Staff Mass Handouts + Players that miss them

Blaine the Gypsy

Grandmaster
Random Idea
Create an NPC to give and flag an account like (or as) a Conquest. Having people that have played within the last 3 months an option to get the item(s). This way people can claim without paging. Of course make sure it's not abused in some fashion... There would be no more "I went to poop and I missed the handout"-(True Stroy from someone I can't remember)

This would allow that time period to claim back 3 months per reward. When they could just say [conquests and they'd get the prizes put on.

I know that when you do a handout it could be to all online players, but now it's time to give some love to people who just missed it (happens so much).
@eppy @Shane @Adam

Last edited by a moderator:

Bromista

Grandmaster
+1 to moar handouts (within reason, it has been a minute since we had one tho)

They did the ring and candle of forgiveness as an online/offline handout once we know they can do it again! Of course only some handouts should be server-wide. Maybe like one in four or five? But there could be more emphasis on a small chance for a rare version...which is also something they have toyed with the: handouts. I mean you gotta do something like that no matter how you play it, NPC or GUMP or instant pack placement.

Was the candle and ring done while the server was down? Might mean there's a better way if that's what it takes to go straight to all packs. I know it was some time after the revert and before three accounts but I don't remember if we logged in with those items or they came later.

Blaine the Gypsy

Grandmaster
That's why it would be a time period going back however long before that last server save. It would just calculate in some Vulcan code... that the Borg screwed up...
[Tired and no gold makes no sense.] Coin enhancement needed *Blaine's rumbling like thunder*

Volco

Master
I hope there wasn't a holiday reward for Monday. I farmed for about 13 hours before logging off. I'd hate to have been an active player punished for not afking at the top of WBB :p

kurtis

Grandmaster
I don't see this as a productive use of staff resources. If someone misses a handout then....just live without it. Or if it really is that cool, then fork over some extra gold and buy one. Even for an online-only handout, immediately after the handout the item sells for pretty damn cheap because they are still so plentiful at that time. I can't really get behind devoting staff resources to improving the handout system when there are so many other things that they could do with their time. I'm not trying to be a dick but I see this sort of thing being at the very bottom of a priority list if it's on the list at all.

Alana

Apprentice
I dunno handouts are only special when only the people online got them. Also helps drives economy. Otherwise it is just more sparkling shit on empty plots.

drasked

Grandmaster
I dunno handouts are only special when only the people online got them. Also helps drives economy. Otherwise it is just more sparkling shit on empty plots.

You mean only the people that leave their shit on 24/7 or play mainly in a US timezone?

Blaine the Gypsy

Grandmaster
Give it a 12 hour time to claim the prize so if the player tapped out and said screw it and logged out instead of waiting.
So last logged in time. Within 12 hours from reward issued. Pick up the prize via menu (As long as you logged within that time span so it would be logged.)
So it gives time for world save/crash

Bromista

Grandmaster
My router used to need rebooted every six hours. Even bricked it doing a factory reset somehow and had to call and pay to have them fix my shit remotely. The problem persisted and it was a real inconvenience. I missed most handouts.

One day, over a year and a half later and for no apparent reason, it started working the way it's supposed to and I haven't missed a handout since.

Most of the handouts have been pretty meh anyway.

Modus

Master
It is good as it is.

The only thing that could be changed is a having an eye on the european players, it is very late at night when the handouts take place,
would it maybe be possible to have a US and a EU handout with a ~12h delay ? (people who got the handout at US time cant participate at EU time)