Taming is slow?

Yoko Kurama

Master
So I'm following the advice to add peacemaking (which I assume also requires music?) and I'm wondering what skills I can get away with reducing to make room for it... Animal lore? Anatomy? Meditation?
I would drop resist and eval. Anatomy, lol why do you even have that!
magery gm
taming
lore gm
vet 90+
peace 90+
music gm
med 80+
eval 25+
just roll with those type of skills until you are done with taming.

Xiulan

Master
Anatomy, lol why do you even have that!

Probably because

bc75b955f736ac0cb29ee79aee4bf206103945487a1449dcecdc993d688f1cc1.jpg

Bromista

Grandmaster
Skip lore. Skip vet.

Seriously just forget about those skills and grind taming til you're done. IT'S WORTH IT.

Magery and med are most important, obviously. Wrestling comes right behind IMO.

Behind that it doesn't much matter how you break up your skill points as long as they are invested in helpful skills. Hiding, resist, eval...whatever. Just make sure they are useful skills to your build.

No reason to have any less than GM music and peace it takes next to nothing to macro.

Bromista

Grandmaster
I don't mean to sound rude but it should be pretty obvious which skills you'd want and which you wouldn't. Use anything that will help you fight or defend yourself! Anything at all.

You could roll a dexer tamer and kill your tames with a sword if you wanted to, the choice is truly up to you :)

Xiulan

Master
I think some of you have been playing so long you've forgotten how cryptic and convoluted all of this can seem to newcomers.

Bromista

Grandmaster
I suppose so.

Magery skills are more versatile. Those tend to be the go-to for tamers but it obviously takes some knowledge and resources to make use of. Important thing is to do whatever you feel familiar with and train up some kind of defense/offense early on. I did it as I trained. Start taming one creature and punching and casting on another. It works. Training some magery or combat skills early on will be a big help down the road.