Tone down Energy Vortexes (EVS)

lollo

Grandmaster
Or do you want some poor ass bard to just stand there and hand you their hard earned PS/artifact?

wreckognize

Grandmaster
Rationally they do not need a change. Dexie's being unable to dispel them is pretty untrue. Most dexies have magery, it's not like you need eval to dispel. They will only attack blues if you are red, and vice versa, which keeps them pretty regulated for use. They are easy to dispel, like 95% chance of success i would say. For much less mana cost. With a dispel scroll, you only need like 30 magery to dispel them.......

Can OP provide a few examples of exact scenarios where EV are causing any real balance issue?? please.

Don Key

Master
Rationally they do not need a change. Dexie's being unable to dispel them is pretty untrue. Most dexies have magery, it's not like you need eval to dispel. They will only attack blues if you are red, and vice versa, which keeps them pretty regulated for use. They are easy to dispel, like 95% chance of success i would say. For much less mana cost. With a dispel scroll, you only need like 30 magery to dispel them.......

Can OP provide a few examples of exact scenarios where EV are causing any real balance issue?? please.

The only time they are OP is if you are on foot. Don't be on foot against an EV.

Chop

Journeyman
EV's are fine... They don't run at mounted speed lol. I have never had a problem outrunning them. In my time on this server I think I have only died twice to an EV and both times were do to my own fuck ups. They offer a bit of a challenge to get away from and that's how it should be. Risk and challenge is what makes UO UO! EV's are supposed to be powerful and that fear of being killed by one just adds to the fun!

Shake

Master
EV's are fine... They don't run at mounted speed lol. I have never had a problem outrunning them. In my time on this server I think I have only died twice to an EV and both times were do to my own fuck ups. They offer a bit of a challenge to get away from and that's how it should be. Risk and challenge is what makes UO UO! EV's are supposed to be powerful and that fear of being killed by one just adds to the fun!
They certainly do run mount speed. Nobody cares about just outrunning them, we care about the fact people can just spam EV's on you and you have no choice but to run offscreen to dispel because the speed. By the time you've dispelled it, another is chasing you. You can't fight while an EV is on you or you'll just get chunked down. Their speed should be reduced when pursuing a player, but not against monsters.

agauo

Master

Where exactly is the risk/challenge in casting an energy vortex over and over? Is it honestly fun to you having to run 5-6 screens just in order to dispel one then have another waiting for you? It's not about dying to EVs - hardly ever are they a factor in whether or not someone dies. They do however discourage PvP and just make things annoying. What good reason can anyone come up with that EVs run at close to mounted speed, poison on hit, and attack crazy fast. All I am asking is that they be slowed down. Any other shard you go to they do not do any of these things. I'm not suggesting that this shard mirror any others, but in their current state EV's are laughable. I honestly cracked up laughing when I first switched over here and saw an EV chasing someone.

wreckognize

Grandmaster
@agauo @Shake they don't run at mount speed, they can be easily outran on a mount. They're closer to like 80% mount speed tbh.

If you're trying to make a valid argument, stick to facts.

Aga says: ''By the time you've dispelled it, another is chasing you.''

So dispel both and you'll still have 60+ mana afterwards while your opponent has no mana and is running away for dear life.I see no issues with balance here.

EV's should not attack anyone, that just makes EV 'red only' because then blues can't use them then. How do multiple users here think that's balanced?? Makes no sense to me.

If you're really worried about EV's, just bring dispel scrolls. With dispel scrolls at GM magery, it's like having 140 or so magery, I highly doubt that with dispel scrolls a gm mage will have anything less than 100% dispel success rate.

For the sake of peace in the suggestion forum, please use facts only when debating.

poogoblin

Master
Where exactly is the risk/challenge in casting an energy vortex over and over? Is it honestly fun to you having to run 5-6 screens just in order to dispel one then have another waiting for you? It's not about dying to EVs - hardly ever are they a factor in whether or not someone dies. They do however discourage PvP and just make things annoying. What good reason can anyone come up with that EVs run at close to mounted speed, poison on hit, and attack crazy fast. All I am asking is that they be slowed down. Any other shard you go to they do not do any of these things. I'm not suggesting that this shard mirror any others, but in their current state EV's are laughable. I honestly cracked up laughing when I first switched over here and saw an EV chasing someone.

How on gods green earth do you cast a 50 mana spell that fizzles like 60% of the time "over and over"?

girana

Grandmaster

cry more lol

agauo

Master
It seems as if some of you are EV users and are getting upset at the notion of change. Sorry when I said that they run at "close to mounted speed" and not 80% mounted speed. I have yet to hear anyone justify EVs in their current state. The most that people come up with is that they are hard to cast (scrolls) or that dispel is easy (which it is IF you run 4 screens away and are able to get far enough away to cast it) or that it costs a lot more mana to dispel (by the time someone runs away to dispel you have enough time to med the lost mana). There is absolutely no reason that energy vortexes should run at the speed they do now. That is all I am asking to be changed. Half the speed they currently run at would be more than adequate. It's not going to ruin your PVM experience by this change. The only thing it will do is encourage more PVP and less running 5 screens away to dispel.

I honestly don't even know why I try making suggestions when the only people to respond are trolls, trammies, or bad players. Not one of you for EVs in their current state is even halfway decent and I know this, you know this, everyone knows this. Don't comment on suggestions related to PVP when you don't have a clue wtf you are talking about. Stick to suggestions about what color clothing needs to be added to make you look prettier while sitting at the bank.

lost

Grandmaster
EVS ARE INSANE! Have u ever tried to outrun one on a boat? Ask duckface! EVs are cheating!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wreckognize

Grandmaster
can this be looked at please? what real reason is there that EVs run at mounted speed?
It seems as if some of you are EV users and are getting upset at the notion of change. Sorry when I said that they run at "close to mounted speed" and not 80% mounted speed.

seems you are the one with the hidden agenda. You asked for rational and I gave you rational.

And then you flexed and said you can beat me in a fight.

Dem debating skills doe

wreckognize

Grandmaster
There is absolutely no reason that energy vortexes should run at the speed they do now.

Reason 1: because they have always moved at that speed, it's been the default since UO came out.

Reason 2: because you can easily offscreen them and dispel them, and if you can't handle that then you at least can dedicate a team mate to using mass dispel scrolls.

Bromista

Grandmaster
EV's really are pretty stupid, can't argue with that. Just because something is the way it has always been doesn't mean thats the way it always has to be.

Of course Little Haney here is in support of EVs staying unchanged, 90% of his PvP is throwing them from his house.

wreckognize

Grandmaster
so your argument is that ev's are stupid.

wanna know what my counter argument is?? ;)

thanks for weighing in on this and other subjects once again tho.