The Meta Dexxer's Lounge and Beard Bar

Delvorin

Grandmaster
Hey guys and gals!

I've got a question for you.

I have a level 10 nearly maxed out with all five relics defensive Dexxer that I absolutely love and I'm now thinking of starting a Zerker as well.

My question is what kind of damage output do you see for being a lumberjack Zerker versus just swords.... just trying to figure out if I want to pick up lumberjacking or just stick with swords.

Thanks!

From what I hear, with lj axes do 200 damage consistently but being two handed and needing 100 skill for it, might want to use katanas. They're fast and that balances out doing less damage, can chug pots which helps with zerker since you will have no or as little AR as you can, and can use those 100 points on something else.

Andy8554

Adept
From what I hear, with lj axes do 200 damage consistently but being two handed and needing 100 skill for it, might want to use katanas. They're fast and that balances out doing less damage, can chug pots which helps with zerker since you will have no or as little AR as you can, and can use those 100 points on something else.

Delvorin,

Thanks for the insight.... lol 200 damage consistently is pretty dang tempting though.... my Defense Dexxer rolls "sword-n-board" or in Ultima = "Kryss & Heater". I'll start with the katana's though.... slayer are far easier to come by as well.

Thanks again!!

shirtandpantsman

Grandmaster
or you can go archery, i only have lvl 5 zerker and can hit for 250 with a slayer xbow - archery is pretty nice when youre a naked dexer the whole not getting hit thing solves these potion and armor concerns

halv

Grandmaster
After dropping lumberjacking i changed swordmanship to macing. This way i could use wooden weapons too and a quarter staff attack is doing massiv damage. In my personal oppinion swordmanship is awesome with lumberjacking, but if you drop lj, switch to macing.

Andy8554

Adept
@halv when you say massive damage..... do you mind sharing what you feel average damage is? sounds interesting and I am open to everything = )

halv

Grandmaster
@halv when you say massive damage..... do you mind sharing what you feel average damage is? sounds interesting and I am open to everything = )

I just tried on 4 Zyclops and 1 Titan with Quarter Staff exceptional repond slayer, no other modifier, Zerker level 5, 120/120/25 - missed around 30% - he did max Damage 143 and min was 93. Every hit was something between. Double Strike relic level 1 proc'd once and did 113 and 127.

parsnip

Grandmaster

Here's a non-optimal example of a maxed out zerker with archery against an OL. I say non-optimal as I don't have hiding or stealth so I'm not getting maximum damage on Phase Shift but you still get to see some of the damage potential. Apologies for the crap video but it should give you the idea...

Note: I would not recommend archery while levelling!

shirtandpantsman

Grandmaster
Here's a non-optimal example of a maxed out zerker with archery against an OL. I say non-optimal as I don't have hiding or stealth so I'm not getting maximum damage on Phase Shift but you still get to see some of the damage potential. Apologies for the crap video but it should give you the idea...

Note: I would not recommend archery while levelling!

oh ya. archery is terrible to levle, i would say basically impossible to max your tali unless you afk macro on a corpser or something

i play my archer zerker with swords as well, i use swords as primary and archery secondary and level much faster. it makes pvp fun too (i dont have armslore, fuck armslore) because people dont expect you to pull out a dp katana and kill them after they saw you doing pvm with a bow

CAPTUN AUSTRALIA

Grandmaster
Curious if anyone else has tried using the Talisman XP perk?

I used it, and in 50 minutes (excluding 10 odd minutes from being spell closest zerged by EQMS and the associated re-gear time), i gained around 6,500 xp.

Normal balrons dropped around 300 XP with the perk, which to me seems ridic.

I'm at lv 7 defense talisman.

Anyone else find the perk as underwhelming as i did? It makes me realise why i stopped training this thing unless double XP weekends are active.

Ariakan99

Grandmaster
Numbers I have seen show the xp perk to be around +25% vs normal xp. Basically a copy of what the old faction sigil bonus should have been. (This bonus never actually worked for talismans - only pets)

HombreSauce

Journeyman
I'm a lvl 5 zerker with no relics.
I decided to go defense dexxer instead, since the relics are cheaper and defense is more viable for champ spawns.

(I run armslore/swords)

Zoobler

Grandmaster
Heads up...i recently switched back to LJ instead of armslore....holy hell this hits hard. It's majestic when using a slayer and DS procs.

Mara

Journeyman
I'm about to "finish" my zerk Tali,

I have like 30k exp left for level 10,

Already lvl 10 Double relic,
lvl 10 Phase
Lvl 8 Tread ( working on it )

I wanted to ask , if when I get lvl 10 and got the access to last relic, shall I buy the infected relic? or its that garbage that dont make sense to waste money on it?

Also , thinking on change the build a lil bit when I end grinding it.

Atm I have the normal dexxer skills , heal, anato , tactics, resist, + hiding and sword and LJ.

Any tip? I think about change LJ to archer
Take out also Hiding ( I like to much I guess ) and add parry?
make a mix, or dunno tbh.
maybe I left like that, its so lovely to almost 1 shot a dragon.

any1 tryed a maxed zerk with a katana or something similar with parry¿?
I think can work pretty good , with slayer katana + good gear + Parry + swampy

What your thougt guys?!?

So ... SMALL SUMMARY :
1- Infected relic worth the gold?
2- what template will u use for a full maxed Zerk?

Thxs in advance.
happy weekend to every1!

Delvorin

Grandmaster
I'm about to "finish" my zerk Tali,

I have like 30k exp left for level 10,

Already lvl 10 Double relic,
lvl 10 Phase
Lvl 8 Tread ( working on it )

I wanted to ask , if when I get lvl 10 and got the access to last relic, shall I buy the infected relic? or its that garbage that dont make sense to waste money on it?

Also , thinking on change the build a lil bit when I end grinding it.

Atm I have the normal dexxer skills , heal, anato , tactics, resist, + hiding and sword and LJ.

Any tip? I think about change LJ to archer
Take out also Hiding ( I like to much I guess ) and add parry?
make a mix, or dunno tbh.
maybe I left like that, its so lovely to almost 1 shot a dragon.

any1 tryed a maxed zerk with a katana or something similar with parry¿?
I think can work pretty good , with slayer katana + good gear + Parry + swampy

What your thougt guys?!?

So ... SMALL SUMMARY :
1- Infected relic worth the gold?
2- what template will u use for a full maxed Zerk?

Thxs in advance.
happy weekend to every1!

I wouldn't bother with infected wounds. I have it maxed and it's so useless, I don't even carry poison pots anymore. Actually, I like doing covetous champ and that would screw with the boss fight. Basically things poisons apply to are killed so fast, the benefit of infect wounds is negligible and the monsters that it would help against since it's a longer fight can't be poisoned.

I wouldn't take parry as a berzerker. I'd drop hiding for arms lore. I've found it helpful. Some argue that there isn't much difference.

Grish'nak

Master
So I am considering leveling my zerker again. I just bought DS and Tread and put it on my lv5. Already seems to hit hard with slayer weps. What are the best mobs to level this thing on? Ogre lords seem hugely underwhelming in terms of xp.

halv

Grandmaster
What are the best mobs to level this thing on?

Just clean out a dungeon. Don't think about the mob. Do a champ, last champ spawn gave me around 4.5K exp. I stopped looking for the right mob, i just slay everthing on my way.

I recognized a weird thing. If i do jousting with my zerker on werewolfs i always hit them hard. If i peace them with my bard first, i miss a lot. It's like a werewolf is harder to hit if he is peaced. But i can be wrong.

Lemley

Hey guys... haven't played here in YEARS and I'm going to fire it back up today. All this meta/zerker/talisman stuff is brand new to me, and I've got to blow up some characters and start fresh. What templates are considered best or FOTM for dexxers?

I have money and resources to get me what I need, and the character I'll be transforming is a bard/mage -- but other than the mage skills and my bank I might as well be a total noob.

Any help is appreciated!

Dimok

Master
Just back after a year away myself. When I left the LJ and ArmsLore changes had just gone into effect, so people weren't really sure if they were worth it or not in PVM.
I did some searching and can't find any data from this year, so came here to ask a few questions.
Is Katana still king of PVM, even with LJ changes? Looking to tweak my build. It's
Swrd/Anat/Heal/Tact/LJ/Mage/Resist atm. I am considering dropping mage down to get some Alore, but not sure if the %to hit is worth dropping magery down (I'd drop it to whatever I need to 100% recall scrolls).

Delvorin

Grandmaster
Just back after a year away myself. When I left the LJ and ArmsLore changes had just gone into effect, so people weren't really sure if they were worth it or not in PVM.
I did some searching and can't find any data from this year, so came here to ask a few questions.
Is Katana still king of PVM, even with LJ changes? Looking to tweak my build. It's
Swrd/Anat/Heal/Tact/LJ/Mage/Resist atm. I am considering dropping mage down to get some Alore, but not sure if the %to hit is worth dropping magery down (I'd drop it to whatever I need to 100% recall scrolls).

Well whether or not you take arms lore will depend on what you fight. Staff said that there's a increase chance to hit on all monsters, but when farming lizardmen and zombies on my defense dexxer, was missing 10 times in a row at times. You definitely notice with harder monsters and bosses though. For berzerker, I'd say whether you use axe or katana depends on how comfortable you are with axes being 2handed. You know the speed and 1hand advantages of the katana. Are you comfortable with having a slower but stronger weapon and having to unequip it to chug pots when needed? I personally use war hammers and had to ask myself the same questions between war axe and war hammer. Found that war hammer is much more fun to use and the extra damage makes up for the speed and having to unequip to chug pots. I will say the LJ improvement seems to be really nice according to LJs I know. Exceptional slayer will do 200+ damage consistently on matching monster.