Sallos?

Zanazaz

Apprentice
Okay I was reading some posts about Sallos. Is it similar to Razor? Right now I'm using Razor. I also saw something about an Sallos enhanced client? I know a lot of people didn't like the enhanced client with the "retail" UO, but I did.

Also UO Automap is acting funky. Sometimes it works great, but after a while it all goes blank.

Any help or info is greatly appreciated.

If you enjoy the feel of old school UO (like i do), keep with razor.

If you want to script everything use Steam (very useful for crafting or players who can't time a drop (City)).

If you want to run the entire map on a blue character and call it pvp, then switch to sallos.

cups

Grandmaster
Don't listen to baseball dad he is literally the worst poster on these forums. He doesn't ever contribute anything. All of his posts are snide and disingenuous.

Sallos is not like Razor at all. Sallos is essentially a PvP client. It is not great for PvM but many people still choose to PvM with it. I wouldn't recommend Sallos unless your primary focus is PvP. If you are looking for an updated version of Razor I would seriously consider changing to Steam. I didn't like Steam at first and I used Razor forever but then I finally forced myself to learn Steam. It didn't take long and I said to myself I can't believe I waited so long to use Steam. I have heard others express similar sentiment. It is really better than Razor in every way. Steam also has a great minimap that you can make much larger than the UO map. It might clear up your uo automap issues.

AreYouKidden

Grandmaster
I concur with all that cups says above.

The UO Map will also allow you to see partied members, and guilded members on it, which is a great feature for running into people in the wild, probably one of my favorite steam features..

Zanazaz

Apprentice
Don't listen to baseball dad he is literally the worst poster on these forums. He doesn't ever contribute anything. All of his posts are snide and disingenuous.

Sallos is not like Razor at all. Sallos is essentially a PvP client. It is not great for PvM but many people still choose to PvM with it. I wouldn't recommend Sallos unless your primary focus is PvP. If you are looking for an updated version of Razor I would seriously consider changing to Steam. I didn't like Steam at first and I used Razor forever but then I finally forced myself to learn Steam. It didn't take long and I said to myself I can't believe I waited so long to use Steam. I have heard others express similar sentiment. It is really better than Razor in every way. Steam also has a great minimap that you can make much larger than the UO map. It might clear up your uo automap issues.

I've been using Steam and have some issues with it that I haven't beenable to resolve or find answers to solve them. I do indeed have Automap, it's a great aid in treasure hunting. I was unfamiliar with Sallos, but now I know.

Zanazaz

Apprentice
What are the problems? Maybe we can help.

The main thing is this:
This is how part of my Steam GUMP looks like...

gump-jpg.2447

I can't read it. Not all of it is like this, but several of the tabs are just like this. Anyone else encounter this?

Yellow letters on a white background on the GUMP menus. Impossible to read. I've checked every box, which I'm not sure is a good thing to do. My new escape macro seems wonky, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. Auto open doors doesn't work. It did for a while...

Everything else seems fine.

Last edited:

cups

Grandmaster
The image didn't post. I have had problems uploading pictures to this forum before. Maybe you can host it on imgur or something? It honestly sounds like you got a bad version of steam.. I have none of those problems. I am not at home so I can't show you my setup but maybe someone can help. Where are you downloading steam from?

Zanazaz

Apprentice
The image didn't post. I have had problems uploading pictures to this forum before. Maybe you can host it on imgur or something? It honestly sounds like you got a bad version of steam.. I have none of those problems. I am not at home so I can't show you my setup but maybe someone can help. Where are you downloading steam from?

I don't remember where I downloaded it from.... I finally got the pic up. Had to paste it from a different thread.

remains of Ken

Neophyte

Are there any guides available for using steam ?

King Dingaling

Grandmaster
i must say..yes...baseball dad is a dick. negative dickhead posts all over the place...gets annoying.

but ya, i used to run razor and switched to steam..best of both worlds. although on some simple shit that i like to macro ill switch to razor. steam is good tho

i must say..yes...baseball dad is a dick. negative dickhead posts all over the place...gets annoying.

but ya, i used to run razor and switched to steam..best of both worlds. although on some simple shit that i like to macro ill switch to razor. steam is good tho

I love all my fans.

De Medici

Grandmaster
@Zanazaz You should install steam and sallos. You will have to do it anyway in the long run. Steam for pvm and crafting, sallos for pvp. There is no way to pvp on mages in a group without sallos. You will be able to pull bars more easily and can pretarget your enemies which makes sync drops much (!) easier.

Pizzel

Master
The only reason people say sallos is for pvp is because 90% of the people suck at pvp without it and need all the crutches it provides.

Ive seen players that were god awful at pvp switch to sallos and within a few days were able to compete with the "top tier" pvpers.

Watch any of these sallos guys play on razor or steam and see how much they actually suck at the game.

It's quite humorous.

toddyboi

Master
The only reason people say sallos is for pvp is because 90% of the people suck at pvp without it and need all the crutches it provides.

Ive seen players that were god awful at pvp switch to sallos and within a few days were able to compete with the "top tier" pvpers.

Watch any of these sallos guys play on razor or steam and see how much they actually suck at the game.

It's quite humorous.

Keep telling yourself that buddy, different client same results.

cups

Grandmaster
Sallos is a great client. It provides benefits to PvP as explained, but most importantly everybody can use it. It isn't like it's some exclusive tool that only some people can use. I have found most of the time when people hate on Sallos it is because they have not bothered to learn to use the client and are too stubborn to learn. Don't let the negativity discourage you from giving it a try.

Pizzel

Master
Keep telling yourself that buddy, different client same results.

So because one person who is and I say this loosely (decent) on both clients that some how negates what I said?

Remember I said 90% so I made sure to leave myself some room for the one or two people this does not apply to.

I actually like sallos, I think it has a lot of great features, but these features are crutches that pvpers are now needing in order to pvp.

have you seen how dead the servers are when sallos is down? Pretty much the entire pvp community refuses to login unless it's available.

i.e. pre setting targets off screen so everybody can dump on the same person with out having to actually skillfully target the correct player, same goes for target closest.

I am not hating saying it's a bad thing, but pretty much most of the players that are considered to be "good" now, would have got their shit pushed in if they were pvping before sallos was available.