Solving the So-Called PK Crisis

exince

Grandmaster
Are u really discussing pvp incentives?

What about:
- stop ganking?
- stop cheating/scripting?

Sorry.. i know.. very provocative... but can u really complain about the lack of pvp when 75% of the community is green to u? And the remaining 25% are tired of being ganked?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Reality

Expert
What you fail to realize is that trammies will be happy only with trammel. That's why they call 'em trammies.

The points you suggested would do nothing, there would still be tears all over the place. People are just too entitled

Yep, some people just feel too entitled at times, to be sure. This game is never the game for someone that doesn't want any PvP coming their way at all. The only way around that is to get on a complete carebear shard where PKs don't exist/aren't allowed.
Other than that, there's really no debate about allowing this type or that type of player anywhere, in my opinion. Red rules in-game govern their limitations well enough. The blues that are too ***** to ever fight back need to get a flame lit under their ass and do something, or just shut up, because they're not doing anything constructive about the problem, just whining the same old tune.
Please keep in mind that I only play blues right now, and am not a hardcore, elite PvPer. So, I'm no red railing against blue whining. I'm a blue telling the whining blues to grow some balls. That's it

Inflames

Master
@steve-o @Vorax

Vorax is correct, when I first started playing again me and @Inflames exclusively hunted reds, after 3-4 weeks I had 80-100 on multiple accounts (that got reset more than once) and inflames got the server first Bounty Hunter title. This wouldve been Nov/Dec 2014 that he got it.

He did not macro a single kill, and if you knew him at all you would know it is just something he would never do.

He also got his kills reset more than once, and still got it. Back then you could stat 10 reds in an hour sometimes. Now there is noone farming, and no pks running at all.

not only was i the first almost 2 years ago all i got was shit for it.
props to deriz couldnt of done it without ya bro the good ole days.

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
Probably the funnest UO times ive had since I was a kid. Before the big guild bs etc.

Our first week back on the server about a year and a half ago we fought a group of 10 REKT(your crew) and their tactic was to all drop EVs and then die to EQMS -- we never saw them again after that.

You were zerging before we came here -- you were just trash at it(as you were in the first and second CoM wars too).

Im not sure I am exactly a fan of this potential method of creating a fix I am about to propose, however I think it would work and would maintain some viability. It does not address any incentive to getting people to PvP, however, if you want to PvP, you dont need to be PvPing people who dont want to, or suck ass at it anyways right?

Implement a PvP Toggle that would allow you to become invulnerable to all PvP
  • Once flipped, the toggle must remain at its new setting for 24 hours
  • If you commit a criminal action, i.e. looting a blue corpse, your PvP toggle is flipped to make you vulnerable to PvP for 1 hour. Alternatively, you would not be able to commit any criminal action while youre toggled to NO PvP
  • If youre toggled to not allow PvP you cannot perform any beneficial act on someone toggled to allow PvP
  • Theives cannot opt out of PvP
  • Reds cannot opt out of PvP
  • Factions cannot opt out of PvP
  • Order/Chaos cannot opt out of PvP

Everyone who wants PvP action can still PvP. Reds will still have people to PK, though it will be less. If youre a PvMing blue that likes the PvP action, you can still have it.

As stated before, take your flaming elsewhere. I am sure there are some flaws in the system, but its a viable baseline to build off of.

snuggy

Expert
Im not sure I am exactly a fan of this potential method of creating a fix I am about to propose, however I think it would work and would maintain some viability. It does not address any incentive to getting people to PvP, however, if you want to PvP, you dont need to be PvPing people who dont want to, or suck ass at it anyways right?

Implement a PvP Toggle that would allow you to become invulnerable to all PvP
  • Once flipped, the toggle must remain at its new setting for 24 hours
  • If you commit a criminal action, i.e. looting a blue corpse, your PvP toggle is flipped to make you vulnerable to PvP for 1 hour. Alternatively, you would not be able to commit any criminal action while youre toggled to NO PvP
  • If youre toggled to not allow PvP you cannot perform any beneficial act on someone toggled to allow PvP
  • Theives cannot opt out of PvP
  • Reds cannot opt out of PvP
  • Factions cannot opt out of PvP
  • Order/Chaos cannot opt out of PvP

Everyone who wants PvP action can still PvP. Reds will still have people to PK, though it will be less. If youre a PvMing blue that likes the PvP action, you can still have it.

As stated before, take your flaming elsewhere. I am sure there are some flaws in the system, but its a viable baseline to build off of.

The people who PvP now will still PvP...and the blues get to be invulnerable. So this solves nothing other than giving blues freedom to farm anything at any time.

This is a Felucca server. If people weren't prepared to get raided every champ spawn so they can't buy anything in the game their first hour playing...they shouldn't have chose to invest their time in a Felucca server.

Here is a CRAZYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY suggestion that involves no staff intervening ...

USE VOICE COMMS. BE PREPARED TO DEFEND YOUR CHAMPION...

crazy, I know...but try it.

The people who PvP now will still PvP...and the blues get to be invulnerable. So this solves nothing other than giving blues freedom to farm anything at any time.

This is a Felucca server. If people weren't prepared to get raided every champ spawn so they can't buy anything in the game their first hour playing...they shouldn't have chose to invest their time in a Felucca server.

Here is a CRAZYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY suggestion that involves no staff intervening ...

USE VOICE COMMS. BE PREPARED TO DEFEND YOUR CHAMPION...

crazy, I know...but try it.

This thread is called "solving the so called PK crisis" Youre not doing anything to contribute to the spirit of the thread.

Inflames

Master
Our first week back on the server about a year and a half ago we fought a group of 10 REKT(your crew) and their tactic was to all drop EVs and then die to EQMS -- we never saw them again after that.

You were zerging before we came here -- you were just trash at it(as you were in the first and second CoM wars too).
just so you know im pretty sure he is refering to before we joined a big guild its not always about eqms.

snuggy

Expert
This thread is called "solving the so called PK crisis" Youre not doing anything to contribute to the spirit of the thread.

Just because someone makes a post with a certain topic, doesn't mean I have to agree and contribute to the idea. It's a stupid idea and a stupid thread for lazy people who want free gold on a PK/PvP server.

There is no "crisis" it's a bunch of entitled players who can't get 120 taming powerscrolls without any effort so they post here. EQMS isn't hunting every single farming spot, they hit MOTM and the highest tier mobs, check champs...then go back to zerging in no-cut. People just want free shit and they can't have it so they are throwing a tantrum.

and one thing I have said that has been ignored by bluebies several times over.

You get to do champion spawns throughout the day, I see it almost every time I log in around 12 PM CMT.

They don't get to do a champion whenever they feel like it (entitlement) so they come here to complain.

EQMS runs people off the server by incessantly posting on the forums and baiting people into replying, not by being reds.

They do nothing a red should not do on a Felucca server.

I don't think it's a red problem per-se.

It's a show some restraint/don't shit where you eat problem.
+1

half of these posts are people's egos hurt more than them not being able to play UO.

Darkarna

Grandmaster
Just because someone makes a post with a certain topic, doesn't mean I have to agree and contribute to the idea. It's a stupid idea and a stupid thread for lazy people who want free gold on a PK/PvP server.

Yet you have a vendor mall which is ooohhhh-soooooo trammy... There is a little tram in all of us and your observation that UOForever is a PK/PVP server is drastically flawed. UOForever has always been a server for any type of player, PVP, PK, PVM, Crafting, Treasure hunting, Sailing and role-playing etc etc, how incredibly boring would it be if this entire server turned to PVP only? If anything, this server wouldn't have even taken off if it wasn't for its wonderfully diverse player-base who dabble in all areas of Ultima Online's mechanics.

The new trend as of late is this rather bland, very dull use of the word 'ego' to describe someone who is not happy with something. Throughout the age of video games, anything remotely competitive such as FPS, strategy, tactical, anything PVP driven in-fact, you will find that the vast majority of combatants have the most largely, inflated heads amongst the gaming community. Why is this you may wonder? Well, a lot of it comes down to the fact that people who PVP have more to prove than someone who sits in a house crafting or someone killing monsters constantly. I mean, just a quick scan of these forums will provide ample evidence of people with egos the size of mount Everest and yes, the biggest percentage of these people are in fact, people who PVP.

Another thing that you mention is entitlement. Entitlement, another word that is thrown around here to describe people who want something that suits their gaming style, yet, when people mention that there is a Big Bad Red problem and come up with conclusions to somehow soften the problem, the forums implode with ego driven entitlement because said changes could potentially remove entitlement for red players.

To be honest, the contradiction, the hypocrisy, the new era of this servers life regarding player attitude has taken a substantial tumble into a very revolting, radioactive cesspit.

Xiulan

Master
Make it so everyone actually has a chance of winning a fight, regardless of their build, make the players rl skill and decision making decide over the outcome of fights not whether who is stuck with the better build for the fight. Just give everyone an equal chance and you'll see people will start liking pvp. Right now it's just way too much "Player versus Victim"

This. I'm new and play PvM, but I'd be down to give PvP a shot if there was at least *some* chance of winning. As things stand it seems pretty pointless and not particularly fun.

kurtis

Grandmaster
Gotta agree with girana and Bromista on this one. Trying to incentivize people who don't want to PvP is going to fail. The answer is not forcing the server to adopt a play style that you enjoy. And yeah, don't shit where you eat. I actually LoL when people create the same problems they are trying to solve. And then figure that the answer is to try to mold other people's play style.

snuggy

Expert
Yet you have a vendor mall which is ooohhhh-soooooo trammy... There is a little tram in all of us and your observation that UOForever is a PK/PVP server is drastically flawed. UOForever has always been a server for any type of player, PVP, PK, PVM, Crafting, Treasure hunting, Sailing and role-playing etc etc, how incredibly boring would it be if this entire server turned to PVP only? If anything, this server wouldn't have even taken off if it wasn't for its wonderfully diverse player-base who dabble in all areas of Ultima Online's mechanics.

The new trend as of late is this rather bland, very dull use of the word 'ego' to describe someone who is not happy with something. Throughout the age of video games, anything remotely competitive such as FPS, strategy, tactical, anything PVP driven in-fact, you will find that the vast majority of combatants have the most largely, inflated heads amongst the gaming community. Why is this you may wonder? Well, a lot of it comes down to the fact that people who PVP have more to prove than someone who sits in a house crafting or someone killing monsters constantly. I mean, just a quick scan of these forums will provide ample evidence of people with egos the size of mount Everest and yes, the biggest percentage of these people are in fact, people who PVP.

Another thing that you mention is entitlement. Entitlement, another word that is thrown around here to describe people who want something that suits their gaming style, yet, when people mention that there is a Big Bad Red problem and come up with conclusions to somehow soften the problem, the forums implode with ego driven entitlement because said changes could potentially remove entitlement for red players.

To be honest, the contradiction, the hypocrisy, the new era of this servers life regarding player attitude has taken a substantial tumble into a very revolting, radioactive cesspit.

Your self-inflating dialogue is sickening sometimes.

Your post MIGHTTTTTTT have had a point were reds running amuck and destroying everything...

but they aren't.

You have a bunch of people who don't want to play together and work as a team wanting their shot at 1-8 million gold.

So let's dissect your shit-post, shall we?

"There is a little tram in all of us and your observation that UOForever is a PK/PVP server is drastically flawed."

And what does "FELUCCA RULESET" mean to you? Last time I checked, no one is going to a Trammel ruleset for PvP. I believe there is even a warning box for new players letting you know how CUTTHROAT this game can be. The only thing that is drastically flawed are people who can't research the type of server they are playing on and chose to invest their time in a game where they can get trolled and never get to do anything.

"The new trend as of late is this rather bland, very dull use of the word 'ego' to describe someone who is not happy with something."

False, we are using the word "EGO" to describe someone who can't understand people will be better than them, and said people deserve more for doing more.

"you will find that the vast majority of combatants have the most largely, inflated heads amongst the gaming community. "

and what do PvPers have to do with anything ? nothing. you just typing to type because you love to read what you have to say. PvPers having huge egos does not detract from a bluebie's ego being directly tied to their ability to complete a champion spawn.

"Entitlement, another word that is thrown around here to describe people who want something that suits their gaming style, yet, when people mention that there is a Big Bad Red problem and come up with conclusions to somehow soften the problem, the forums implode with ego driven entitlement because said changes could potentially remove entitlement for red players. "

Tell me, what's more entitled;
1. people wanting things to stay the same so everyone can enjoy it as they always have....
2. a LOUD minority complaining to get play styles and mechanics changed because they want to sit on their asses and collect free gold?

And OBVIOUSLY if a playstyle is going to be changed, people are going to complain. That has nothing to do with being a PvPer, go look at any negative change to Metas/tamers and there are 1000x the amount of cry posts. That doesn't bring any validity or detract from it in any way...

So once again, you just typing to to type.

If it's about PvP, or running a server, or anything besides being a thief, you probably should just ... not reply.

snuggy

Expert
This. I'm new and play PvM, but I'd be down to give PvP a shot if there was at least *some* chance of winning. As things stand it seems pretty pointless and not particularly fun.

Don't listen to bluebies who have never PvPed and die on their tamer. :/

A good PvPer with a sub-par template will shit on anyone, A bad player with a good template only shits on newbies.

A majority of the mage "pkers" and "pvpers" (not all of you don't JUMP MY SHIT!!!!) only have 1 or 2 combos they use and if you can disrupt or heal they are screwed.

Asking to make every template viable in PvP would be impossible to balance, so most people have PvP characters and PvM characters.

Darkarna

Grandmaster
Your self-inflating dialogue is sickening sometimes.

Your post MIGHTTTTTTT have had a point were reds running amuck and destroying everything...

but they aren't.

You have a bunch of people who don't want to play together and work as a team wanting their shot at 1-8 million gold.

So let's dissect your shit-post, shall we?

"There is a little tram in all of us and your observation that UOForever is a PK/PVP server is drastically flawed."

And what does "FELUCCA RULESET" mean to you? Last time I checked, no one is going to a Trammel ruleset for PvP. I believe there is even a warning box for new players letting you know how CUTTHROAT this game can be. The only thing that is drastically flawed are people who can't research the type of server they are playing on and chose to invest their time in a game where they can get trolled and never get to do anything.

"The new trend as of late is this rather bland, very dull use of the word 'ego' to describe someone who is not happy with something."

False, we are using the word "EGO" to describe someone who can't understand people will be better than them, and said people deserve more for doing more.

"you will find that the vast majority of combatants have the most largely, inflated heads amongst the gaming community. "

and what do PvPers have to do with anything ? nothing. you just typing to type because you love to read what you have to say. PvPers having huge egos does not detract from a bluebie's ego being directly tied to their ability to complete a champion spawn.

"Entitlement, another word that is thrown around here to describe people who want something that suits their gaming style, yet, when people mention that there is a Big Bad Red problem and come up with conclusions to somehow soften the problem, the forums implode with ego driven entitlement because said changes could potentially remove entitlement for red players. "

1. people wanting things to stay the same so everyone can enjoy it as they always have....
2. a LOUD minority complaining to get play styles and mechanics changed because they want to sit on their asses and collect free gold?

And OBVIOUSLY if a playstyle is going to be changed, people are going to complain. That has nothing to do with being a PvPer, go look at any negative change to Metas/tamers and there are 1000x the amount of cry posts. That doesn't bring any validity or detract from it in any way...

So once again, you just typing to to type.

If it's about PvP, or running a server, or anything besides being a thief, you probably should just ... not reply.

Bravo to your very thought our response, I applaud you for taking the time to dissect my shit-post with the intentions of showing me what is what *very slow golf clap*. Unfortunately, everything stated was about as factual as it gets, but again, unfortunately, you lack to see past your own ideals what you perceive.

Are you that incredibly self-absorbed that you conclude that people are unable to read a few simple lines of text which educates them to what server facet they are playing? I would hazard a guess that nearly 99% of people who join this server have joined because they wish to experience the nostalgia of Ultima Online, the old package which provided a true sense of risk vs reward. Do you think I would have joined here if this had a Trammel rule-set? Do you remember the way Ultima Online used to be with thousands of players, perma-stat loss, no reds in town etc? You don't? If you are so much of a B4D455, accept the way Ultima Online used to be and stop defending Red Trammel...

False? You are either blind, ignorant, stupid, delusional or all of the previous. It is a common fact that PVP holds the greatest amount of ego-driven players throughout competitive gaming history, it has never changed and you are a PRIME example of that ego getting dented.

I love to read what I type, it reminds me how incredibly great I am, I mean, you are here trying your incredibly seasoned deductive skills, splashing out on your legendary typing skills and also, resorting to calling blue players *your targets which keep you afloat* Bluebies... Enough said..

Oh boo fucking hoo, you talk as if you are some saviour against something that WOULD impact your play style, I mean, let's talk about nerfing reds a little to compensate for the numbers WHICH Shane has already mentioned to becoming a problem and see how you puff ya chest out and not just you to be honest, but a lot of people who are programmed with that SELF-entitled belief that everyone else should get changes, but themselves.

If it's about PvP, or running a server, or anything besides being a thief, you probably should just ... not reply

Yes boss, I will certainly listen to someone who runs a vendor mall calling everyone bluebies and is a bad ass murderer who needs those BLUEBIES to shop at his mall..

Hahah what a joke.

lollo

Grandmaster
Today me and puffy wrecked havoc on all The blues Who were farming motm. Literally killed (and mostly ressed) 20+ people in one hour. Always in The same spots and not a single time The blues tried to group Up and defend themselves from TWO reds.

Tl;dr: ganks Are not The problem, shitty pvm blues Are