So...many...tamers...

Rouge

Expert
Holy hell!!

I try to run a provo/mage (and do to great success, most nights) but FFS there are SO MANY tamers!! Let me preface the rest of this by saying I respect the hell out of anyone that can take the time and patience to develop/max a tamer, as I do not have that resolve, lol. THAT being said...

Out running tonight, true solo, as no guildmates were on, I've come across multiple tamers at my normal spots, so I hide/invis to not mess with their work, open up my book, and on to the next one. If they need any help, I heal where I can. Next spot, another tamer, damn, rinse and repeat... At least 30min later, I FINALLY recall into a spot and find 3 balrons just hanging out with a silver serpent. BET!!

I don't have a pet to take damage for me so I have to be careful. I have to wait until they're in the right spots for me to pop a provo, and then I have to ditch down to the corner so the other balron and serp don't come at me, and if they do, I at least have SOME time for my provo to re-charge.

I go for it... I GOT EM! I got the first two on each other and the third and serp are coming at me. At the last moment before the serp bites, I get off the next provo and put the serp on the balron! WHEW!! What a rush! Now I just need to get everything on everything else and loot em as they fall!! Finally, SOME loot to come.

A portal opens and a tamer walks through with a dragon... I'm instantly crestfallen.

"COME ON!!!", I scream at my screen, fully expecting him/her to take my claim.

The dragon, as one would assume, comes through and starts attacking. But the tamer sees me, stops the drag, and pops out. Sure, I have to re-provo a bit, but they left! I assume it's because I was already on it, because that's how this is supposed to work! Just like I left every other person I saw already working on a group. I didn't stay to try to kill and loot something because someone else had already started working it, and that would've been a DICK move! Right!?

I was beside myself when they left! I was SO DAMN HAPPY to see someone with the same level of respect!!

Then, about ten seconds later, another tamer popped in with a dragon... They did not pop out. Nor, did the next two tamers to also come in with their pets.

Literally, 3 tamers came in, over the course of 15 seconds, and all just went balls to the wall against these balrons. This left me with my lowly provo/mage to dip out, lest I be killed by one of em for saying WTF...

I haven't been active on these forums in a good long time, but those that know/knew me, hopefully remember I'm not one to just ***** and cry for no reason. This shit's gettin out of hand...

If you have a tamer, and you're running solo, by all means go after some spawn spots. If someone else is already there, show respect and move on.

If you're running with a group of tamers, maybe don't grab the low fruit?? Maybe move on to the tougher spots that solo players can't deal with? C'mon, let the game be playable for everyone. Speaking as a vet trying to get back into the swing of things, all these tamers are choking the opportunity out of anyone trying to play big-game without one and, frankly, it's demoralizing.

As always, just my two cents...

thestand

Grandmaster
Tough times. If I was you, I'd have an alt account with a pk ready to go. I'm down with a war against the tamers, hit me up on discord.

ShimmerDoom

I agree. Reds should have harsh penalties. You shouldn't get a free pass to PK/Murder and become a nuisance just willy nilly. The penalty should "fit the crimes" and the pain of the penalty should deter folks from going on a slaughter spree, just cuz.

Saying that, please note it IS a two-way street so to speak. If folks aren't being respectful to those in spawn points already, then the gloves come off.

I too will wreck someone's evening with my PK if that isn't a given. The shard is a wonderful fun place to be. Probably one of the best out there. The community is truly second to none. I hope folks begin to understand what "community" means and will usher in a better moral ground on this subject.

Cheers-
Shimmer

Naww

Apprentice
I agree. Reds should have harsh penalties. You shouldn't get a free pass to PK/Murder and become a nuisance just willy nilly. The penalty should "fit the crimes" and the pain of the penalty should deter folks from going on a slaughter spree, just cuz.

Saying that, please note it IS a two-way street so to speak. If folks aren't being respectful to those in spawn points already, then the gloves come off.

I too will wreck someone's evening with my PK if that isn't a given. The shard is a wonderful fun place to be. Probably one of the best out there. The community is truly second to none. I hope folks begin to understand what "community" means and will usher in a better moral ground on this subject.

Cheers-
Shimmer
i hope you realize that it was sarcasm?