TALISMAN TRAINNING SPOT

dobber

Grandmaster
I personally witness a few mages level their talisman totally legit. It is not hard just takes time and some brains.

wreckognize

Grandmaster
Mages don't need any buffs. They already have the advantage in almost every aspect of the game except top damage at arch demon without slayer books.

I see what you are saying here, mages are burst damagers yes and not supposed to be able to compete with dexers for dps in regular gameplay, yes i understand this

BUT for the arch deamon it is very different because it's the only viable source for hunting meta relics, which are for mages and dexers, (just not tamers.they have their own relics and places to get them so get them the F out of arch deamon room already)

So it should be fair for magers and dexies and based on skill/talent to get the top spot there. The arch deamon brings the two classes together on an even playing field.

Hydrolysis

Apprentice
This thread is about blocking talisman leveling spots, if you have issues or bugs to report do it in the proper category.

I do not mean to offend/disrespect anyone, just do not distort the original target of this post.

dobber

Grandmaster
I see what you are saying here, mages are burst damagers yes and not supposed to be able to compete with dexers for dps in regular gameplay, yes i understand this

BUT for the arch deamon it is very different because it's the only viable source for hunting meta relics, which are for mages and dexers, (just not tamers.they have their own relics and places to get them so get them the F out of arch deamon room already)

So it should be fair for magers and dexies and based on skill/talent to get the top spot there. The arch deamon brings the two classes together on an even playing field.

everyone that does 1 point or more at the arch demon has equal chance at relic...top damage only matters for PS which are worthless anyway so this argument is not good. Plus dexxers die A LOT more easily at arch demon than mages. Mages can wall in dexxers to kill them and prevent them doing damage. Utterly rediculous how OP mages are and you want more for them.

wreckognize

Grandmaster
This thread is about blocking talisman leveling spots, if you have issues or bugs to report do it in the proper category.

I do not mean to offend/disrespect anyone, just do not distort the original target of this post.

FYI the arch deamon is the best way to level your talisman so it's entirely related. If tamers continue running the arch then it demoralizes dexies and mages and they wont do it.

If slayer books stay in it's also very demoralizing for players and I've witnessed a decline in their participation as of late.

but yes arch deamon is awesome talisman exp so get in there sport. IF the arch deamon gets fixed which should be a fast fix then there would be no reason to complain about puny talisman training location whatever that means.

wreckognize

Grandmaster
everyone that does 1 point or more at the arch demon has equal chance at relic...top damage only matters for PS which are worthless anyway so this argument is not good. Plus dexxers die A LOT more easily at arch demon than mages. Mages can wall in dexxers to kill them and prevent them doing damage. Utterly rediculous how OP mages are and you want more for them.

I can't say for sure that the chance to get the relic or powerscroll is equal if you get top damage or not, in my experience it seems that top damage has the best chance for both. It's the same exact system for dishing out both item types why would the chances be different?

BUT in the case that you are correct, and relic chance is the same regardless of top damage or not, then why the hell would you care if mages could have a fair chance at getting top damage? are bragging rights really so important to you that you'd rather have the game mechanics be sided in your favor??

Mages don't stay alive as easily necessarily, dexers have the ability to manuver the arch deamon to different locations and get the mages killed fairly easily, incase you haven't noticed. I don't have a mage relic yet and always use a dexie to slay it and in six months since arch deamon appeared I've never been griefed by any mages in this manner successfully.

Afro Man

Grandmaster
Hello to all,

I am a new player and I came to play here with a brazillian guild.

Well, since I've been playing here. I've notice everyone has a talisman lvl10 and I was reaching level 10 as well in one of the "talisman trainning spots", but now staff has messed with it and blocked all talisman trainning spots.

So Let me ask you, why do you hate new players?

ALL OLD PLAYERS HAVE A LVL 10 TALISMAN BECAUSE THEY HAD THIS SPOT TO TRAIN. BUT NOT ME OR ANY NEW PLAYERS.

THIS IS NOT FAIR, THIS IS RACISM AGAINST NEW PLAYERS. WHY CANT WE TRAIN OUR TALISMAN LIKE EVERYONE ELSE?????????

@Shane @Liberty @halygon
Just find a new way to exploit .......... Its what all the super rich do.. most of the time GM's don't give a rats ass unless it is leaked onto the forums

dobber

Grandmaster
FYI the arch deamon is the best way to level your talisman so it's entirely related. If tamers continue running the arch then it demoralizes dexies and mages and they wont do it.

If slayer books stay in it's also very demoralizing for players and I've witnessed a decline in their participation as of late.

but yes arch deamon is awesome talisman exp so get in there sport. IF the arch deamon gets fixed which should be a fast fix then there would be no reason to complain about puny talisman training location whatever that means.

Arch demon is not very good at leveling talisman because you need to be targetted by the arch demon to gain any experience for a dexxer and with multiple people at arch demon, it is rare that you get attacked by him. Yes, if you get lucky enough to be the only person at arch demon (which I have only once) you will get ***** loads of exp. By the way, since the OP hasn't even stated the exploit he was using I don't feel bad about hijacking his post for this duscussion.

wreckognize

Grandmaster
Just find a new way to exploit .......... Its what all the super rich do.. most of the time GM's don't give a rats ass unless it is leaked onto the forums

Afroman I don't believe that is the truth at all. SMH. It's the forums where they normally have to find out about problems, because people hide their trade secrets so well.

I certainly wouldn't jump to the conclusion that staff doesn't care about balance on their shard, especially when the factual evidence before you suggests otherwise. IE the blocking walls in wonderland wherever this thread is about.

Don't fret new guys, you will catch up eventually.

wreckognize

Grandmaster
Arch demon is not very good at leveling talisman because you need to be targetted by the arch demon to gain any experience for a dexxer and with multiple people at arch demon, it is rare that you get attacked by him. Yes, if you get lucky enough to be the only person at arch demon (which I have only once) you will get ***** loads of exp. By the way, since the OP hasn't even stated the exploit he was using I don't feel bad about hijacking his post for this duscussion.

For some reason it seemed as though my experience was actually gaining at arch deamon even though he was clearly attacking someone else. I'm not sure why. One reason may be that his AOE ward attacks could be considered aggro on you even if you aren't taking the melee damage?

Ive only recently been tracking talisman experience gains, it took me a while to realize that mobs needed to be aggroed on you to get any exp tbh. (search my post about my archer who uses pets to tank not gaining nearly as fast as my swordsman using one handed weapons, and me thinking it was because of weapon speed lol) But you make a good point about mages not necessarily getting the best exp at the arch deamon.

Afro Man

Grandmaster
Afroman I don't believe that is the truth at all. SMH. It's the forums where they normally have to find out about problems, because people hide their trade secrets so well.

I certainly wouldn't jump to the conclusion that staff doesn't care about balance on their shard, especially when the factual evidence before you suggests otherwise. IE the blocking walls in wonderland wherever this thread is about.

Don't fret new guys, you will catch up eventually.
Don't get me wrong they do fix problems but they don't take all the stuff that people had gained from there bad deeds

Hydrolysis

Apprentice

This shard incentive players to exploit instead let them play happily, very sad mechanic

Afro Man

Grandmaster
This shard incentive players to exploit instead let them play happily, very sad mechanic
Dude this really happens on all games that take time. People just want to take short cuts to get the best things in the game. and in UOF's case there are many ways to cheat.....and many ways to be a legit player. You just have to pick are you going to be a worthless scumbag that cheats or a true player that play's the way the game is intended

wreckognize

Grandmaster

Don't get me wrong they do fix problems but they don't take all the stuff that people had gained from there bad deeds

except they did to bradley so I'm not sure this is entirely accurate.

Please remember given that it's a free to play server that it costs money and takes time to investigate things, time which sometimes is needed to be spent with a wide variety of other issues, like in game pages, other bugs, development, mechanic changes and content updates. Surely these guys deserve a little more credit for their overall time management given the population in a sea of underpopulated freeservers.

Afro Man

Grandmaster
except they did to bradley so I'm not sure this is entirely accurate.

Please remember given that it's a free to play server that it costs money and takes time to investigate things, time which sometimes is needed to be spent with a wide variety of other issues, like in game pages, other bugs, development, mechanic changes and content updates. Surely these guys deserve a little more credit for their overall time management given the population in a sea of underpopulated freeservers.
So how would we know if Bradley or anyone else has had anything taken from them for cheating?

Zagan

Expert
everyone that does 1 point or more at the arch demon has equal chance at relic...top damage only matters for PS which are worthless anyway so this argument is not good.
I'm not sure if that's true. I've noticed all of my relic drops where when I was one of the top 3 DD's, and Industrial gets top DD quite often, and I would say he gets the relic more often than most.

Hydrolysis

Apprentice
I'm not sure if that's true. I've noticed all of my relic drops where when I was one of the top 3 DD's, and Industrial gets top DD quite often, and I would say he gets the relic more often than most.

awwwwwwwwwwwwwww whys that????? AWWW HE HAS A LVL 10 TALISMAN AND DOES 200% DAMAGE EXTRA!!!! AWWWWWWWWWW HE ALWAYS GETS RELICS!!!!!!!! AWWWWWWWWWWW

THIS GAME IS SO FAIR!!! OMG !!!!

Thank you all for ruining NEW PLAYERS life ;)