The new anti zerg laws!

TheFallen

Grandmaster
Part of it would be theyd have to implement mount stamina loss. Thatd just be the beginning.

Sent from my LG-P714 using Tapatalk
I agree for sure because you dont want a twenty min 4 on 4 where it turns into a running match with these rules but I think given a chance at surviving outnumbered more ppl will choose to fight but I think stam loss when youve delviered dmg to another player in the 5 mins would be a nice touch.

Mathias

Adept
Honestly, if I loot something right now and 3 guys try to jump on me, I'm still probably going to escape even right now with the build I'm taking about. With these changes It'd be insane I promise you.

Entr0phy

Neophyte
This thread should be locked. Uof doesn't need anti Zerg laws, it need anti * laws to stop posts like this.

I am in favor of mounted stat loss.

TheFallen

Grandmaster
This thread should be locked. Uof doesn't need anti Zerg laws, it need anti * laws to stop posts like this.

I am in favor of mounted stat loss.
So I guess your account should be banned since you can't add anything useful to a suggestion thread. Try adding a valid argument against something and maybe threads that you disagree would disappear on there own.

K A Z

Grandmaster
Without a doubt fights may last longer but if you enjoy the actual fight thats not a bad thing. Your still going to die on any char template you die on now it just might require a little more skill from your attackers. You loot somoenes stuff now 3 guys jump you you die. You loot something with these changes 3 guys jump you, you likely still die just might take some more mana or organization from the 3 to no waste mana on trying for the one shot dump.

And what exactly is good about surviving against 3 other players? Your idea is one of those that come up every half a year when some people get owned hard by ganks.

TheFallen

Grandmaster
And what exactly is good about surviving against 3 other players? Your idea is one of those that come up every half a year when some people get owned hard by ganks.
Actually this idea is mainly coming from getting sick of no real fights. I have no problem getting owned I actually enjoy being outnumbered but a lot of pvp is running with my group and dropping on target and that just isn't pvp. What is good about 1 surviving against 3 is when the 3 are horrible they don't have instant win button anymore. 3 should still win with triple the interrupts / finger slips but takes done skill and a good pvp can have a chance staying on screen and actually engaging in pvp.

Nubby

Apprentice
Having been on both ends of a gank, realize it's an mmorpg. Get friends, recruit, grow and win

TheFallen

Grandmaster
Having been on both ends of a gank, realize it's an mmorpg. Get friends, recruit, grow and win
The funny part is this isn't coming from the side of being ganked it is more from being bored with pvp because running around and dropping on coat isn't pvp and if your part of the numbers it is boring. I want fights. Actual pvp.

Nubby

Apprentice
Then disband from your zerg group and start a new guild if you are bored with having too many numbers. You want ingame mechanics to fix something that isn't broke.

We've killed people with 4 guildies on, only to run into others with 10 on. It's an mmorpg, not a dueling game, not a strictly pvp game. It's a "world with hundreds/thousands of players". If you want less scripted / synch fights play a different character type. If you want a challenge don't make new friends, and be outnumbered. If you want to even things up, make a few friends. If you want to zerg try to form up with another guild.

Open world PvP shouldn't be limited because you wish to stay small, same size or large. Both sides can suck but it beats the alternative of devs trying to dictate how we play the game.

TheFallen

Grandmaster
This would not dictate how you play at all. All options are still available. The only difference being that this change would give skill more of a bonus over numbers and any active member of the pvp community should welcome anything that puts more emphasis on skill.

Schmitty2364

Neophyte
Ok so pvp in general is a zerg fest. Red on blue, blue on red doesn't matter it's all get the numbers and call out victim.
This is not pvp.
I recommend a fix that would be a fairly significant change and likely would need tweaking one iimplemented. So please don't argue against the details of values as they can be adjusted but instead argue for or against the concept.

What I'm suggesting:
A diminishing returns system of damage for multiple aggressors.
If two players damage a player with 5 seconds of each other the damage is reduced to 50% on the second attack. If a third damage is reduced to 33% and 25% for four different sources of damage in a 5 second period.
All damage reduction would have to be pvp only no effect on mob damage.
This would opens up group pvp to be more of a splitting into 1v1 with players having to watch the allies for needed heals and there enemies for opportunities for a kill shot. The team with the greater number still has an advantage but if you have players who can't carry there own weight you will feel it. I see this causing longer pvp battles where even in a 4v4 when one team takes a 4v2 lead the fight is certainly not over.
This would make for great arena battles and make runners stand a better chance but I think the trade off of creating a much better group battle scenario is a worthwhile trade.

As a side if this was implemented you could remove stat for pk but not give them the diminishing returns on damage. This would help keep Pk with a punishment but make zerg pk groups at a disadvantage.

2 aside: with this change fights are going to last longer and be more based on timing and resource management so I would like to see pet stamina loss added when you have been in pvp in the last five minutes and make potions stackable or make mini keg you can drink out of that holds 10 pots if you want to give crafter something people will actually buy.

thoughts?

No that is horrible. Infact most of the time I see the smaller group winning....

Schmitty2364

Neophyte
I made suggestions along these lines months and months ago once I realized how ineffective the bounty system is here, they went as follows:

First two attackers are fair game.

Third attacker and beyond get message "you are GANKING XX" and gets insta temporary stat loss. Something minor enough to allow player to play the game but without the bonuses that come with having 100 skill. Something like 5-10% for 5 minutes.

My ideas were not well received. Fair warning.

What makes these suggestions difficult is being able to restrain PK's witout promoting ganking. That's why the bounty system fails, reds just take a safety in numbers approach to protect their heads and it just kinda makes the problem worse as it's significantly riskier to solo PK than it is to zerg.

Go back to trammel then

that ganking message.... wow....

Last edited by a moderator:

halygon

Grandmaster
Go back to trammel, *****.

that ganking message.... wow....
The bounty system is ineffective here -- cool idea, yes but still ineffective. It added gravity to murdering someone, but at the same time the side-effect of it was that reds run in packs now to protect their heads, which in turn makes blues run in zergling packs.

All of that combined with a lack of PvP support creates a shard where no one knows how to (or can) solo successfully. It is just the culture that has developed on this shard that makes large zergs and running forever to "finish" a fight.

Fallen Angel

Grandmaster
2-3 stun mages it 100% death
I am fight with 2dex and 1 mages is funny i am run in dungeon to monster and i have chance kill their
But if 2-3 stun mages..((((
fucking stun
their stun me and and I look like a fool when they kill me
2 good stun mages kill everyone easy
stun its BEST mages features
imba imho

Schmitty2364

Neophyte
Hey everyone, just make sure not to ever be on any screen with an ally ever. Cant be "zerging" By the logic I've seen in this topic that means that everyone that bank sits is effectively "zerging" the bank.

I feel like a bunch of fools played too much custom maps on starcraft and then too much WoW and then tried to play Ultima.

What happens in ultima is NOT zerging. It's called a group of people trying to kill a different group of people.

Stop looking for buzzwords to slight a mechanic you do not fully understand.

I said it before and I'll say it this one last time: Anyone that actually thinks this is an issue is clearly lying or doesn't know how to play the game or has never pvped before.

80% of the time the smaller group wins. Even with bad players it really comes down to skill in the end. And communication.

Numbers dont do much here. I have seen all forms of combat here with every possible variable available and it all comes down to skill or NOT being an idiot.

Pretty sure most of the "zerg" discussion comes from people that just cant handle or figure out how to play properly

halygon

Grandmaster
Hey everyone, just make sure not to ever be on any screen with an ally ever. Cant be "zerging" By the logic I've seen in this topic that means that everyone that bank sits is effectively "zerging" the bank.

I feel like a bunch of fools played too much custom maps on starcraft and then too much WoW and then tried to play Ultima.

What happens in ultima is NOT zerging. It's called a group of people trying to kill a different group of people.

Stop looking for buzzwords to slight a mechanic you do not fully understand.

I said it before and I'll say it this one last time: Anyone that actually thinks this is an issue is clearly lying or doesn't know how to play the game or has never pvped before.

80% of the time the smaller group wins. Even with bad players it really comes down to skill in the end. And communication.

Numbers dont do much here. I have seen all forms of combat here with every possible variable available and it all comes down to skill or NOT being an idiot.

Pretty sure most of the "zerg" discussion comes from people that just cant handle or figure out how to play properly
What... is.. Pee Vee Pee?

halygon

Grandmaster
Responses like that in a community like this is what makes it impossible for anyone to get anything done.
Actually that is a pretty accurate representation of most players on UOF.

Sure not all group fights are zergs, and folks that fight 2v5 can still win by their skill, but the actual folks that have the skill level to work as a team and take down a larger group are far and few in between. Pretty much in UO, if you have a disparity in numbers against you, then most likely you will die (as you should). This type of death is death by zerg, so its not an inaccurate response to most situations, just not one to ALL situations.

Vim-

Neophyte
As progressive as UOF is, any fundamental changes to the game, such as PvP mechanics are going to be widely unpopular. Even if the changes were for the better overall, it is taking too large of a step away from the realm of the old school UO that we all know and love.

Ultima Online is a very old game, and we are playing a very old publish. Things were far from balanced in many aspects then and still are, but that's what makes it so great. This separates UO from so many other games that are trying to balance and fine tune every detail so that everyone has a good time (e.g. PvP-oriented MMOs with no looting). It's an open world for us to make of it what we want. For every shitty feature or imbalance, there's an opportunity to overcome it.

If you are looking for "field"-style PvP without the numbers games, I would suggest searching for other people with the same interest and try to start player-held "field"-PvP duels, tournaments, or maybe something like a sparring league. I imagine players would be much more accepting and supportive of something like that, rather than a server-wide revamping of the core PvP mechanics.