So this is what UO became?

jkg8787

Master
i kill tons of ppl and i rarly use explo pot

i prop got at least 2 pks in top10 counts
90+ % of kills from a PK are r.etarded newbie blues currently engaged in fighting a monster, probably already 50% hp and have never PvPed in their life.

So while I get what you're saying, your example really doesn't prove it.

girana

Grandmaster
90+ % of kills from a PK are r.etarded newbie blues currently engaged in fighting a monster, probably already 50% hp and have never PvPed in their life.

So while I get what you're saying, your example really doesn't prove it.

lol its no 90% newbies its mostly above avg players i kill

jkg8787

Master
lol its no 90% newbies its mostly above avg players i kill
Ok, I'll have to take your word for it.

More specifically what I meant was "just because one player doesn't need Explo Pots to kill does not mean they should be removed".

The same way I usually say Explo Potions are mandatory to get a kill 1v1 or I make suggestions about how to change PvP to cater to 1v1s and you've told me in the past that not everyone solo's and if I want to kill people I should just group up.

EVERYONE needs to think about playstyles other than their own. I need to think of how my ideas would effect group pvp, and people such as yourself should also think about how ideas would effect solo players as well as group. Not just say "sandbox MMO is about groups" and leave it at that.

Ranker

Master
Play UO since 1998, second age, edition with the cloth map!...

Lets talk about what matter!

I have one day character, with 100 life, 100 tactics, sword, parrying, anatomy and healing...

Im a PVM guy, love to explore... A few minutes ago, a guy, with no armor, no nothing just killed me, just about running arround and throwing great explosion potions... nothing more... so...

This is whats became UO??? Just make a GM alchemy and u r good to go with PVP???

I can remember in the original OSI UO... The potion timer is not so perfect like is this free shard... Just to avoid one single skill be so powerfull... So a warrior cant defeat a alchemy... because he cant touch the alchemist and the alchemist don need to cast the potion... just need to run about 4 seconds and throw the potion at you...

I love this game... but not what some free shards doing to it!

Because i dont hope the GMs will gonna change this HUGE BUG... im leaving this free shard!

Oh, yeh! The only thing you can do is "recall"... when you see a guy with explosion potions... run like a *****... because u can fight against everything, a warrior, a archer, a mage... but with a potion... ;)

I don't like purple pots myself, However this game does need more pvp and templates so its one of those things I don't complain about. No one is going to like everything about a game, so instead of complaining about something like this (which to me is not game breaking by any means) I just suck it up, something I wish more people could learn to do. Both pvpers and PvMers.

For all that is said, This IS the best UO server.

Last edited:

EvilAcid

Grandmaster
As an archer main. I say at least add the archery weapon abilities (moving shot, dismount) if not going to let archers chuck potions. I would even prefer that as its more fun to have unique abilities instead of just chucking damage.

Bobby123

Grandmaster
And everyone else will only die to 3+ people. Once again, the fight between JG and me lasted 15 minutes using the strongest weapons in the game and these "super OP" explosion potions. How do you explain that if they're so overpowered?

Bandies timer were too fast .

If bandies was any slower , you would have probably died 15 times over .

Also the area you guys were fighting at were too big for a 1v1 . Try him in the pits or in a smaller are such as wrong roof and you get smoked within 120 secs. .

p.s Prove me wrong if you are dare . If you beat JG warrior v warrior best of 3 in pits , i give you a million and you dont have to pay me anything if you lose. I DARE YOU ! @Genocide Pete

@JG123

Last edited:

DrSaso

Master
Please no slow bandis! 9 seconds with 200 skill is bad enough yo just heal 45hp (less than two pots and slower). Not to mention double or triple that if badly hurt and/or poisoned. All i have as an archer as i can't chugg at will

Bromista

Grandmaster
Why don't you guys shut the fuck up?

You know purple pots are dumb why even act like it's this guys fault for not enjoying PvP because of watered down, lowest common denominator shit.

Leave this guy alone.

Also a huge fucking LOL at anyone who thinks alchy in its current state adds diversity to UOF PvP. Just LOL please uninstall kthx.

Bobby123

Grandmaster
Why don't you guys shut the fuck up?

You know purple pots are dumb why even act like it's this guys fault for not enjoying PvP because of watered down, lowest common denominator shit.

Leave this guy alone.

Also a huge fucking LOL at anyone who thinks alchy in its current state adds diversity to UOF PvP. Just LOL please uninstall kthx.

You know i hate to say this but i have to agree with @Bromista for the above statement

Bobby123

Grandmaster
Genocide... Look man, every free shard have its on rules... In old OSI UO (Original game) days... Yes, lots of killing with no purple potions... just because the counter is not exctly, you know... but is not what im gonna to talk about..

A mage can kill one guy without any potion... im pretty sure a fencer with deadly poison can kill you too... but every is balanced out... because the mage need to stop to cast, the fencer need to get close you to hit... but the purple potion... ohh the purple potion... no time to cast, no stop to launch, no hit check to hit... no nothing... just up in your ass... so... it is really unbalanced... because have no counter, have no how escape, no how to avoid... do you can see that??? every combat skill on UO have some rules to follow... but the purple potion... is beyond anything... like you sayed yourself... without the purple potion have no how to defeat an player... im pretty sure you can... played in a lot of servers that dont even use purple potion... this is the first free shard i have found with so much damage and precision timer on explosion...

But, this is not to me to judge... This is a GM call, if they want this way is his shard... gonna be like this... no one can play in this server without a GM alchemy as a crafter to support... OMG... and that too... the character dont even must have alchemy to throw the potion... omg... What a unbalanced skill... dont you think????

This guy nailed it too !

Well done and well said !

@eppy

EvilAcid

Grandmaster
Just waking up. Feelin all haggard, Sippin some brew to wake up before work after trading some zZzZ for grindtime.

And man i didn't think i could laugh that hard today yet. Fucken @Bromista
Kthnx

shirtandpantsman

Grandmaster
I've made so many posts about purple pots being BS especially since archers can't use them yet you can throw them wielding a 2 hander spear or war hammer

I think people got spoiled with easy kills from purple pots. back in the day not everybody had to insta die, sometimes people fought for a long time and nobody died back in the day, it actually led to more fun IMO when you take out some of the damage from pvp

King Dingaling

Grandmaster
ya..lets not act like morons here....purple pots are ********..

gay cooldown timers and stupid damage output...especially when i swing my axe and miss 8 times.

increase hit chance on weapons...AND...maybe a hit could disrupt someone tryin to throw a pot? (and possibly blow up on themselves)