@Shane You asked for constructive suggestions.

Vet84eran

Neophyte
My first suggestion would be to look deeper into the red population that has grown in numbers. Although I disagree with the three account rule it is too late to reverse this rule, however one can implement changes that would balance this out. I propose implementing a full out OSI stat system for murderers. They are murderers, treat them accordingly. If one wishes to rez while deep in murders without macroing off counts then one loses 1/3 of their skills. I believe you should move to the OSI rules: 8 hours for a short term count and 40 hours for a long term count. I believe this would weed out some of the wanna be pks.

I would also like to suggest that the no cut zone is anything but "felucca ruleset". If one wants to become a vile player then let him be treated as such. Do away with the no cut zone, make it to where any place you go there is a chance you will lose skill points. Us PvPers voice our opinions about not wanting trammel so often, but what we are not realizing is that it's in our own back yards.

FACTION CAPS, please and thank you. I thought this worked out well on OSI. I don't know if it is implemented here, but my guess would be no. Too often I would see Minax outnumbering any other single faction. Say if CoM has only ten members total make it to where people can't stack SL to where they have 30. Cap factions.

My last suggestion would be to train some of your colleagues to act in a professional manner. Shane, I donate and I expect you and everyone of your staff to treat this server and us in a professional manner. I and other donators are literally making it to where you earn your income off creating this wonderful game. I do not wish to see that taken for granted.

In closing, I appreciate the hard work that has been put in to this game. I appreciate all of your honorable efforts and your sense of integrity. My wish is not to simply see people leave this server or say "if you don't like it see ya", I just want balance. Currently there is none. Shane, thank you for taking the time to review my suggestion.

Last edited by a moderator:

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
1. Perma stat will mean most red will likely quit the shard OR only play their reds when they have 20 people online
2. The no cut is a small area outside of britain where people go to find consensual PVP -- there are no mobs there, there are no innocent players farming there who are getting Pkd... it is a place for people who want fights to find them.
3. If youre worried about faction balance because of EQMS -- just give us our own faction.

Cerebellum

Grandmaster
1. Perma stat will mean most red will likely quit the shard OR only play their reds when they have 20 people online

a812_thumb.jpg

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
Go for it -- bring on perma stat loss, I will consider it a victory for EQMS when a massive rule change like that is made because of crybabies unable to group up and defend themselves.

Cerebellum

Grandmaster
Go for it -- bring on perma stat loss, I will consider it a victory for EQMS when a massive rule change like that is made because of crybabies unable to group up and defend themselves.

I personally think that stat should be removed, but you have giant balls commenting about people "only playing ... when they have 20 people online"

Volco

Master
3. If youre worried about faction balance because of EQMS -- just give us our own faction.

Being the largest guild on this server, this changes nothing. It would simply just make your guild faction the largest. Instead they should put a cap on larger factions to keep the playing field more evened out. Yeah, you'd end up with some orange guildies, but if it's all in good fun, who cares who you're pvping against.

i think stat is fine as is, and that the no-cut zone is brilliant

girana

Grandmaster

permastat would be a game mechanic changes are not rule change.

How many game mechanics and game rules got done because EQMS crybabies zerged the forum about 4-6$ owning them soo hard ?

Tard the Paladin

Grandmaster
I've also made a Suggestions thread. My view is that incentivized PvP would help Kingdoms attract players. It is also a way to make PvM'ers and PvP'ers happy. A win for all involved and also those that are not involed in Kingdoms.

http://www.uoforum.com/threads/solving-the-so-called-pk-crisis.83004/

Permastat made sense in 1998 when dying meant you could get someones house keys and potentially take all that they own in game. That was also before VoIP.

No cut is like CTF. Its just a PvP zone for shits and giggles. There are no mobs or valuable resources to be had in no cut so I never understood why it was such a big deal. One could argue that RDA's shouldn't spawn in no cut as it provides reds with an advantage.

No perma stat. But no auto-buyback either. 30k is a pointless and meaningless penalty at this point.

Remove the $ cap all together on bounties. They either pay requested price or they sit for X hours.

#EndRedTrammel

steve-o

Grandmaster
perma stat i dont think will work

increasing the autobuyback at 60-100k maybe could be the time we try it... but only 30k goes to the bank of the person statting
removing no cut i'm not sure about it... maybe adding a temp statloss atleast (10-20 min)

adding faction cap is surely something that has to be implemented... it was removed for eqms cause they couldnt all join minax

BEN!

Grandmaster
No perma stat. But no auto-buyback either. 30k is a pointless and meaningless penalty at this point.

Remove the $ cap all together on bounties. They either pay requested price or they sit for X hours.

#EndRedTrammel

should be the opposite. 30k for getting a reds head is a solid incentive.... when you turn a head in for 0 gold no one wins and the server gets more toxic

should be the opposite. 30k for getting a reds head is a solid incentive.... when you turn a head in for 0 gold no one wins and the server gets more toxic

30k is not an incentive for anything. The point of bounty's is consequences for being a murderer, currently there is zero consequence.

A big topic right now is Champ Raiding. Right now, even if a blue guild fought off a zerg red raid, all those reds have to do is restock and come try again until they win.

Blues need a way to put reds out of the fight as UO always intended. Consequences... there should be some for being red. #EndRedTrammel

steve-o

Grandmaster
30k is not an incentive for anything. The point of bounty's is consequences for being a murderer, currently there is zero consequence.

A big topic right now is Champ Raiding. Right now, even if a blue guild fought off a zerg red raid, all those reds have to do is restock and come try again until they win.

Blues need a way to put reds out of the fight as UO always intended. Consequences... there should be some for being red. #EndRedTrammel
stat should be the way but i dunno why some people can always buy the head back... this bug has to be fixed!