This Kinda Chaps My Bum...

Hexoplex

Grandmaster
No way in hell do I believe this is a new player on the server. This person has absolutely 0 chance of losing their full Invulnerable armor set, let alone what ever weapon they use. Glorious Lord at that.

hO6QL9W.jpg

b3lfM3T.jpg

qmrrzMH.jpg

Salsa

Grandmaster
Report to staff, they will remove the young player status of people who are farming on young characters with jacked gear.

(that being said, this guy was just hanging out at web, so hard to say if he was just given this armour or what)

Hexoplex

Grandmaster
Report to staff, they will remove the young player status of people who are farming on young characters with jacked gear.

(that being said, this guy was just hanging out at web, so hard to say if he was just given this armour or what)
He is working on his healing skill, I'm the dead guy in the picture. To get to Glorious Lord takes some serious farming of high level monsters. Not something a "newb" should be able to do, IMO.

K A Z

Grandmaster
lame as fuck.. I always feel bad PKing people knowing that others simply abuse the whacky young system.

Hexoplex

Grandmaster
lame as fuck.. I always feel bad PKing people knowing that others simply abuse the whacky young system.
That's something I didn't even think about, they are un-PKable and un-lootable. Can walk into any champ and come out as a champ, total BS.
@Shane ! Ruling on things like this?

bane

Master
He is working on his healing skill, I'm the dead guy in the picture. To get to Glorious Lord takes some serious farming of high level monsters. Not something a "newb" should be able to do, IMO.
Umm you can get glorious lord from enough daemons and ogre lords. Also you can leave the newby dungeon 5x GM with 30k in the bank as a dexxer.

Full suit of invulnerability with heater is 7k and super slayer Katana 4-10k depending. Totally doable. Just because they are new to server doesn't mean they are new to UO.

I say as long as they aren't farming MOTM, IDOCs, Champs, or RDAs then I don't see the big deal.

Staff should try and code something though to catch a pattern of Youngs that quit after status expires while transferring items to another account.

Hexoplex

Grandmaster
Umm you can get glorious lord from enough daemons and ogre lords. Also you can leave the newby dungeon 5x GM with 30k in the bank as a dexxer.

Full suit of invulnerability with heater is 7k and super slayer Katana 4-10k depending. Totally doable. Just because they are new to server doesn't mean they are new to UO.
Fair enough

I say as long as they aren't farming MOTM, IDOCs, Champs, or RDAs then I don't see the big deal.
If they're off killing deamons and ogre lords, they are also possibly (probably) doing MOTM, IDOCs, Champs, and RDAs as well. If they got to 5x in the dungeon, they are now 6x, they just GMed healing off of my guy (paper doll says so).

I blanked out the name in case they are truly new and wasn't calling them out specifically. I saw things like this on the first days of the new event, though that person was on an expensive ethy mount and gear along the same lines.

I honestly came here because I thought the title of the thread was funny.
This doesn't surprise me at all

bane

Master
If they're off killing deamons and ogre lords, they are also possibly (probably) doing MOTM, IDOCs, Champs, and RDAs as well. If they got to 5x in the dungeon, they are now 6x, they just GMed healing off of my guy (paper doll says so

If you see a young doing that report them. I know that young status will removed (after a warning) for even using them to time an IDOC. If they keep doing it after a warning they will most likely lose young status.

Beyond that there really isn't much staff can do. Allowing people to get a little nest egg (30-100k) while safe keeps them here since it takes the sting out of getting pked after they lose young status. It would hurt us more to get rid of it all together.

Hexoplex

Grandmaster
getting pked after they lose young status
If they lose it. Maybe they will never do an IDOC, champ etc., but being able to forever farm Shame/Despise without fear, is kinda BS, IMO. Reading the wiki, they cannot get poisoned either, one less thing to worry about.

It would hurt us more to get rid of it all together.
Correct, I am not suggesting this, but an actual timer on the [young] wouldn't hurt. 3-4 days (72-96 hours) of playtime. Think on OSI it was 7 days, that wouldn't be bad either.

bane

Master
Correct, I am not suggesting this, but an actual timer on the [young] wouldn't hurt. 3-4 days (72-96 hours) of playtime. Think on OSI it was 7 days, that wouldn't be bad either.
Are you sure there isn't a playtime counter in effect? never tested it but I doubt it is endless. Also I left the newbie dungeon at 5x but I camped out in there after losing young status until I GMed parry so I cheated a little bit.

@eppy

Hexoplex

Grandmaster
Are you sure there isn't a playtime counter in effect?
I am not. I know I had several days under my belt with my main before I wanted to buy a house and ended up buying skills to hit the cap.

Also I left the newbie dungeon at 5x but I camped out in there after losing young status until I GMed parry so I cheated a little bit.
lol

JennaL

Expert
Page in if you suspect a [Young] of abusing their status so staff can further investigate. Participation in IDOCs, champ spawns, RDAs or any pvp scenarios or tournaments will result in Young privileges being revoked immediately.

stunoma.

Grandmaster
Young players should be bound to the beginner dungeon. Dunno why this is even a thing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hexoplex

Grandmaster
Young players should be bound to the beginner dungeon. Dunno why this is even a thing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Maybe not bound, they should be able to explore a little. Getting PK'd and losing everything the first few days can be a real turn off.

Laeor

New Player reporting in. I am not the person on the screenshot but I am new to the server and still have young status. I got almost full set of invulnerability / fortification armor and a super slayer without any outside help as well. That is no indicator that it is no new player.

Young players can get poisoned and monsters do attack young players unprovoked. Even outside of dungeons. Those two things in the wiki are wrong.

I agree that it is quite easy to farm with a young char but since it has a time limit as well as a skill point limit I don't see how that is a problem. I guess most older players will earn more money in one week, maybe even in one day, than the new player in his young time. On top of that the number of accounts is limited.

Trojandrew

Grandmaster
if i recall you get like 60 hours of young time and when you logon it tells you like xx/60 hours left. not sure how much skills it takes b/c it says 400 but we see people with higher not losing status

Hexoplex

Grandmaster
New Player reporting in. I am not the person on the screenshot but I am new to the server and still have young status.
Welcome to the server, even if you were the person, no one would know. ;)
I got almost full set of invulnerability / fortification armor and a super slayer without any outside help as well. That is no indicator that it is no new player.
That seems to be the general consensus.
Young players can get poisoned
I assume you are speaking from personal experience, if so, then the wiki should get updated.
I agree that it is quite easy to farm with a young char but since it has a time limit as well as a skill point limit I don't see how that is a problem.
I know of the skill point limit but not to sure about the time limit. A 4x GM'd character with [young] can farm nearly every dungeon with little effort. Swords, Tact, Anat, Heal = good to go. If they die they can rez at a bank to unload, rinse and repeat until their eyes bleed. With a second or third account this becomes even easier to "take advantage of" or "abuse" the [young] system in such a manner.

In the end I didn't do anything other than come here to ***** and moan. This person probably wasn't "abusing" anything and if they were it wasn't negatively impacting my in-game experience or that of others. If they show up at a champ, RDA, or IDOC, someone attending the same will report (I don't go to any of those).