Stun punch doesn't completely freeze target?

besttherewas

Grandmaster
Given stun is the most effective and widely used ability for solo pvp to zergs I was thinking a small change:

Instead of completely freezing the target, it should allow players the ability to swing back - both melee and fists.

Thoughts?

wreckognize

Grandmaster
i think that may make archery a pretty good choice over other melee skills if that is the case.

a good alternative might be to be able to walk but not run while stunned?? that way proper positioning becomes more important when syncing a stunned target, might be a good fix for the sheer overpoweringness of stun zergs

not sure if it's possible you'd need to ask @Adam or @eppy if that can even be done

aIck

Grandmaster
it used to be that you can swing your weapon or still punch while stunned
Oh, when was that changed?

At least archers were able to shoot at you even while stunned and no sane mage stands next to a dexer even when said dexer is stunned, but yea, if that was changed no can do.

Jani

Grandmaster
If you ever make stun worse, please remove 2 handed weapon pots throwing ability as well. Dexxers are already so good on UOF. Heavy armor barely gives any dex loss and you can throw purples with 2 handed weapons. Also they boosted axe damages.

There is no reason to make stun worse. It would make non alchy mage stun templates completely useless in 1vs1 fights.

Blaine the Gypsy

Grandmaster
Paralyze - Cause (a person or part of the body) to become partly or wholly incapable of movement (UO with a Spell or Spear)
Stun - Knock unconscious or into a dazed or semiconscious state (UO with a Fist)
There is a huge difference.
However...
Concussion - Temporary unconsciousness caused by a blow to the head. The term is also used loosely of the aftereffects such as confusion or temporary incapacity (UO with a War Hammer BIG HEAVY weapon)
Note none of these were implemented when Lord British ruled as creator. It's not logical.

Messremb

Grandmaster
Paralyze - Cause (a person or part of the body) to become partly or wholly incapable of movement (UO with a Spell or Spear)
Stun - Knock unconscious or into a dazed or semiconscious state (UO with a Fist)
There is a huge difference.
However...
Concussion - Temporary unconsciousness caused by a blow to the head. The term is also used loosely of the aftereffects such as confusion or temporary incapacity (UO with a War Hammer BIG HEAVY weapon)
Note none of these were implemented when Lord British ruled as creator. It's not logical.

you are mixing up concussion and crushing blow, conc blow is with ax, crushing is with war hammer. though i think this only serves to make your point more strongly

Blaine the Gypsy

Grandmaster
you are mixing up concussion and crushing blow, conc blow is with ax, crushing is with war hammer. though i think this only serves to make your point more strongly
Oh I know it's with axes, but when would an axe give you a concussion unless you use it as a mace. Crushing blow... the logic is not here or ever was.

Arch Enemy

Grandmaster
Here's an idea: Make stun and para blow last only 2 seconds instead of the 3 or 4 that it currently is. Stuns/para blows last sooooo long on here it's an eternity. Why this server has a 3-4 second stun is beyond me. 2 seconds is plenty. When you have a big group vs another big group, 2 seconds is plenty of time to synch drop them. Only thing 3-4 second stun timers does is give the zerg group of 10 players that's chasing a solo player enough time for the rest of them to catch up and ebolt them once one person stuns them.

Last edited by a moderator:

VFingerDiscount

Grandmaster
That's a terrible idea. Stun is already nearly worthless in 1v1. At 2 seconds there's nothing you could cast before the person is forever running again.

Usually when there's people on both sides complaining about things then the balance is there already.

Arch Enemy

Grandmaster
That's a terrible idea. Stun is already nearly worthless in 1v1. At 2 seconds there's nothing you could cast before the person is forever running again.

Usually when there's people on both sides complaining about things then the balance is there already.

Even a 2 second stun is far from worthless in 1 v 1. The only thing you need to do is keep them from running while you're casting your finishing spell by stunning them. And even then if they don't die and and they're running redlined you've got explosion potions that lock on to them. I really don't see why you would need more than that.

Personally I'd really love to see an explanation of the reasoning from staff behind such a long stun/para blow timer, as I don't think there ever was one when this was implemented (but I could be wrong on that).

Also is there a changelog that shows stun duration being reduced from 4 to 3 seconds? Because I remember it was 4, and then someone told me it got reduced down to 3 but I never saw any patch notes or anything. Either way it's too long imo.

EDIT - Sorry to slightly derail the original topic, but to give my two cents I would like to see the ability to swing/punch while stunned. It would make archery slightly more viable in PvP while giving mages/dexers some chance of defense if the other person doesn't position themselves well and stands next to you while you're stunned.

Jani

Grandmaster
Here's an idea: Make stun and para blow last only 2 seconds instead of the 3 or 4 that it currently is. Stuns/para blows last sooooo long on here it's an eternity. Why this server is catering to terrible players who need a 3-4 second stun is beyond me. 2 seconds is plenty. When you have a big group vs another big group, 2 seconds is plenty of time to synch drop them. Only thing 3-4 second stun timers does is give the zerg group of 10 players that's chasing a solo player enough time for the rest of them to catch up and ebolt them once one person stuns them.
This won't work. People will just run and u wont have a chance killing anyone 1vs1 who knows how to play with 2 sec stun, especially without alchemy. I don't see what is wrong with 4 sec stun. It feels like it always was?

Why you can throw purples with 2 handed weapons? why dex penalty is so small? If parablow was so good, why most of the factions dexxer aren't fencers? Making stun worse would really make it unbalanced.

Shini

Master
ZzZzZzZzZz ...

One thing that you really don't wanna add is redline stam lost , that would just be so silly ... right ? (✿¬‿¬)

Jeez.

Arch Enemy

Grandmaster
This won't work. People will just run and u wont have a chance killing anyone 1vs1 who knows how to play with 2 sec stun, especially without alchemy.

I don't want to keep derailing this thread so this will be the last thing I say about it, but if someone doesn't run right from the start and is actually somewhat willing to fight you, you can kill them 1 v 1 with a 2 second stun, it shouldn't be that hard to believe since that's *always* been the length of stun for as long as I've known. This server is the only server I've ever heard of that's actually increased the duration.

Parablow is so good, but people don't realize it. I'd be much more afraid of fighting a fencer that is going to freeze me for 4 seconds straight all the time than fighting a macer that I can just chug refresh pots through and gheal inbetween hits. Especially when there's a chance for a back to back para blow. Frozen for 8 seconds? Yeah you're pretty much dead.