The Meta Dexxer's Lounge and Beard Bar

Fattson

Grandmaster
I dropped lj for the arms lore. Was a good move. At level ten I run up to a titan, smack it three times and run over it and it dies.

Cash is King

Grandmaster
I can't find anything now but I thought there is going to be an update coming (or has it come?) that will provide more pvm benefit to lj skill since it's a supplementary skill to swords and takes up an extra slot?

I'm another 5x plus hide/lj dexxer and can't decide on dropping hide for arms lore or dropping lj. I much prefer one handed weapons for pot chugging so think I may have to drop lj, I find i'm always opting for the swords weps vs axes.

For this decision I wanted to test hiding's benefit to phase shift. I did a test of phase shift on same monster w/same weapon, all same conditions 10x times while hidden and 10x times unhidden. Results:

Using phase shift while hidden:
Min dmg - 92
Max dmg - 168
Avg dmg - 127

Using phase shift while not hidden:
Min dmg - 88
Max dmg - 174
Avg dmg - 120

So the min was lower unhidden, but the max was higher. The average while hidden was only 7 dmg higher which is negligible imo. I know this is just 10 samples and 100 would be better - I just don't have that time. But based on this I don't really see much of a benefit of hiding skill for phase shift? Can someone educate me if I'm wrong?

Delvorin

Grandmaster
I can't find anything now but I thought there is going to be an update coming (or has it come?) that will provide more pvm benefit to lj skill since it's a supplementary skill to swords and takes up an extra slot?

I'm another 5x plus hide/lj dexxer and can't decide on dropping hide for arms lore or dropping lj. I much prefer one handed weapons for pot chugging so think I may have to drop lj, I find i'm always opting for the swords weps vs axes.

For this decision I wanted to test hiding's benefit to phase shift. I did a test of phase shift on same monster w/same weapon, all same conditions 10x times while hidden and 10x times unhidden. Results:

Using phase shift while hidden:
Min dmg - 92
Max dmg - 168
Avg dmg - 127

Using phase shift while not hidden:
Min dmg - 88
Max dmg - 174
Avg dmg - 120

So the min was lower unhidden, but the max was higher. The average while hidden was only 7 dmg higher which is negligible imo. I know this is just 10 samples and 100 would be better - I just don't have that time. But based on this I don't really see much of a benefit of hiding skill for phase shift? Can someone educate me if I'm wrong?

I would say that's too small a sample size to decide on. A larger sample would probably give you a better idea. And I'm not sure about the benefits of LJ for pvm being implemented. But if you use 1h swords more than axes, I'd just drop lumberjacking.

This new arms lore stuff really making me second guess builds lol

Cash is King

Grandmaster
But if you use 1h swords more than axes, I'd just drop lumberjacking.

Exactly my thought but since I'm at 115 I wanted to find out about this possible boost to LJ for pvm before making the template change either way. Besides evading pk's and mobs I don't think there is enough benefit for hiding as it relates to the phase shift boost but if someone has knowledge on this please share.

This new arms lore stuff really making me second guess builds lol

Agree and that's a good thing!

Zoobler

Grandmaster
Arms lore is a must IMO for berserker...the whole goal of the build is maximize damage so maximizing hit % chance is a no brainier. I had both swords and archery but dropped archery... Hated to do it but After the fact I don't regret it at all.

Delvorin

Grandmaster
Arms lore is a must IMO for berserker...the whole goal of the build is maximize damage so maximizing hit % chance is a no brainier. I had both swords and archery but dropped archery... Hated to do it but After the fact I don't regret it at all.

Ahh, yeah that makes sense. After all the replies and advice here, I'll be trying out arms lore and dropping med. If it works out, I'm thinking maybe I can get cap to 720 and get 50 magery and 70 med or something. Anyone have thoughts on this?

Also, my stats are 100 str, 85 dex, 40 int right now. Should I keep it that way?

Fattson

Grandmaster
Ahh, yeah that makes sense. After all the replies and advice here, I'll be trying out arms lore and dropping med. If it works out, I'm thinking maybe I can get cap to 720 and get 50 magery and 70 med or something. Anyone have thoughts on this?

Also, my stats are 100 str, 85 dex, 40 int right now. Should I keep it that way?

I'm rockin 100 90 35. I would switch to 75 to 80 magery and the rest med.

Li Meiyang

Grandmaster
Yeah drop magery and go 100 dex. Increased swing speed makes all the difference int he world. At least til your talis is completely leveled.

Ludwig

Grandmaster
Anyone got any tips for leveling the Tread relic? I've just been running over wildlife. Everything I tread over seems to only give 1 exp each whether it's an ancient lich or a bunny. I plan to move over to liches once I can one-shot them.

Yeah drop magery and go 100 dex. Increased swing speed makes all the difference int he world. At least til your talis is completely leveled.

100 Magery on a dexer is extremely helpful! Even with only 25 int.

Delvorin

Grandmaster
Anyone got any tips for leveling the Tread relic? I've just been running over wildlife. Everything I tread over seems to only give 1 exp each whether it's an ancient lich or a bunny. I plan to move over to liches once I can one-shot them.

Not 100% sure but think relics give one xp per activation no matter the creature or monster you use it on. For my ds, just gives 1xp evrrytime it activates whether Dragon, daemon, zombie, polar bear, or walrus

Young Star

Grandmaster

Yes each proc is one xp. For tread a lot of people strip down to the lowest weight they can get to and step over a corpser over and over. Just use a timer to only step over it when tread is ready. Others use a ridable wolf and have a peacer/vet keep it alive.

Double strike can be leveled that way also going barehanded.

Cash is King

Grandmaster
Correct - tread only gains when you tread over something for 1 xp.

I'm in a good mood so figure I'd share what I did to get Tread to lvl 10. I don't know of any other way but I got high one day and knew there had to be a better way and came up with this one on my own.

Find yourself a secluded corpser. Best spots are in forests w/no aggressive spawn around but swamps always have lots and you can find some that are not near an aggro spawn.

Get 2 wooden boxes. Drop 1 wooden box 3 tiles south of the corpser and the other box 3 tiles north. Stand on the first tile north of the south box. Have lots of refresh pots on you or bring a keg and insert a macro to pour yourself more on the fly.

Essentially you're running back and forth over a corpser with wooden boxes keeping you from running way offscreen. You refresh the wooden boxes by picking up and dropping them.

Macro:
  1. If stam < 100 - drink refresh - end if (if your max stam is not 100, adjust accordingly)
  2. Run north, treading over the corpser (make the macro have "walk: north" 6 times even tho you're only moving 4 tiles)
  3. If stam < 100 - drink refresh - bandage self - end if (this refresh pot is here a second time because you will sometimes get hit by the corpser before you tread over it and it will take your stamina down and you will stand there getting hit by it without having treaded over it)
  4. Run north, treading over the corpser (have "walk: north" 6 times again. This second running is here in case first tread attempt failed. if the first tread attempt worked this will just have you attempt to run north but you're stuck by the wooden box so it's fine)
  5. Pick up the north wooden box and drop it back on the ground where it was. This keeps it from decomposing.
  6. Pause 40 secs (this pause depends on your tread level, as you gain levels on the tread the time in between usage reduces. So find what the exact timer is and change this as you gain tread levels)
  7. If stam < 100 - drink refresh - end if
  8. Run south, treading over the corpser (have "walk: south" there 6 times)
  9. If stam < 100 - drink refresh - bandage self - end if
  10. Run south, treading over the corpser ("walk: south" 6 times)
  11. Pick up and drop the south box.

I somehow over-wrote my macro so I hope you appreciate the pain in the ass this was to try and remember and type this out! Tinker with the macro it as I remember I had to put in a few small pauses between some actions.

Young Star

Grandmaster
I just do this against a target...Using the boxes like you suggest helps to keep from walking too far when the target hits you before you tread on it and ticks you off of full stam. I didn't bother with refresh but you could add that as well.

if stam == 100

warmode 'on'

pause 100

warmode 'off'

turn "South"

walk "South"

walk "South"

pause 300

turn "North"

walk "North"

walk "North"

//walk "North"

turn "South"

pause 500

warmode 'on'

pause 100

warmode 'off'

//moveitem 0x410fc2db 'ground' 402, 2224, -2

pause 27000

if @injournal 'The world is' 'system'

clearjournal

sysmsg 'Pausing macro for Server Save'

waitforjournal 'World save complete' 35000 'system'

sysmsg 'Resuming macro'

endif

endif

Delvorin

Grandmaster
For those of you who took arms lore and have no med or those I saw with 40 med, do you wear leather suits or metal armor?

Arch Enemy

Grandmaster
For those of you who took arms lore and have no med or those I saw with 40 med, do you wear leather suits or metal armor?

If you have no med there's no point wearing anything but heavy armor as the passive mana regen rate is the same with and without armor.

If you have 40 med, I'd suggest sticking to leather as you will get a bonus to your passive mana regen rate as well as the ability to actively med if you need to.

Delvorin

Grandmaster
If you have no med there's no point wearing anything but heavy armor as the passive mana regen rate is the same with and without armor.

If you have 40 med, I'd suggest sticking to leather as you will get a bonus to your passive mana regen rate as well as the ability to actively med if you need to.

Ahhh ok thanks. Makes sense.