Taming/Dexterity

I haven't used a tamer for many years in ultima online but I remember something about having so much dexterity as a tamer maybe I'm wrong but it just crossed my mind can anyone shed any light on this for me ?? Thanks :)

Moosebish

Apprentice
As I understand, DEX has zero effect on bandage time for vetting.

This wouldn't be hard to test. Raising dex temporarily to 100 should only take a bit. I can do it on my lunch break... for science. If someone doesn't chime in, i'll report back with the official word.

ProdigyOsi

Grandmaster
Well it does now. Just aid, watch the timer, then chug an blue pot and aid again.

this may have been introduced with the changes that made regular healing a set timer instead of a variable timer (based on finger slips).

BEN!

Grandmaster
As I understand, DEX has zero effect on bandage time for vetting.

This wouldn't be hard to test. Raising dex temporarily to 100 should only take a bit. I can do it on my lunch break... for science. If someone doesn't chime in, i'll report back with the official word.

or ya could drink a blue pot? i use em all the time w tamer it takes 1+ second off timer

turn on bandage timer.. at 25 dex it takes somewhere near 6 sec after pot it goes off around 4

Last edited by a moderator:

Bromista

Grandmaster
Yes dex has impacted bandage timers for as long as I can remember. At least for the last two years.

I think the biggest problem was Halygon posted some misinformation about that and people took it as gospel without testing it for themselves.

Along with misinformation about permanently bumping skill cap with powerscrolls, swing speed calculations based on dex, etc, etc.

That pesky Halygon. Blame him. Blame him for all of it!

TheFallen

Grandmaster
At lower levels stats will effect your shown Taming a fair bit. This number is what is used when determining the success chance of a tame attempt. However to bond a creature you need the real skill to be at the minimum to attempt to tame the mob. Due to most desirable creatures requiring 93.9 (Dragon) or more to bond the amount that dex effects at this level is negligible.