The Spider Guide

Lord_Puffy

Grandmaster
its not like the defense tali is being used in pvp situations without pets. you see where this is going? b/c without pets the tali on them isnt worth it unless they camp heavy spawn areas. and you can always "all come" and recall out on a macro, its not like the tali person can kill your pet, your pet just wont kill him.

actually it is.

lollo

Grandmaster
since the defensive talisman doesnt work at all against players only their pets, how is it used without pets? as i said the only other benefit is if they have mobs agroed on them while chasing would be the only other benefit

Which is a great benefit in itself. Not to mention that defensive tali users can and will just attack your pets and kill them if you're in heat of battle and can't gtfo

Young Star

Grandmaster
since the defensive talisman doesnt work at all against players only their pets, how is it used without pets? as i said the only other benefit is if they have mobs agroed on them while chasing would be the only other benefit
Yes you are right. There are more and more PKs that have a defense talisman JUST to have the less aggro around monsters. A lot of PvP situations are near monsters so if you can get a few monsters flagged on your opponent it makes it that much easier to fight them. Also catching an occasional HP leech if a mob does hit you doesn't hurt either.

That scenario just happened last night. We were fighting in Deciet and were chasing down a pair of Power reds. At least one had the tali for sure (lickdis lumber) and the first place he ran when his partner died was lvl 5, right towards the balron spawn. We ended up finishing him off but almost every mob was flagging us and leaving him alone. We were fortunate to get him early. If he got another heal off we would have had to bail.

Lord_Puffy

Grandmaster

It works against players pets, thats the only thing Id like to see fixed. My Zerker doesnt work against player pets. Although it would be a great defense on my zerker versus tamers. So the defense tailsman is a way to combat tamers arguement is kind of null and void w that in my opinion.

Either turn on all them to work against player pets, or turn them all off. I really dont get why they are still on after what a year + of being out?

They've already been nerfed and it didnt work. I died the other day to someone w a defense tails.

energy/poison fielded him in w 7x ww w near max stats and level 6 meta w max skills. he went down to id say 70%? MAYBE 65% laughed at me, fields dropped and he killed me than my pets.

Its wayyyy beyond OP and has been for a very long time. Why not just fix it already?

Lord_Puffy

Grandmaster
I dont understand why they dont fix problems that they clearly can see are unbalanced/op'd such as defense tailsman.

Why are players forced to abuse shit before staff fixes problems, Isnt that backwards?