Grandmaster
[21:46] <&Shane-Office> well we plan to make
[21:46] <&Shane-Office> taming go higher
[21:46] <&Shane-Office> like 140
[21:46] <&Shane-Office> with new pets, yes

Discuss.

VFingerDiscount

Grandmaster
How about giving the majority of players the time to acquire and train a meta before even thinking about something like this

Phylyn Rahl, Eugene the Weak, Mysthran, Mysthrana, Norah Winehouse, StevieRayVaughan, VFingerDiscount

Bunnky

Grandmaster
Yea.. I'd hope it takes 2 years. Regardless, I'll NEVER spend more than 10 mil for ANYTHING, let alone 100 mil for 140 taming PS. I'll just chalk it up to a wasted character slot.

Bobby123

Grandmaster
Yea.. I'd hope it takes 2 years. Regardless, I'll NEVER spend more than 10 mil for ANYTHING, let alone 100 mil for 140 taming PS. I'll just chalk it up to a wasted character slot.

Honestly , i think its a good idea !

Firstly , its gives power gamers to go for high end tameables ! Tamers who find it too hard can just stick with the current pets . Some players like to dream big !

Just becoz you WONT SPEND MORE THAN 10 MIL on items doesnt means others wont . Some people buy honda , others Ferrari .

Shini

Master
So they want to upgrade from pokemon to digimon ?

If one of the main concerns for not adding wands was ''item based PVP''
then why add such power scrolls (i says that because everyone seem to play a tamer)

This doesn't put everyone on same playground at all when these scrolls worth millions.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bunnky

Grandmaster
Honestly , i think its a good idea !

Firstly , its gives power gamers to go for high end tameables ! Tamers who find it too hard can just stick with the current pets . Some players like to dream big !

Just becoz you WONT SPEND MORE THAN 10 MIL on items doesnt means others wont . Some people buy honda , others Ferrari .

Ayeyaeyae. We all know you would support this. And it's quite obvious that the power gamers would have something to go for. Lolduh.

I was giving my personal opinion, not thinking because I do it, everyone's gonna do it. Some people spend $1000s and would rather piss through a tube at their computer then be UO poor, and others just don't give a shit. I'm the latter.

Bobby123

Grandmaster
Ayeyaeyae. We all know you would support this. And it's quite obvious that the power gamers would have something to go for. Lolduh.

I was giving my personal opinion, not thinking because I do it, everyone's gonna do it. Some people spend $1000s and would rather piss through a tube at their computer then be UO poor, and others just don't give a shit. I'm the latter.

BE POSITIVE !

AND SUPPORT THE CHANGE !

TriXa

Grandmaster
In my Eye's a bad idea.
But i dont have a word anyway.
its ok to keep Player with something to do.. But that shouldnt be with Chasing to 140.
And it makes 0 Sense. All Pets that was for 120 / 120 got moved to lower Skill's because all has cried so why doing the same with 140 now ?? So far these Mobs are not on random Spots and Random timers there will be no change at all. Only Powergamers Camping Spots selling for HighProfit etc.
And at the Moment you can Farm Faster with Ww / Beetle ww / Dragon as with Meta.
Its like you have a Ferrari the can Drive Fast but you need 5 Hours to turn the Maschine on to Drive.
And with these PetSkillloosing its a Question if its Worth in general to go up to 140,
And the PVM Templates are not maked for 140er Skills. i dont want to Buy 10 posion Scrolls or more every Day to get my skills back.

Its cool to have new Ideas but that is def one of the bad ones.

Bobby123

Grandmaster
In my Eye's a bad idea.
But i dont have a word anyway.
its ok to keep Player with something to do.. But that shouldnt be with Chasing to 140.
And it makes 0 Sense. All Pets that was for 120 / 120 got moved to lower Skill's because has cried so why doing the same with 140 now ?? So far these Mobs are not on random Spots and Random timers there will be no change at all. Only Powergamers Camping Spots selling for HighProfit etc.
And at the Moment you can Farm Faster with Ww / Beetle ww / Dragon as with Meta.
Its like you have a Ferrari the can Drive Fast but you need 5 Hours to turn the Maschine on to Drive.

at least you have a better attitude !

thumbs up !

unlike A TROLL ...

Malkraven

Grandmaster
i must admit im not a fan of the idea tbh where does it end 160 180?. and where do these points come from? or does the skill cap raise to 740 to?....

idk sounds bad to me chasing skill caps is pretty World of warcraft.

Bobby123

Grandmaster
i must admit im not a fan of the idea tbh where does it end 160 180?. and where do these points come from? or does the skill cap raid to 740 to?....

idk sounds bad to me

good question !

increase skill cap i guess :p if we are going to spend 1205415105 gold for the 140 POWERSCROLL ! lolz

Bromista

Grandmaster
i must admit im not a fan of the idea tbh where does it end 160 180?. and where do these points come from? or does the skill cap raid to 740 to?....

idk sounds bad to me
This is a fair point.

Let's look at other end-game:

Legendary Crafting. 120 crafting skills and a fetch quest to craft a Soul Forge and reach end-game.

Asylum. Bad ass dungeon, requires farming keys to navigate.

I wouldn't mind seeing a "140 tamable" level mob as say, a static spawn. Let's call him YY There every day, something everyone can hunt and farm. Only tamable to those who have jumped through hoops XX.

Not another fetch quest, because that wouldn't really make a tonnn of sense for the tamable aspect. But say, earn the title "Legendary Tamer", do XX damage with pets to any monsters, kill XX version of YY tamable to earn rights to tame said creature.

So far staff has been more creative in their barriers to entry for other end-game. I am sure they will be more creative than making anything require more than 120 taming for taming end-game.

edw3rdwood

Grandmaster
It baffles me that people seem to think that just because the cap may be going up, people automatically *have* to get those PS now, and if they are too expensive then they'll just abandon the character. Like, what? Why do you have to be at cap for everything? What did you make a tamer for to begin with? There is a whole methodology to MMO's that drives me crazy where if it's not the absolute BEST, top-tier, best you can have in the game, players think it's shit and don't even want it. Just be happy with your 120. If you choose to go 130 then fine, or if you want to go to 140 that's fine too, but 120 taming is still b*tchin' and you can have tons of fun in the game still. It should be about whatever is fun for you, that's all. There is always someone out there who's better than you, richer than you, has better stuff than you, etc etc and who doesn't even use forums so you'll never know who he is. You will just never be the best, it's impossible to prove or to know for sure, so why race to be the best?

On another note though, I don't really like this idea either. It's becoming where there is a base game that encompasses everything non-tamer, then this weird, mega, bloated counter-game called taming where PS's cost millions, pets cost millions, everything costs millions and millions, and the most valuable non-tamer thing in the game is like an 18x18 for 800k. It is actually dissuading me from playing a tamer, I just think it's way too much emphasis in one part of the game. I would rather see BODs for more craft skills, end-game treasure hunting, more places to explore, more open-seas incentive, more specific spots for group pvp, and probably a dozen things I can't even think of before we see another huge update to taming.

End rant

exince

Grandmaster
most ppl use taming and their pets for pvm.. in the end, they want to farm money...

moving from 120 to 140 taming would cause the following issues:

a) money
getting to 120 taming would be an investment of what? 50 mil? 60mil? even more? how many hours do you need to spend farming to earn that money?

b) strength
how strong would a 140 pet have to be to be worth that huge money investment? and what happens to meta pets? they're quite strong already. would anyone go for 140 taming if the pets would be weaker? i bet not.. so.. would you nerf the current meta pets after ppl invested millions and 100s of hours on them? or would you create a pet that allows you to solo champs?

i think going to 140 taming is a very very very bad idea. 95% of my uo-time i spend playing my tamer. but i would never go the 140 taming route. i just can't see it being worth the time and money

TriXa

Grandmaster
It baffles me that people seem to think that just because the cap may be going up, people automatically *have* to get those PS now, and if they are too expensive then they'll just abandon the character. Like, what? Why do you have to be at cap for everything? What did you make a tamer for to begin with? There is a whole methodology to MMO's that drives me crazy where if it's not the absolute BEST, top-tier, best you can have in the game, players think it's shit and don't even want it. Just be happy with your 120. If you choose to go 130 then fine, or if you want to go to 140 that's fine too, but 120 taming is still b*tchin' and you can have tons of fun in the game still. It should be about whatever is fun for you, that's all. There is always someone out there who's better than you, richer than you, has better stuff than you, etc etc and who doesn't even use forums so you'll never know who he is. You will just never be the best, it's impossible to prove or to know for sure, so why race to be the best?

On another note though, I don't really like this idea either. It's becoming where there is a base game that encompasses everything non-tamer, then this weird, mega, bloated counter-game called taming where PS's cost millions, pets cost millions, everything costs millions and millions, and the most valuable non-tamer thing in the game is like an 18x18 for 800k. It is actually dissuading me from playing a tamer, I just think it's way too much emphasis in one part of the game. I would rather see BODs for more craft skills, end-game treasure hunting, more places to explore, more open-seas incentive, more specific spots for group pvp, and probably a dozen things I can't even think of before we see another huge update to taming.

End rant

Absolutly there are many other ways to make EndGame..
And ya Stuff like Bod's should get an overwork , Platinium Vendor , maybe More Crafting stuff .. Maybe Questing.
Yea new land to Explore etc..
Raising the Skill to 140 is .....

Dig'em

Grandmaster
This change will work out for like 5 select people on the server, like what's happening with RDAs now. They get richer than they already are, everyone else gets more pissed off and leaves. This is too soon after meta pets were released for this.