Thief murderer..

poogoblin

Master
Is this confirmed on this server?

People have killed my thief who I have not been involved with while in town...afaik the only way to do this is through forensics so I just assumed this was the case. I'll test it tomorrow if nobody else gets around to it or can confirm it before then.

Metalhead-

Master
Keep pots on hand for sure. When I played my thief, I just used the stealing as a flagging system. I was a thief mage with full mana. So Id steal vital equipment/regs before or during my dumps. Pots are to plentiful and not stacked so they aren't items a thief will consider. If you're running a dexxer keep the pressure on until you aid count goes to 0 or your missing a healing reg as a mage.

9 times outa 10 if I got someone to start running away or bailing they were easy kills because they wernt prepared. I also ran 0 resist on my Mage thief so I was especially wary of 2+ mages.

poogoblin

Master
I like forensics....if they've stolen from ANYONE since the last time they died they will appear grey to you, this lets you be proactive instead of reactive.

Macro'd a guy to GM Forensics....it is a skill that is BEYOND useless on this shard.

If you ID a thief it simple says "They're a thief" they remain blue, additionally for whatever reason this skill also unhides you...as if it wasn't trash enough.

Scrap any and all template ideas that include forensics, you'd be better off with GM cooking.

Casor

Adept
I think maybe if they are perma-grey to someone (have stolen and haven't died since) then maybe it will show them as grey to you. Try stealing something with the thief, wait til he goes back blue, then use forensics on him. Obviously steal from another character besides the one you're going to use forensics with.

poogoblin

Master
I think maybe if they are perma-grey to someone (have stolen and haven't died since) then maybe it will show them as grey to you. Try stealing something with the thief, wait til he goes back blue, then use forensics on him. Obviously steal from another character besides the one you're going to use forensics with.

I did, I used this on my thief who is currently perma-greyed to about half a dozen people currently.

What you're saying is how I thought it worked as well, that's not how it works on this shard.

VFingerDiscount

Grandmaster
Macro'd a guy to GM Forensics....it is a skill that is BEYOND useless on this shard.

If you ID a thief it simple says "They're a thief" they remain blue, additionally for whatever reason this skill also unhides you...as if it wasn't trash enough.

Scrap any and all template ideas that include forensics, you'd be better off with GM cooking.
Lmao I like the part where you convince that girl to get forensics then oh wait nm it...

signature field is blank

poogoblin

Master
Lmao I like the part where you convince that girl to get forensics then oh wait nm it...

signature field is blank

When Karl questioned it, I stated I would test it. On every other shard Forensics worked the way Casor explains. Testing it I corrected my original comment.

Clearly there was confusion on how Forensics worked here. Without a shard specific Wiki, some of us try to do the best we can to provide information, and correct that info as needed.

VFingerDiscount

Grandmaster
When Karl questioned it, I stated I would test it. On every other shard Forensics worked the way Casor explains. Testing it I corrected my original comment.

Clearly there was confusion on how Forensics worked here. Without a shard specific Wiki, some of us try to do the best we can to provide information, and correct that info as needed.
Lmao the poogoblin troll trying to go all 'I'm here to help people'... Gtfo

signature field is blank

Sommerella

Master
Lol you guys are cracking me up. I have a thief, so I'm pretty sure I know how those mechanics work (key phrase being pretty sure). I'm not worried about them, nor am I salty about any of them. I was just running something by everyone.

Also, I didn't put forensics on anyone either, lol. I just thought it was a cool fact, if it were actually a fact (?)

Anyways, loving all the feed back.

poogoblin

Master
Lmao the poogoblin troll trying to go all 'I'm here to help people'... Gtfo

signature field is blank

You're right, I used an extra slot and macroed up Forensic Eval to GM because I was planning on ruling this shard for my own selfish reasons with this Uber skill. Then I came back here to tell her to scratch that idea because in reality it works and is sooo much better than taming for farming, I just don't want anyone else to know.

As always you're a swell guy.

Slice N Dice

Grandmaster
Fencing
Anatomy
Tactics
Healing
Detect Hidden
Tracking
Spirit speak

Fencing so you can kill them quick, Tracking to track, Detect to reveal, and spirit speak so you can see their cries after death

Skye Wolfbane

Governor of Trinsic
So you're saying forensics doesn't work? I'm pretty sure does. A guild member used to use it all the time to see if someone was perma gray.

poogoblin

Master
So you're saying forensics doesn't work? I'm pretty sure does. A guild member used to use it all the time to see if someone was perma gray.

Unless permagrey disappears after a certain amount of time forensics doesn't appear to be working. It has been welll over a month since my thief has last died and as mentioned is/was perma to multiple people during this time. Perma used to only wear off if you died (and early on at this shard it was bugged so not even that did it at times).

Have company over atm, will make my thief freshly permagrey and test it again tonight.

poogoblin

Master
It was earlier in the shard's history so maybe it has changed. Shame. At least it made the skill useful.

Tested this again. If the player is part of the thieves guild you get the message "The individual is a thief", there is no difference in the message nor does the thief go grey to the forensic evaluator, if the thief is permagrey. Wonder if this is intended.

Confirmed he was permagrey to the forensic evaluator by attacking the thief in town in front of an NPC, guards weren't called. Killed the thief off (to clear perma) got same message as above on eval, attacked the fresh thief and got guards called on me.