelve year old... which is too bad because we both know your not twelve. : /

Regards.

Darken

Master
I will add that this server is very well done in a lot of ways, although I am sad to say it's one of the poorest UO communities (as a whole) that I've been a part of. (In regards to players/economy)
I played here when it started, only to just now come back about eh, not even a month ago.

For many, it doesn't bring back the nostalgia, typically because everyone spends their time worrying about themselves or "trolling" on the forum all day long. There is no respect for others at all, even between player types. In the past, you would still typically see reds/pks/whatever you call them giving advice to people on the forums, not just bashing them because they are new and helpless.

The initial responses the OP got after starting this thread is bewildering, and actually proves the point I'm trying to make.

It doesn't stop there either. The economy community here is becoming poorer and poorer as well.
Donation rewards are way over done and still they add to it. People post in forums until staff manipulate drop rates because they think they deserve the drop since they put in so much time. (Goes for BODs as well) What's the point of rarities being rare?

Anyways, I'm getting off topic but, hopefully everyone can come together and stop acting like a bunch of teenagers all the time because that's what will really make this server come alive and actually last.

Regards.

Last edited by a moderator:

Metalhead-

Master
Not reading any of that because I've already had a few beers and this Rasberry Pi is kicking my ass. Also novel of tears.

Darken

Master
Not reading any of that because I've already had a few beers and this Rasberry Pi is kicking my ass. Also novel of tears.

Enjoy that beer! :)

Raspberry anything is good... though I've been enjoying Raspberry Kush of late.

Regards.

Metalhead-

Master
Enjoy that beer! :)

Raspberry anything is good... though I've been enjoying Raspberry Kush of late.

Regards.

The pi is actually a micro computer that runs off Linux. I'm trying to convert it into a Super Nintendo to play the roms I have. It's pretty straight forward but the host server for the OS I need is super slow and I had to switch back and forth with mouse and key board between my PC and the Pi.

Darken

Master
The pi is actually a micro computer that runs off Linux. I'm trying to convert it into a Super Nintendo to play the roms I have. It's pretty straight forward but the host server for the OS I need is super slow and I had to switch back and forth with mouse and key board between my PC and the Pi.

Earthbound man!

God.RG

Grandmaster

Regards.
Or just don't macro afk, carry pots/boxes, hunt in groups of atleast 2 and have a recall macro.

It's pretty simple.

Dellan

Grandmaster
Reminds me... I had a combat mule once :) 5x swords dex + lumberjack + mining.. Shoulda seen the face of that miner killer, I started running around yelling "NOOO! NOOOOOOOOO!", then jumped on mount and nearly killed him with power axe. Guy managed to outrun me, too bad eh, but the memories, haha..

Soul Mate

Grandmaster
why? Cause you have superpowers and slay ppl with a shovel? Cause that'd be amazing :D else, I see you crying just as much, just in the other direction. Move along.

LOL Daaammnn told.hahaahah I have tears in my lashes ...oh gurl lol

Kraden

Grandmaster
Its part of UO. Dont worry bout the new players. If they dont like dying then this game isnt for them. Plain and simple. Osi thought it was an issue too. Remember what happened to them. O yeah trammel, blessed everything with insurance on it and a bag of sending to bank it if you were unsure of the other methods lol. Just saying why is there an issue because alot of people are angry that they die? Ya win some ya loose more. O well move on. Get revenge or move the F on lol.

Dellan

Grandmaster
And don't you dare to say name of that game with arrow to the knee while playing, you'll be feeling like god of UO himself crapped on you. Seriously, the one whos name must not be said, aka Voldemort would strike you with lesser hate. So, VOLDEMORT! VOLDEMORT! :D

Thing is many pk's here have no style. Pk's with a little RP are fun and exciting. Meaningless killing is just boring as hell.

Gesendet von meinem Nokia 6610 mit Tapatalk

Kalos

Apprentice
Thing is many pk's here have no style. Pk's with a little RP are fun and exciting. Meaningless killing is just boring as hell.

Gesendet von meinem Nokia 6610 mit Tapatalk
says you. The very first thing I did when I logged into UO 15+ years ago at launch... was go red. Then I had to delete/create a new character once I saw I needed to build up some wealth for a house first :)

Sindaen

Novice
says you. The very first thing I did when I logged into UO 15+ years ago at launch... was go red. Then I had to delete/create a new character once I saw I needed to build up some wealth for a house first :)

Working off kills was a fun experience back then eh