Survival Event Rewards Have Been Distributed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nihilism

Grandmaster
Bueno said:
Charlie said:
Are you basing rewards off current standings or based on the original 2 week deadline that was posted?

There was no two week deadline. The event master says two weeks "at the least" before you do the event. It says "approximately two weeks" after you do the event.

Regardless. It's a good question considering it was many weeks for people to get plenty of homework done to blow by the initial people from the proposed 2 weeks.

Nihilism said:
Bueno said:
Charlie said:
Are you basing rewards off current standings or based on the original 2 week deadline that was posted?

There was no two week deadline. The event master says two weeks "at the least" before you do the event. It says "approximately two weeks" after you do the event.

Regardless. It's a good question considering it was many weeks for people to get plenty of homework done to blow by the initial people from the proposed 2 weeks.

The top score was done less than two days beyond 2 weeks.

S

Shane

powerful wizard said:
Nihilism said:
Bueno said:

The top score was done less than two days beyond 2 weeks.

We were going to give the reward to the original team before the two weeks ended if it indeed say (2 weeks). If it said (Approximately two weeks) both teams would of won it.

However i think one of the teams have gone elsewhere so only one team will get it now.

Gore

Adept
Nihilism said:
Bueno said:
Charlie said:

What homework could we have done? You can only do the event once per account... 2 accounts = you can only do it twice. We tried it once... took our time and still beat it in 39 mins. Then we did it right after and beat the best score by 5 mins. I'm sorry that we are the best pvmers out there :(.

FAMARA

Grandmaster
Gore said:
What homework could we have done? You can only do the event once per account... 2 accounts = you can only do it twice. We tried it once... took our time and still beat it in 39 mins. Then we did it right after and beat the best score by 5 mins. I'm sorry that we are the best pvmers out there :(.

two days would have made all the difference in the world for us, we didnt even have the same 5 people on for our second run, we had people doing it for their first time, our teamspeak messed up, and most importantly we had to RUSH to do it because, we wanted to make sure we had it done within the 2 week time limit.

raezion420

Apprentice
Shane said:
We were going to give the reward to the original team before the two weeks ended if it indeed say (2 weeks). If it said (Approximately two weeks) both teams would of won it.

However i think one of the teams have gone elsewhere so only one team will get it now.

Yes, one person left the server on the team.

Yes, I am going to be quitting almost completely.

I still wanted my rewards, to do with as I see fit. Seeing as how I earned it.

The dungeon master says the top teams will be rewarded. I take that to mean the top 3 at most and top 2 at least.

If you go by the first few weeks deadline, my guild mates would have got first and third. If going by the end right now, we would still get second.

It is not fair to not give everyone on the winning teams their items, because one person went somewhere else, and the other is almost completely quitting.

Bueno

Neophyte
FAMARA said:
two days would have made all the difference in the world for us, we didnt even have the same 5 people on for our second run, we had people doing it for their first time, our teamspeak messed up, and most importantly we had to RUSH to do it because, we wanted to make sure we had it done within the 2 week time limit.

From magical man's locked whine thread: (found here)

I love how for more then well over 2 weeks my team held 1st place in the dungeon crawl, are you guys to lazy or whats the deal because today there is a new score and i kind of find that lame as hell seeing how its past its date as an event and people are still able to compete. If I would have known this I wouldn't even take part. I had first place, the event technically should have ended and I called horse shit. lol Team magical <3

So first you guys had 1st place for well over two weeks. Now that it suits you, you had to scramble to get your score in at the last second? Sounds like you're lying to make it seem like the extra 2 days mattered.

Gore

Adept
FAMARA said:
Gore said:

LOL. We beat your score by over 5 minutes. Which is night and day in this event. We did the event 2 times in a row. I wasn't in the beta testing like I heard magical man was... so if anything you guys should've had a leg up on everyone else. You guys lost and are sore about it. The event has been up for the past what... 2 months? No one has beaten our score.

eric_azria

Grandmaster
Gore said:
The event has been up for the past what... 2 months? No one has beaten our score.

Tread carefully. Logic such as this does not translate well with lesser forms of intelligence.

eric_azria

Grandmaster
FAMARA said:
Gore said:

We did our runs within 5 mins of eachother. This is irrelevant. The only reason being that it took us that long to actually get 4 people on at the same time.

Alan

Apprentice
All right I've thought about this a lot. Next time, I will be sure to be very very explicit indeed.

So here is what I have decided. We will be resetting the dungeon crawl event to allow both teams the opportunity to run the dungeon crawl again as a tie breaker. As I understand it, one team may have participants who do not play on UO Forever any longer. In that case we will lower the number of maximum participants.

Members of each of the top 2 teams please PM me indicating how many participants you will be able to get together for this. Once I have that all figured out I will set it up so you can do the run at any time you are available (but within a week after it starts).

Gore

Adept
I won't be home till about 5 am eastern. Could probably run it Sunday if all of our guys are on. But I'm more than happy to run it again.

Status
Not open for further replies.