Stats Impact on skills?

Artist

Stats Impact on skills on UO forever?

do they have any at all? for exemple if i have higher dex do i have a best chance to hide? or snoop ?

Regards
Artist

Yoko Kurama

Master
Early on, your displayed skill/compared to real skill, will show as higher with the stats, but it doesn't mean anything...having a displayed skill doesn't give you any benefit, whereas the real skill is what you are looking at.

I know higher dex makes your healing and veterinary bandages apply faster. I do not think dex has an impact on any other skills. It will not give you a higher chance to hide, stealth, snoop or steal. I don't think strength or INT have a direct impact either but I could be wrong about that.

halygon

Grandmaster
Early on, your displayed skill/compared to real skill, will show as higher with the stats, but it doesn't mean anything...having a displayed skill doesn't give you any benefit, whereas the real skill is what you are looking at.
Displayed skill is what your actions/spells are based off of. So if you require 70 magery to cast a spell, and your real skil is 65 but your displayed is 70, you can cast the spell. The stats are made to offset the skills by a small percentage and that percentage progressively gets smaller as your actual skill nears 100.0.

Outside of skill increasing, stats also affect:

• Melee damage (Str)
  • Melee swing speed (Dex)
  • Stamina (Dex)
  • HP (Str)
  • Mana (Int)
  • Mind Blast spell damage (Str, Dex, Int)
  • Bandage Application Time (Dex)
  • Backpack Storage (Str)