tailor/smith bod timers

tankian

Grandmaster
i know there are a lot of people with more than 1 tailor/smith. they leave their non main chars at skill 70 and collect bods every 3 hrs, i think this sux. i think to obtain bods at a 3 hr interval u would need to be at least 120 skill and low lvl below 100 would be more like 9 hr wait, and 100-115 normal 6hr wait. that is the benefit to having a 120 legendary tailor or smith and not having 3 tailors or smiths abusing the bod times by leaving chars at skill 70 and collecting dozens of bods every day.

Netman

Journeyman
Actually this needs to be confirmed by staff only.

Default setting in runuo is as this.

Higher skill (above 70.1) means chance of LBOD,
below 70.1 no chance to obtain LBOD.

Which means you can obtain any kind of small bod every 3 hours @skill 70.0

Code:
                if ( theirSkill >= 70.1 && ((theirSkill - 40.0) / 300.0) > Utility.RandomDouble() )
                    return new LargeTailorBOD();

return SmallTailorBOD.CreateRandomFor( from );

tankian

Grandmaster
i think you can get all small bods just not the large, and most know the money is in the smalls as you get tier 1-5 bod cloth, 3 or more tailors at skill 70 getting bods every 3 hrs is alot od gold

Asan_Drakus

Grandmaster
Ahhh ok, I don't know much about BOD's. But if the small bods are where the money is.. this system definitely seems broken, and the OP's suggestions seem to make more sense to me.

Gedron

Master
<GM - 6 hrs
GM - 105 - 5 hrs
106 - 119 - 4 hrs
120 - 3 hrs

I think this would give great inventive to work your way up to legendary.

yourdaddy

Grandmaster
Nope. You. Are. WRONG.

I don't have access to script indeed, but I've add 3 tailors for some time, and I can totally confirm there's a point beyond which you start getting "good" bods.

I have a legendary tailor, à 71.0 tailor (3 hrs timer) and a 70.0 tailor (2 hrs timer). Legendary and 71 get almost the same BODs. But the 70.0 only gets lower end BODs, which is exactly why I locked the skill at this lvl. I haven't gotten anything beyond tier 3 with him.

Nihilism

Grandmaster
I'm gm, and continuously get tier 1-4 only. And Lbods galore, which I just trash. Worthless and a waste of time.
Do about 2 bod collects per day, have for just over 2 months. Zeroooooo t5 bods in that time. 0/120 or so.

tankian

Grandmaster
<GM - 6 hrs
GM - 105 - 5 hrs
106 - 119 - 4 hrs
120 - 3 hrs

I think this would give great inventive to work your way up to legendary.
i think this is good idea but less than 100 should be on a 9 hr timer and maybe 105-114 be on the 5hr and 115-119 4hr and 120 3hr timer. the reason is 105/110 tailor power scrolls are still cheap

Gedron

Master
i think this is good idea but less than 100 should be on a 9 hr timer and maybe 105-114 be on the 5hr and 115-119 4hr and 120 3hr timer. the reason is 105/110 tailor power scrolls are still cheap

Aye. I'd like to see this or some variation thereof implemented.

StarBaby

Grandmaster
BOD timer should be 6 hours strait across the board.
The increase in success rate is incentive enough to go for legiondary.

But, I do think there should be a bone vendor... or at lease let us recycle bone armor. or make it so that mib bones can also be cut up..

Last edited by a moderator:

yourdaddy

Grandmaster
Timers can stay as they are, just change the % of chances of getting higher BODs at low lvl. And btw it's legendary, not legionary ;-)

Gedron

Master
Timers can stay as they are, just change the % of chances of getting higher BODs at low lvl. And btw it's legendary, not legionary ;-)

Legionary tailors! Bow before the SPQR!

I am still in favor of lower bod timers. I find it kind of silly people have to create multiple crafters to farm bods. Remove that need so they can create other characters... for me to pk huehueheehehuehe

yourdaddy

Grandmaster
It's not like we're lacking character slots honestly... I have a tamer (well... -ish)/bard, a dexxer, a main crafter, a tank mage, a thief (with tailoring!) and a last char with nothing but tailoring. I don't know what else could I want. And if I did, I would have to delete one of my tailor so there's a price to pay for having that many BODs.