Remove traps

N49ATV

Adept
As I've said many times, reds never bother me. Its the jank ass blues that attack me.
I have had a few blue people attack me, but that's when I don't bother to hide. Always a good laugh. I play peakaboo with them after that. But most times people won't even know I'm there.

Radar

Neophyte
Okay, so I am stuck at 80.6 now. I've tried the jeweler in Britain for hours and no gains. About to head to Yew Abby, but I didn't get gains there at like 73. Any advise?? I'd hate to have to go back to raising tinkering again just to get high enough to have a chance at static dungeon chests.

N49ATV

Adept
I had no issues with dungeon chests at that level. I made a macro to RT last target, and just rolled it. The highest level chests (shame 5, and deceit 5) I couldn't RT till about 90-95. Somewhere in there. And I couldn't gain off them either. But even at 80, I never had one blow up in my face, so if hidden and loop a RT, you can gain off the lvl4 chests on fails

TheRover

Neophyte
Can i GM RT with only 50 DT and no tinkering ? If i get tinkering can i drop it later ?

Im stuck in 60.0 RT, i tried the abbey already and now im on brit shops.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kraden

Grandmaster
Yeah u can GM with only 50. Not sure if u can drop it later on and still use the skill but i am assuming yes. Out of curiosity. Why not just use magery - telekenesis spell

TheRover

Neophyte
I was thinking about making a thief that can loot all dungeons chests and get out wihtout break stealth once. I dont know if will work, im new in this game.

Kraden

Grandmaster
Yeah man that makes sense. I was gonna do that too just seemed like a hassle. Play it how you want to but youd get more utility out of 60.1 magery and 39.9 med. most the time when i pik dungeon chests i dont need to stay hidden the whole time since tele only takes like one second to cast. But like i said man ur call. Would be a cake walk with RT. Joy of UO play how you want man. Not how other people want you to

Tynder

Master
Completely doable. Under optimal circumstances, the only time my thief is visible is when I recall in and recall out. The only time I break stealth is if I misstep or someone is actively trying to reveal me.

You do have to give up a lot of skill points to have RT skill at GM level though. If you aren't willing to raise it to at least 85 or 90, you are better off just having higher magery or cartography or something else useful because you will fail to remove the trap more often than not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheRover

Neophyte
Im at 93 RT but now im stucked, and my tinkering is at 93 too. If i GM tinkering and keep doin dart traps i can get to 100? Im afraid to expend the money in tinkering and dont get above 95 RT.

N49ATV

Adept
You can use/sell picks from GM tink. GM tink will take you to GM RT. I did the dungeon route. After 96 or so. I could RT the highest level dungeon chests, and I have never popped a chest in my fave