The Meta Dexxer's Lounge and Beard Bar

Arch Enemy

Grandmaster
Only thing that would be a newbie item that you could add an armor patch to is the cloak. Head gear is factuons, torso us vet reward as @Fattson mentioned. Just make a new toon and get the cloak yourself.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

you can get a newbie robe and wizard hat easily by starting with magery, and you don't have to actually be in factions to use the hat armor patch. it costs faction silver to buy it but once you buy it anyone can use it. and yes the torso armor patch is a veteran reward, but just like the faction armor patch for a head piece, anyone can use it.

Also the head piece armor patch needs to be layered if you really want it to be useful. that way you can wear it on top of your actual armor head piece. otherwise the armor head piece will provide better AR, granted you have to repair it every once in a while and it is able to be looted.

Delvorin

Grandmaster
So have been thinking of whether or not I want to change my template. I have tactics, anat, mace fighting, healing, magery, med, resist. Has been a lot of fun and don't really want to change as magery and med are so versatile while farming. And with people saying Phase shift can get annoying and make you stuck in some places, thought I'd just settle for DS, tread, and infected wounds relics.

Also, what does GM arms lore do for you? I've seen people talk about getting it but what advantage does it give?

Any suggestions?

parsnip

Grandmaster
So have been thinking of whether or not I want to change my template. I have tactics, anat, mace fighting, healing, magery, med, resist. Has been a lot of fun and don't really want to change as magery and med are so versatile while farming. And with people saying Phase shift can get annoying and make you stuck in some places, thought I'd just settle for DS, tread, and infected wounds relics.

Also, what does GM arms lore do for you? I've seen people talk about getting it but what advantage does it give?

Any suggestions?

Check out this thread http://www.uoforum.com/threads/recent-changes-february-2016-edition.75691/ Good info in there. Can't help you with zerker relic suggestions.

---

Question for the defense talisman thread readers: How far have you managed to level Remedy? I can't quite believe how slow (and annoying) it is to level and I say this at 5/250 on level 1!

tankian

Grandmaster
Check out this thread http://www.uoforum.com/threads/recent-changes-february-2016-edition.75691/ Good info in there. Can't help you with zerker relic suggestions.

---

Question for the defense talisman thread readers: How far have you managed to level Remedy? I can't quite believe how slow (and annoying) it is to level and I say this at 5/250 on level 1!
ive trained up my remedy to 160 and im not really working hardcore on it, just tame a small snake, go to a secluded place, release the snake. have meta dexxer sparr it w/o armor, shield or any weps equipped. tab out. As you progress you can move up to a bigger snake or scorpion

Delvorin

Grandmaster

---

Hey thanks alot. That link is very helpful. I think I'm keeping my build. Magery and meditation have been so helpful I can't bring myself to drop them.

Lothar

Expert

---

The update is honestly pretty vague. But it simply states that you will hit more frequently than before. Some people have eye-balled and said its close to 30-40% more frequent they hit than prior. This could if your sole purpose is to use your Dexxer in Champ Spawns be beneficial. But I agree with you that Magery really does give versatility and I'd hate to lose it.

I'm a Def. Dexxer, so I don't even get the chance to have Med. I have very limited use to my Magery, and I still prefer to keep it over Arms Lore. This may change once I max the Talisman out though. But at that point, I may just drop Parry for Arms Lore once I am invincible! muhaha... (sorry, got carried away). Still hate to think about getting rid of Parry because I do really like it and see a massive improvement in my melee damage reduction from it.

Decoy

Grandmaster

Any suggestions?

This is my template except swords instead of macing. It's got pretty good survivability. Also I don't know if I would pass on phase shift, even without hiding. It's really damn useful for getting a guaranteed hit on mobs. If DS is up you can potentially land 3 hits simultaneously. Like you said though, you MUST be aware of when you are using it, or you can end up dead. So at a champ spawn you can't just freely target any mob, for example.

Delvorin

Grandmaster
This is my template except swords instead of macing. It's got pretty good survivability. Also I don't know if I would pass on phase shift, even without hiding. It's really damn useful for getting a guaranteed hit on mobs. If DS is up you can potentially land 3 hits simultaneously. Like you said though, you MUST be aware of when you are using it, or you can end up dead. So at a champ spawn you can't just freely target any mob, for example.

Ahhh alright. So just need to be aware of cooldowns and everything. Thanks lots for your input.

parsnip

Grandmaster
ive trained up my remedy to 160 and im not really working hardcore on it, just tame a small snake, go to a secluded place, release the snake. have meta dexxer sparr it w/o armor, shield or any weps equipped. tab out. As you progress you can move up to a bigger snake or scorpion

Awesome, thanks! I'm flying now, up 20/250 - See you next year :p

Arch Enemy

Grandmaster
@Delvorin arms lore helps a ton, would definitely recommend dropping med for it if you are using him more for the PvM side of things. If you do mostly PvP I'd keep med, but for farming it helps so much. you really do hit a lot more.

With 25 int, you will be able to recall in and out pretty often. Takes about a minute to get the mana back if it was wiped out completely.

Krayzed

Apprentice
I have 25 usually only need to recall in and out havnt noticed a lack of mana too often. Just out of curiosity with a resiliance talisman my current build is
Swords
Tactics
Anatomy
Healing
Parry
Resist
Arms lore
Would this be considered a decent build for the arms lore changes?
Also part two question i noticed earlier in the thread about farming snow anz ice eles. Doing some more research on a plain osi site i found that bronze crafted weapons can add a percentage of damage as flame. Has that carried over to forever?

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Bromista

Grandmaster
I have 25 usually only need to recall in and out havnt noticed a lack of mana too often. Just out of curiosity with a resiliance talisman my current build is
Swords
Tactics
Anatomy
Healing
Parry
Resist
Arms lore
Would this be considered a decent build for the arms lore changes?
Also part two question i noticed earlier in the thread about farming snow anz ice eles. Doing some more research on a plain osi site i found that bronze crafted weapons can add a percentage of damage as flame. Has that carried over to forever?

For a PvM build I would think that is pretty good. I'm not sure what people usually run for a 7th skill tbh. Having a little bit of magery would be great to be able to use buffs but would lose a lot of utility because you want a weapon and shield up as much as possible. So to that end arms lore offering a buff without sacrificing anything is gonna do well.

Have any berserkers opted for AL? I have two zerkers that are 715 skill cap. Same skill distribution: 5x swords with gm hiding, 90 magery, and 25 med. 100/100/25 Only difference is that one of them has a phase shift so he's keeping hiding for sure. I'm thinking about doing AL on the other zerker though. Would be a nice boost to the hit and run, right?

Jongi09

Master
For a PvM build I would think that is pretty good. I'm not sure what people usually run for a 7th skill tbh. Having a little bit of magery would be great to be able to use buffs but would lose a lot of utility because you want a weapon and shield up as much as possible. So to that end arms lore offering a buff without sacrificing anything is gonna do well.

Have any berserkers opted for AL? I have two zerkers that are 715 skill cap. Same skill distribution: 5x swords with gm hiding, 90 magery, and 25 med. 100/100/25 Only difference is that one of them has a phase shift so he's keeping hiding for sure. I'm thinking about doing AL on the other zerker though. Would be a nice boost to the hit and run, right?
I'm contemplating this exact issue myself. I'm a 5xgm with lj and hide. I find hide just saves me so often, but then maybe I wouldn't have to run from mobs if I hit more!

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Krayzed

Apprentice
I'm contemplating this exact issue myself. I'm a 5xgm with lj and hide. I find hide just saves me so often, but then maybe I wouldn't have to run from mobs if I hit more!

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
Hence the arms lore? If im understanding correctly?