Tough guys killing newbies

drinn

Grandmaster
You say that like we're all reds in cahoots with each other, united against the newbies to grief them. PK's get killed just as much as anyone, and when they do they get statted. The reason we're against guardzoning everything in sight is because the point of UO is that you can do almost anything, and you're not restricted like in every other MMO. You make whatever kind of character you want then go out into the world and do anything, instead of picking a class then following a linear path to max level where you have to farm gear for months before you even have a chance.

TL;DR: Embrace the challenge. If you don't want to be killed then learn to defend yourself or recall away. Learning to overcome adversity is what makes the game fun, not how many pixels you can mine.

I embrace the challenge. Its good. But really.. challenging Gradmasters as newbie? Impossible. Maybe in the future.

The issue here is not really Reds killing ppl, I like their mentality. They usually act gently towards newbies by not killing them. Why to even bother.. And if they kill you, they usually resurrect you too and sometimes even give items back. Although now I was killed several times by Reds as they were bored (resurrected after). At newbie spot trying to train my alt.

The real issue is just Blues killing newbies. They have balls to confront newbies, inferfere with them etc. They don't have balls to confront Reds as they recall away right, when they see a Red one. That's the mentality I pity and wish to be changed at this shard. Probably will ever happen as these posts provoke them to do that more. Sadly.

EDIT: By the way, Grandmasters should get a proper challenge than killing newbies.

Last edited by a moderator:

greebo

Apprentice
There are reasons the entire mmo world is now carebear.

Even Lord British sounds to be quite heavily carebear - I dont think he ever realized how much freedom would turn people into such asshats.

People just dont like bullies and griefers, thus trammel is unfortunately the wave of the future.

drinn

Grandmaster
UOF mentalities:

1) Finding IDOC

OOH, I FOUND A FUCKING IDOC WITH LOTS OF RARES AND STUFF!!! I WILL SHARE THIS WITH EVERYONE SO THAT EVERYONE GETS A CHANGE TO GET MY ETHY AND DECO CANNON AND OTHER RARES!! SHARING IS CARING AND TELLS ABOUT MY PERSONAL WEALTH!! AND I DONT CARE ABOUT PIXELS, I'VE GOT MONEYZ ANYWAYS AND MONEY MEETS MONEY!!!

2) Killing newbies

I'M FUCKING BORED, I DONT HAVE A JOB, I'M 52 AND A PROFESSOR LIVING IN WASHINGTON D.C.!!! EARNING $10,000 PER MONTH!!!!! LET'S FUCKING GO TO DECEIT TO KILL SOME NEWBIES OR MINOC CAVE!!!! HAHAHAHAHA LOLOLOLL!!! ALSO I DONT CARE ABOUT PIXELS OR MONEY!!!

3) Money is everything

I'M RICH BITCHES!!!! MONEY OVER EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LETS SPEND $500 FOR A COUPLE OF ETHYS AND OTHER COOL STUFF LIKE SOME MASKS!!!! GETTING MONEY HERE IS SO EASY!!!!

trollface.png

Karl Sagan

Grandmaster
UOF mentalities:

1) Finding IDOC

OOH, I FOUND A FUCKING IDOC WITH LOTS OF RARES AND STUFF!!! I WILL SHARE THIS WITH EVERYONE SO THAT EVERYONE GETS A CHANGE TO GET MY ETHY AND DECO CANNON AND OTHER RARES!! SHARING IS CARING AND TELLS ABOUT MY PERSONAL WEALTH!! AND I DONT CARE ABOUT PIXELS, I'VE GOT MONEYZ ANYWAYS AND MONEY MEETS MONEY!!!

2) Killing newbies

I'M FUCKING BORED, I DONT HAVE A JOB, I'M 52 AND A PROFESSOR LIVING IN WASHINGTON D.C.!!! EARNING $10,000 PER MONTH!!!!! LET'S FUCKING GO TO DECEIT TO KILL SOME NEWBIES OR MINOC CAVE!!!! HAHAHAHAHA LOLOLOLL!!! ALSO I DONT CARE ABOUT PIXELS OR MONEY!!!

3) Money is everything

I'M RICH BITCHES!!!! MONEY OVER EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LETS SPEND $500 FOR A COUPLE OF ETHYS AND OTHER COOL STUFF LIKE SOME MASKS!!!! GETTING MONEY HERE IS SO EASY!!!!

trollface.png

Thinkin you miiiiiiiight wanna take a break man

Maaaaaaaaaaaaan

limlight

Grandmaster
With attitudes like that and people wonder why players wanted something like Trammel.

No sir. I role play a miner killer. I run around yelling
iiiiinnnnngoooots

Im not doing it right if i dont stick to thats chars role play.

Your ingots or your life.

Lol @ some people. Since when did crafting in a dungeon become ...dont touch those guys..they are crafting.
If you dont want to die...mine from a safe zone...craft in town...and sure as sam..if you afk macro with 2k of each reg in a spot you think is hidden its your own fault.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

drinn

Grandmaster
Thinkin you miiiiiiiight wanna take a break man

Maaaaaaaaaaaaan

No, I'm here to make justice and trying to make this shard better, but looks like its worthless.

I ALSO WONDER WHY EVERYONE HAVE TO YELL OUT THEY ARE A FUCKING PROFESSOR IN SOME FUCKING D.C.!!!! LIKE I WOULD FUCKING CARE!!!!! JUST LIKE THEY DONT CARE ABOUT PIXELS AND OTHER STUFF!!!

No sir. I role play a miner killer. I run around yelling
iiiiinnnnngoooots

Im not doing it right if i dont stick to thats chars role play.

Your ingots or your life.

Lol @ some people. Since when did crafting in a dungeon become ...dont touch those guys..they are crafting.
If you dont want to die...mine from a safe zone...craft in town...and sure as sam..if you afk macro with 2k of each reg in a spot you think is hidden its your own fault.

As I expected, you completely missed the point.

I would explain it, but it's really not worth the effort, as I'm fairly sure no one in the history of the world has had their opinion changed by what someone wrote on a message board.

Nurayia

Expert
If you want to mine pixels all day with no challenge you may as well just play singleplayer Minecraft.
I am yet to see a miner char that is a viable PvP char at the same time... so whats the challenge in killing miners? ;)

if you want a challenge, go kill something that can defend itself. Not that I saw *you* wanting a challenge... not complaining either - I haven't been killed on my miner, yet.

Kool Keith

Neophyte
I love how the reds here tell people to stop being "care bear " or trammie when 99 percent of them would cry a river if perma stat was introduced. You ask me this shard is care bear for the griefers. Sack up dudes. It's not like it's hard to retrain your stats back up. Probably be done sooner then 48 hours.

illusion

Master
I love how the reds here tell people to stop being "care bear " or trammie when 99 percent of them would cry a river if perma stat was introduced. You ask me this shard is care bear for the griefers. Sack up dudes. It's not like it's hard to retrain your stats back up. Probably be done sooner then 48 hours.

This guy gets it.

besttherewas

Grandmaster

No, this guy doesnt get it.

It is easy to die. Reds even kill other reds upon sight, they dont group. So they're faced with the same perils as blues + blue pvpers + random blue gankers, then on top of that they get 48 hour statloss for being ganked. Yea... reds have it easy lol

I thought i'd give an update:

I've just completed my miner slaying quest, well he was blacksmithing - but we won't get into details.

34o38ns.jpg

As you can see i smoked this peasant, then he took it upon himself to take revenge on his murderer*, well as you can see that also did not end too well for this poor fellow.

*no statloss was incurred, i sent a 1gd bounty, which i saw no response before i logged onto another character to kill the shard at tera keep spawn. I will bin the head with good faith if still in my pack - the same can't be said about my head "hosed your chick" which i was instant statlossed by a pack of blue faggots at the champ spawn (after giving them a severe raping).

wendy whoppers

Grandmaster

The shard would be care bear if this happened because 95% of all pvp is reds vs ***** blues.

Ps: slayed some miners, anyone wanna buy some ingots?

Mathias

Adept
UO in its purest form is a harsh mistress, and I would not want it any other way. So very few places offer freedom like we have here, and so MANY places offer safety but sacrifice freedom. UO like we have here, quite frankly a lot of modern gamers simply could not deal with, and even some who used to play have now been pussified if you will.

My point being, if you want safety and no freedom, your options are endless while our options are very few. Don't piss in someone elses swimming pool because you don't like their water.

limlight

Grandmaster
7 more miners down last night. Thank you for the orcish pickaxes and 7k iron and around 2k colored.

Ingots over everything.
Yiur welcome to the gank squad of 8 orcs who took my head 20 mins later. Haha

Nurayia

Expert
why? Cause you have superpowers and slay ppl with a shovel? Cause that'd be amazing :D else, I see you crying just as much, just in the other direction. Move along.