The Current Market

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swayze

Grandmaster
Actually I just thought about combining PS... wouldnt that just inflate lower end PSs and keep the higher end ones extremely high?

Fattson

Grandmaster
Actually I just thought about combining PS... wouldnt that just inflate lower end PSs and keep the higher end ones extremely high?

Like purchasing a "combination deed" so you could combine a 105 and 110 tailor to make a 115 tailor?

Lexington

Grandmaster
all relics should be in 500k range, doesnt matter what relic, the priblem is... whoever started selling them for millions. It was the starting price that labeled relics their value, they are not even close to the right value. i have never got a relic, or bought one. They are retardedly priced and whoever priced em that high is a fuckin moron, and whoever bought them was even more ******** for vouching the prices to be set

That's because the game caters to the guilds / players that play 80 + hours a weeks. They control the markets. I'm not sure there's a way around it... other than to have items also spawn outside RDS and champ spawns? I like the PS decay idea as it will keep people from hording.

Fattson

Grandmaster
That's because the game caters to the guilds / players that play 80 + hours a weeks. They control the markets. I'm not sure there's a way around it... other than to have items also spawn outside RDS and champ spawns? I like the PS decay idea as it will keep people from hording.
Which makes sense. High end pvm is the milkshake that brings the boys to the yard.

Swayze

Grandmaster
yea its easily doable from a coding perspective... I also love the idea of a 100k "combination deed" to sink some gold - Theres so much gold on this server and its never being spent.

Pandone

Grandmaster
I was thinking along the lines of

2 105s = 110
4 110 = 115
6 115 = 120

i think it's way more simple make 120 taming/30 taming/ ss lotteries, maybe make 1 at week by PSs and Dono

lotteries and motm drops will benefit prices in some times

Swayze

Grandmaster
right, which is why we need more gold sinks.... everyone has so much gold in their bank the second a QS relic comes up for sale its gone for 10m

Lexington

Grandmaster
right, which is why we need more gold sinks.... everyone has so much gold in their bank the second a QS relic comes up for sale its gone for 10m

Only the power gamers are super rich... those same people that are driving the prices up by controlling the market.

Swayze

Grandmaster
Yah I suggested too in that thread to combine ps's. Bad thing is we have no way in telling what will be takin. Adam or Shane doesn't reply to these suggestion post.

Actually, he has replied multiple times in this thread.

Yeah people grind those damn champ spawns like no other.
We need some sort of trade in system for powerscrolls, the raffle idea is nice that we can do.

Lowering the drop rates on scrolls may be an option too.
IMO making eggs/relics more obtainable is not the correct path to take however.

Yeah that's the tough part. I agree as well.

I think just making more raffles for the Powerscrolls will be the answer.

FrogX

Expert
I wanted to create a thread to discuss the current market. As is stands right now 105, 110, 115 powerscrolls are essentially useless. There is little to no market for them. The only 120 scroll worth over a mill is a 120 taming and 120 lore. Every other 120 scroll is 200k-700k if you are lucky. Now I understand this is what happens when there are just so many scrolls out on the market but I feel something needs to change. I know there was talk of powerscrolls having a decay timer on them which I think would solve this issue so I wanted to get peoples opinions on this.

Dono wearables are like a car, the second you click accept it lost anywhere from 10-30% of its value. Why is this? Are these items priced too high on the dono vender?

When it comes to pet relics, I don't really see a solution here. Supply and demand is the reason why we have pet relics that are $11 million. Heck, we might not even need a solution here but its odd to me that some meta dexxer relics cant even sell. You would think there are more meta dexxers than meta tamers so shouldn't the demand be higher? Is the quest too difficult? Do meta pet relics drop too little and meta dexxer relics drop too much? Something to discuss.

The market today just seems very out of whack to me but maybe it is just me. Discuss.

Rarity aside, they are going to be worth less now that so many people already are at 120. When there weren't so many crafters at 120, paying out the yin yang for a powerscroll made sense because it gave you something not many people had. Right now even if they made them a lot more rare, there is only so much that I'm willing to pay for something that so many people already have.

It seems to me most of the people who are upset about the PS market crashing are the ones who bought or used them when they were at a market high. If this applies to you: Why should I have to pay just as much to catch-up as you paid to get ahead?

Also the staff has discussed having raffles where you can trade in powerscrolls for draws, which seems like a great idea to me!

RAVE GL

Master
Yeah people grind those damn champ spawns like no other.
We need some sort of trade in system for powerscrolls, the raffle idea is nice that we can do.

Lowering the drop rates on scrolls may be an option too.
IMO making eggs/relics more obtainable is not the correct path to take however.

more raffles? more opportunity to sell dono is what I'm hearing. Certainly not the answer I wanted to hear and quite upset about it.

Swayze

Grandmaster
more raffles? more opportunity to sell dono is what I'm hearing. Certainly not the answer I wanted to hear and quite upset about it.

He meant the powerscroll raffles.

There has been 1 already. You could trade in a 105 for 1 entry, a 110 for 2 entries, a 115 for 3 entries and a 120 for 4 entries. It is an awesome idea. When they had that raffle going on, you couldn't buy a 105 scroll for less then 35k.

It increased the lower end ones and removed some 120 scrolls from the game.

You guys talk about an idea of the powerscrolls decaying, which might sound like a good idea and would help with inflation, but that just give people more of a reason to not do champs. As statted, people aren't very happy to see 105 carpentry in their bag or 110 tailoring etc. They do not go for anything except for the chance at the next raffle. I don't here anyone in TS excited about any of their scrolls except when they get any 120s or 115 taming. Put a decay on it and they will hate getting a 105 carpentry even more. It's a very rare chance to getting anything valuable and worth it. Yes, making the scrolls decay would up their value, but not enough to make champs worth it.

Swayze

Grandmaster
Great points. I think if they do decay, they need to go parallel with a PS raffle.

Since there would be less PS's available the price for 105s would increase if someone needed it knowing it will decay unless they use it. So you could then make the choice to sell it for gold or if its about to decay, you could put it in the raffle.

Status
Not open for further replies.