Suggestion: relook at throwing pots

Streets

Grandmaster
I am not saying nerf it to the ground but come on with minimal skill it's guaranteed damage!

Arrows miss, can not be fired on the move, are effected by armor

Spells can't be cast while moving effected by spell resist

Dexer damage mitigated by armor can miss

Now purple pots: can be thrown while running (backwards running from opponent no less) with a proper macro will never miss is ranged attack has no mitigation from armor or skills can be used with another weapon equiped, can not be out ran, can hit like a truck if alchemist

khajja

Master
streets, does your 'proper macro' weave purple pots seamlessly into your spell casts? or does it use the purple, pause, then throw after x milliseconds? if it's the former, that's REALLY cool and I'd love to see how you did it! if it's the latter, consider all the actions it is preventing you from taking and recognize that this is a trade-off.

Streets

Grandmaster
streets, does your 'proper macro' weave purple pots into your spell casts? or does it use the purple, pause, then throw after x milliseconds? if it's the former, that's REALLY cool and I'd love to see how you did it! if it's the latter, consider all the actions it is preventing you from taking and recognize that this is a trade-off.

Most are 2 stage macros.

Stage 1 arm pot
Stage 2 throw pot target last target

So you can easily weave. It's only 2 button presses very low skill

khajja

Master
streets, you silly boy. if you have to hit the macro at the right time, it is YOU that misses or hits, not the macro!

Streets

Grandmaster
Right that's what I am saying they never miss lol that's a little over powering don't you think? Does a dexer ever miss? Umm yea .... does an archer ever mos? OMG hell yea.... does magery ever miss? Can be 100% resisted that's pretty much a miss... now purple grenades... do they ever miss? FUCK NO!! They are not missed, can be used on the run, can't mitigate their damage in any way with armor or resist... how is that balanced?

thestand

Grandmaster
You're wrong. People do miss. Even great players miss pots. You can also run the pot back into them so it hits them. You can cut corners breaking line of sight and the pot explodes on your enemy. You can cast mini heal and chug a heal pot which will negate the dmg of a GM alchemists pot. If you put healing on your char you could heal on the run. The main thing is you need to move/react fast/faster then the person trying to kill you.

Streets

Grandmaster
Same can be said about line of sight with archer and magery non of them can be used on the fly. My point is pots need either armor or magic resist mitigation to be balanced along with all other damage dealing abilities anyone who disagrees just wants to continue to abuse the mechanic

K A Z

Grandmaster
unfair advantage? Last time I checked everyone can throw them, so I'm not sure where it's an unfair advantage ?

Streets

Grandmaster
unfair advantage? Last time I checked everyone can throw them, so I'm not sure where it's an unfair advantage ?
The mechanic is unfair. There is no real way to mitigate the damage. Armor, resist, interupt.

Yes you can run arround a corner but you can do that to a mage dexer archer etc that's not a defendable argument that is exclusive to pots. There is no swing timer other than throwing one at a time.

If magery was here and no resist people would want balance. If armor gave no protection from physical attacks people would want balance.

K A Z

Grandmaster
The mechanic is unfair. There is no real way to mitigate the damage. Armor, resist, interupt.

Yes you can run arround a corner but you can do that to a mage dexer archer etc that's not a defendable argument that is exclusive to pots. There is no swing timer other than throwing one at a time.

If magery was here and no resist people would want balance. If armor gave no protection from physical attacks people would want balance.

Run the pot into the thrower, stay next to some mobs and let the dmg splash.. there are so many ways to lower the dmg dealt from explopots.. try to heal yourself for a change ? Carry gheal pots... Have you tried to use explopots yourself?

Streets

Grandmaster
but spells and arrows only seldomly explode in your own face, do they ?

Maybe that would need to be adjusted too?
Lower the self damage on explosions?

True magic does not blow up but does fizzle

Don't even start me on archery, I seen people naturally regenerate health faster then arrows fire (ok not really but archery is horrible for its own reason)

thestand

Grandmaster
What is your main pvp template streets? Without alchemy everyone would be playing tank mages and heal mages. I get it. Some people like that. For the rest of us there is also the option of alchemy.

K A Z

Grandmaster
Maybe that would need to be adjusted too?
Lower the self damage on explosions?

True magic does not blow up but does fizzle

Don't even start me on archery, I seen people naturally regenerate health faster then arrows fire (ok not really but archery is horrible for its own reason)

why? If the pot explodes in your face (if you fail to throw it or throw it to early and run over it) it should deal dmg to yourself. It's a huge risk - eat somebody elses pot and your own and you're more or less dead. Spells also don't fizzle unless you don't have GM magery (4 hours of macroing) or are constantly trying to kill your enemy with summon earth elemental.

Young Star

Grandmaster
A couple thoughts:

*Getting damaged causes finger slip, pot needs to be "picked up" again from pack to throw.

*Target's armor effects damage dealt.

*increase use cool down to match swing speed of xbow or heavy xbow. (you should not be able to throw faster than archers cab fire arrows.)

Streets

Grandmaster
Why? Because every other aspect is based of random number generators... hit/miss, cast/resist just seams total out of whack to me. As for fizzles even at gm you can fizzle energy vortex happy to me quite often unless casting from scrolls. As for do I have an alchemist? Of umm yea as soon as i seen what they can do even on old osi shards with double and triple pot macros they where tough :)

Pvp though we have 3 accounts at our disposal I think we all have pretty much all templates covered or if not we can [templates so that's not the issue... but to be honest my favorite class in any game is an archer type. Not that's viable here for pvp but if I could I would

K A Z

Grandmaster
or maybe we could just not listen to suggestions from people who are lacking basic understanding of this game and/or have never PVPed in their UO career?