Rez Kill Fix

Dj Double D

Grandmaster
Rez Killing...
Very little in this game is more degenerate and disgusting than the childish f@#ktards who find it funny to follow ghosts to a healer or an ankh and then kill them over and over again.
Very little can be done about this....
But not nothing.

Hows about this?

When you get rez'd, you have the option of yes, no, or yes (Young).

Third option activates a timed application of Young status, say 3 or 5 minutes..
Just enough time to try and get some of whats left on your corpse and recall out...

During this time you cannot be attacked but you also cannot aggro...

Thoughts? Trolls?

Nasak

Grandmaster
this is UO .... find a different spot to res and get on with life

always how its been sucks but if they want to they can thats the beauty of this game

Altho they will be remembered as ***** ass rez killers

Just blow up their spot and get ur friends to come kill them

Dj Double D

Grandmaster
Yeah exactly.. only able to loot your own corpse kinda like how you can open your own corpse and remain hidden where with other corpses not so much..

As with any suggestion Im trying to think if/how the change could lend itself to abuse or unintended consequences if implemented, and nothings jumping out at me yet... Even though rez killing is a part of UO as suggested, I for one suggest that maybe that particular aspect of UO (while its in keeping with celebrating the freedom to do what you want to do) we could do without it easily and only the dbags who engage in that activity would get weepy should it be implemented..

Unless im missing some hidden advantage or drawback of doing this....?

VFingerDiscount

Grandmaster
Why would you want someone to be able to loot their corpse under protection when the pk just took a count to earn that loot?

Worst idea ever.

Help/Stuck, Ring of Forgiveness, Run to town, call in friends.... There's already multiple solutions.

King Dingaling

Grandmaster
i dont mind making it where they cant res kill you...that shit is annoying. but not making it safe to loot ur own corpse. that takes away from other players from getting nice loot from dead bodies. i run around on my thief plenty of times looting people who got pked. if they are res killing because you keep coming back fast enough and they are still looting you..then there really is no issue. but they are res killing just for the fuck of it, thats the problem.

Dj Double D

Grandmaster
By the time you get to a rez and back, a pk who isnt useless will have had time to dry loot your corpse, bank it on an alt, and run 15 circles around your corpse.. PK cant rekill you for a cpl mins, but that doesnt mean your corpse is unlootable.
All this does is remove rez killing, which as a game tactic is probably one of the top 3 rage quit reasons..

Malkraven

Grandmaster
1 dont try to loot your own corpse ( u died u lost it it now belong to the pk)
2 dont res infront of retards ( you know its coming)

Chesty Puller

Grandmaster
follow ghosts...
over and over?
the fuck is wrong with you trammies? You can't be seen as a ghost unless you want to and you get rez killed because you rezed right in front of someone who just killed you.. smh.. the rest? I fucking hate you

Dj Double D

Grandmaster
Gee thanks.. I guess I'm the only one ever rez killed and had an issue with it!
So you hate me because I'm putting forward a suggestion?
Tough fucking shit. Don't like the suggestion?
Say so. Then move on.
The fuck did I do to you?

Dj Double D

Grandmaster
And most of the time this kind of asinine shit happens at say a champ spawn where the obvious res spot is known to both you AND the pk... and then its abused. And once you rez, you CAN be seen. Jesus.
No one is asking for corpse loot to be protected. What's with the rage? Let people rez and fuck off in peace, all that will be removed is the potential for grief. PK gets his loot, dead mafucka gets to rez and go home and retool his recall macro.

Smokey McCallum

Grandmaster
1 dont try to loot your own corpse ( u died u lost it it now belong to the pk)
2 dont res infront of retards ( you know its coming)

Spot on. @Dj Double D if you are farming you shouldnt be carrying much. You get pked expect all your shit to be gone and and just restock instead. The time you spend trying to get to your corpse is more time/hassle than it should take to farm gold for the regs you lost. Have a gater in your house or at the bank to get you home. Also if you get rez killed once expect it to happen over and over because it will.

crazy-horse

Master
follow ghosts...
over and over?
the fuck is wrong with you trammies? You can't be seen as a ghost unless you want to and you get rez killed because you rezed right in front of someone who just killed you.. smh.. the rest? I fucking hate you
I don't know, I had a well known person PK me and follow my ghost. He told me that at GM spirit speak you can see ghosts. Don't know if its true, burt was a good enough excuse to keep me from reporting him as using some exploit.

TheFallen

Grandmaster
I don't know, I had a well known person PK me and follow my ghost. He told me that at GM spirit speak you can see ghosts. Don't know if its true, burt was a good enough excuse to keep me from reporting him as using some exploit.
Just because someone else knows something you don't doesn't make them a cheater. In this case it makes them a tracker. So now I blame @Peepin'Tom for this bad thread.

aIck

Grandmaster
I got a few simple ways to prevent rez killing, hear me out!

1. Don't rez right next to somebody/something that killed you, this should be a no-brainer! Rez somewhere safe. You should also gauge whether trying to get your stuff back results in additional deaths and/or rezkilling.
2. Never leave the guardzone.
3. Never leave the docks.
4. If you complain about rezkilling, don't rez. Log out, delete all your characters and uninstall Ultima Online.
5. Install Hello Kitty Online, register an account and enjoy your rezkill-free gaming experience.

Last edited by a moderator:

crazy-horse

Master
Just because someone else knows something you don't doesn't make them a cheater. In this case it makes them a tracker. So now I blame @Peepin'Tom for this bad thread.
I agree completely, which is why I didn't report his worthless ass. I'm still not sure that its true, but he rose, what in legal terms is "reasonable doubt" so I let it go. However, its never happened before nor since.