Selling/Price Check/Gauging interest in LEGENDARY HAMMER

gofer

Grandmaster
Judging by the menu option (decorative armor) and what I remember on OSI as far as items are concerned, another item(s) that the hammer will craft is that hanging studded and/or chainmail armor.

T9Kp5.jpg%3F1

Bromista

Grandmaster
Haha no worries.

On and this hammer was all me. I don't mind burning hits (if the hammer does in fact have hidden durability) on stuff that no one else can currently craft so I kind of have to. I feel like it's my responsibility.

Besides I'm already halfway to another hammer. No skin off my back lol.

Last edited by a moderator:

Doobey Magee

Grandmaster
Haha no worries.

On and this hammer was all me. I don't mind burning hits (if the hammer does in fact have hidden durability) on stuff that no one else can currently craft so I kind of have to. I feel like it's my responsibility.

Besides I'm already halfway to another hammer. No skin off my back lol.
I feel like your lack of doobey is.killing your adventures. So just sayin. Take the homie with u

Asan_Drakus

Grandmaster
Oh and please don't waste durability on those. The rare recipes are gun.a make half mil items. And take the same durability. Save the crafts <3

No one will pay a half a mill for craftable rares, considering they won't be rare then lol. Also, there will be no 5 mill bubble for this thing, you are crazy. If I'm wrong, I'll give you 5 mill ;-)

I haven't really paid much attention to the new crafting info, but I am definitely curious to see what this thing can make when it is all said and done, guess i'll go take a look and see what it takes for recipes.

yourdaddy

Grandmaster
From what we know, you can craft deco with recipes, you lose recipe when hammer durability reaches 0, and materials for a single rare item are gonna be worth around 200k per.

So yeah, it will stay rare, since crafting something means you risk losing the hammer/recipes. On top of what you need to spend a few mils buying PS for bs/tinker.

Doobey Magee

Grandmaster
No one will pay a half a mill for craftable rares, considering they won't be rare then lol. Also, there will be no 5 mill bubble for this thing, you are crazy. If I'm wrong, I'll give you 5 mill ;-)

I haven't really paid much attention to the new crafting info, but I am definitely curious to see what this thing can make when it is all said and done, guess i'll go take a look and see what it takes for recipes.
Not to sound like a douche but 5 mil ain't a huge sum of money.
The recipes vanish when the hammer dies and some of them are rare. People are already selling shards for a quarter million which makes the hammer worth 2.5 million today.
Although untill some rare recipes come out its about 40% over prices. People will pay 500k for rare craftables. Because 500k ain't shit.

But like I say in almost ever possible moment on these boards everything I say is my opinion. It's based on an extreme amount of MMO experience dating all the way back to the original uo beta.

I feel like I have an excellent grasp on how MMO economies work and you can either regard or disregard any of my postings.

I am merely trying to assist bro. As he has been very polite to me in the past.

But ill hold you to your word and will be expecting your check within the month.
Thanks
Doobey

Bromista

Grandmaster
It's hard not to speculate when that's all we can do, and it's harder not to disagree with others because no two people are going to have the same ideas of what is and what could be.

So let's just agree to this: if anything regarding new craftables be it deco or slayer armor is over or under-utilized and therefore over or under-valued you can bet things will be tweaked.

Furthermore...if no good recipes are found until there are dozens of hammers assembled then my hammer value will be greatly diminshed. On the other hand if someone finds a kickasss recipe tomorrow and say they have a scrolled tink/carp/smith...well they would offer me quite a bit for the only hammer that can make things happen for them.

I've done my part as all I can do is post it to forums and say "HEY Y'ALL LOOK AT ME I GOT THE FIRST HAMMER!" and get this discussion started and share any info available to me.

Last edited by a moderator:

Asan_Drakus

Grandmaster
Not to sound like a douche but 5 mil ain't a huge sum of money.
The recipes vanish when the hammer dies and some of them are rare. People are already selling shards for a quarter million which makes the hammer worth 2.5 million today.
Although untill some rare recipes come out its about 40% over prices. People will pay 500k for rare craftables. Because 500k ain't shit.

But like I say in almost ever possible moment on these boards everything I say is my opinion. It's based on an extreme amount of MMO experience dating all the way back to the original uo beta.

I feel like I have an excellent grasp on how MMO economies work and you can either regard or disregard any of my postings.

I am merely trying to assist bro. As he has been very polite to me in the past.

But ill hold you to your word and will be expecting your check within the month.
Thanks
Doobey

I am one of the richest people on this shard, whether or not 5 mill is a huge sum of money or not.. does not matter whatsoever. We are discussing the value of a hammer, not whether or not 5 mill is a lot of money.

I also played UO beta (again this has ZERO bearing on this conversation, or shard in general), and have played multiple UO shards and have always been involved in buying/selling rares, so I too feel like I have a firm grasp on UO economics.. and my OPINION is that your prices are way off on both accounts. Now, if a certain recipe is rare and hard/impossible to get and the hammer only has limited uses... then maybe 500k for THAT item (a big fucking maybe, and even then.. only the first couple).. but not for shit like the log pile, or the decorative armor etc.

On this server, items that are limited to under 5 in existence.. only fetch 750kish. So if there is 100 of something, and more being introduced all the time..... 500k is just not going to happen.

Also, could you show me a thread where a hammer shard ACTUALLY sold for 250k? I see a lot of people selling them for that, but not many people buying. I am actually running an auction right now, with no SB, to see what they are actually worth.

So yeah, don't be spending that check before you get it.. cuz chances are it isn't coming ;-)

Doobey Magee

Grandmaster
I am one of the richest people on this shard, whether or not 5 mill is a huge sum of money or not.. does not matter whatsoever. We are discussing the value of a hammer, not whether or not 5 mill is a lot of money.

I also played UO beta (again this has ZERO bearing on this conversation, or shard in general), and have played multiple UO shards and have always been involved in buying/selling rares, so I too feel like I have a firm grasp on UO economics.. and my OPINION is that your prices are way off on both accounts. Now, if a certain recipe is rare and hard/impossible to get and the hammer only has limited uses... then maybe 500k for THAT item (a big fucking maybe, and even then.. only the first couple).. but not for shit like the log pile, or the decorative armor etc.

On this server, items that are limited to under 5 in existence.. only fetch 750kish. So if there is 100 of something, and more being introduced all the time..... 500k is just not going to happen.

Also, could you show me a thread where a hammer shard ACTUALLY sold for 250k? I see a lot of people selling them for that, but not many people buying. I am actually running an auction right now, with no SB, to see what they are actually worth.

So yeah, don't be spending that check before you get it.. cuz chances are it isn't coming ;-)
Well I hope you're right and I respect your opinion on the issue. But I also think there's a pretty good chance when theres about a dozen hammer amongst the 40 serious crafters on the server and someone puts a brand new craftable rare recipe on it someone out there will donate some cash. Or reach in.the bank and pay a ton for.either the hammer or whatever its making.

Side subject; first set of reptilian slayer armor. Sb 400k right now. Lemme know when.it exists plz

AnsemUO

Grandmaster
i dunno... i thought slayer armor?

I know people like deco and everything, but i wouldnt personally farm for deco.

Sounds like the money is in the recipes it has attached to it.

Gratz on the first hammer. I hope you make lots of money off of it!

Asan_Drakus

Grandmaster
Well I hope you're right and I respect your opinion on the issue. But I also think there's a pretty good chance when theres about a dozen hammer amongst the 40 serious crafters on the server and someone puts a brand new craftable rare recipe on it someone out there will donate some cash. Or reach in.the bank and pay a ton for.either the hammer or whatever its making.

Side subject; first set of reptilian slayer armor. Sb 400k right now. Lemme know when.it exists plz

Yeah, if the recipes vanish with the hammer and it has very limited uses etc etc... I can see stuff getting costly. I guess it is too early to call it really, but I can def see that the hammer will be the EASY part.. looks like the recipes are the mofo.

limlight

Grandmaster
While props are deserved for getting it. We are only a few days in and he has already admitted that he almost has a second. If thats a rare item then i dont know what rare is. When you get a val hammer...ill say its rare.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Bromista

Grandmaster
Yeah looks like the hammers weren't meant to be the rares...the rares are meant to be the rares. Imagine that?!? :)

In case anyone thinks I'm on to some kind of exploit or easy method of getting fragments I just want to squash it before it starts:

I'm the best PvM'er around (aka mega trammy) and I have two tamers. Just because fragments are easy to get for me does not mean they are easy to get in general. Well that and I am dedicated once I get on some shit.

Not braggin'. Well maybe a little.

Asan_Drakus

Grandmaster
Yeah looks like the hammers weren't meant to be the rares...the rares are meant to be the rares. Imagine that?!? :)

In case anyone thinks I'm on to some kind of exploit or easy method of getting fragments I just want to squash it before it starts:

I'm the best PvM'er around (aka mega trammy) and I have two tamers. Just because fragments are easy to get for me does not mean they are easy to get in general. Well that and I am dedicated once I get on some shit.

Not braggin'. Well maybe a little.

Being a good pve'er in UO isn't bragging, it's cool ;-)

Having said that, yeah it isn't like people can just go solo their way to a hammer in a couple days, there is a reason you are the only one that has one so far.