Rez Kill Fix

Whats with all the trammie tears lately? Why do we have any kind of young protection at all to begin with? It sets a bad precedent and gets these kids spoiled. If your getting rez killed repeatedly then your playing wrong. Dont blame the game for your fuck ups.

Luffy

Whats with all the trammie tears lately? Why do we have any kind of young protection at all to begin with? It sets a bad precedent and gets these kids spoiled. If your getting rez killed repeatedly then your playing wrong. Dont blame the game for your fuck ups.
He speaks the truth

Dj Double D

Grandmaster
Being repeatedly killed at an ankh that is obviously close to where PK happened js my fuck up why? Rez killing is pure fucking grief.

If all yall woulda read the OP instead of flaming I never meant for someone to be able to loot their corpse. This is just so you dont get rekilled in an obvious rez spot. Think champ spawn ankh.

Oh and all you fuckin trolls crying 'Trammy' really need to read or think.. if there is even one exploit this can lead to.. explain one or two main ones.. thats called contributing. Saying 'I can think of 50' exploits without naming one makes you sound smart until one realizes you've said nothing.
Having young status as a rez option is what i suggested. If you can think of a reason why this is exploitable other than 'blah blah trammy' or 'blah blah stay in town' please explain. If you have nothing to contribute, stfu and move to next thread.

Dj Double D

Grandmaster
For 17 years UO never fixed the rez killing.
For 17 years UO never had Booty Island either. I never argued that UO should change massively. If what I suggested would do so, please explain.
If you are saying rez killing doesnt happen or is the fault of the victim, check your medz ppl, its been a known griefing issue for 17 yrs.
Just cos it hasnt been changed doesnt mean it cant be or shouldnt be.

Providing an argument rather than flaming is what I was hoping for. Guess I was aiming a little high here...

Malkraven

Grandmaster
he could of killed you for any reason-
- to slow down your return to the champ area
- to stop you looting his stuff
- to be a comeplete dickweed

w/e his reason its a sandbox game and that is his choice noone says its right or wrong he probly is a douche bag but that is his way to play uo and should not be changed,

Did someone force you to res? no.
Did someone provide option(s) to teleport you to town and not be res killed ? Yes

it was your choice to res and his choice to kill you again and again at the end of the day IMO Griefing is a valid UO playstyle and always has been. not mine, not yours but someones

Darkarna

Grandmaster
You could always carry around a few GM made tinker traps and if you are REALLY lucky, the guy who murdered you opens one and you can have a conversation in ghost form. After that, you can rez together, have a fist fight, maybe even swap spit and both of you can then finally run merrily back to your corpses feeling equally as victorious! *High 5* or ^5*

On a more serious note, the removal of rezz killing would actually have a very negative impact upon the body part artists around Sosaria. I have seen many people creating some fine pieces of art using all the bits and bobs which would give the Ripper a hard-on.

On an even more serious note, it will not be fixed because someone, somehow and somewhere, will be creative with the additional invulnerability.

Messremb

Grandmaster
The 2 exploits that came to mind for me right away are.

Champ spawns. Die, wait for the champ to be almost dead, Rez and get to be invuln with your PS.

Gate blocking for events, or any other grieving opportunity.

I see what you are going for but its really not a big deal. And this change would be easily abused.

Malkraven

Grandmaster
The 2 exploits that came to mind for me right away are.

Champ spawns. Die, wait for the champ to be almost dead, Rez and get to be invuln with your PS.

Gate blocking for events, or any other grieving opportunity.

I see what you are going for but its really not a big deal. And this change would be easily abused.

Not to mention plain shit talking w/o being killed again half people that die will follow reds around spamming there life stories

Bromista

Grandmaster
Ehhh I don't think there's anything you can do about rez killing.

Young protection is fine. I think nine times outta ten new players realize that when young status wears off things are going to get ugly in a hurry. If they don't know this or are disturbed by this, well quite frankly they aren't gonna last long anyway...

Dj Double D

Grandmaster
Following a red around shit talking kinda sounds like itd be the shoe on the other foot lol...
But now I am starting to see how maybe, like rez at champ just b4 boss dies, this could be abused if it was a young status you kept x minutes..
But a no kill zone within a tile or 2 of an ankh, can that be exploited?

And tx for the input all :-D even the shit talkers, forums wouldnt be forums without it.