Remove traps

Radar

Neophyte
How do you remove traps from locked containers?? I have tried using the skill, but it seems impossible to gain.

Kraden

Grandmaster
I dont believe magic untrap works unless u use it on a container trapped by magic. But to remove the trap u can use telekenesis on the chest whilestanding 3 tiles away to not take damage from settin off the trap

N49ATV

Adept
You need 50 detect hidden to train remove trap. Also need 50 LP.

Then get trapped chests 10-15 points above your skill. So train tink at the same time.

Bluwolf

Neophyte
1. Buy Detect hidden from trainer and get to level 50.
2. Buy Remove trap.
3. Go to Britain and go into any shop and pick and remove trap on any of the little gold chest. This will get you to level 60 skill.
4. Head to the Yew Abbey. In most rooms in Abbey you will see big chest that are locked. Pick lock them remove trap, and here is the good part, the chest will re lock itself. So you see you can never open the chest it just keeps resetting. This will get you to level 85, which is enough skill be able to pick static chest in dungeons. You will fail allot but it will eventually remove the trap on chest.
5. Keep using skill on static chest till you gm skill. Around 90 skill you fail allot less. Around 95 skill you will probably never fail.
6. When in Abbey make macro. Pick chest/pause 5 second/ remove trap/ pause 10 seconds/ loop/ let it run all night. :)

Radar

Neophyte
Thanks so much! Ill try the Abbey tonight. Tinkering advise was good too, and got me to 65 pretty quick, although its tedious. Helped with lockpicking also, up to 85.

N49ATV

Adept
I used the chest in west Brit jewler shop. Got me to 90 RT. Then a long long road of dungeon chests. I don't have a tink.

Kraden

Grandmaster
I used the chest in west Brit jewler shop. Got me to 90 RT. Then a long long road of dungeon chests. I don't have a tink.

Yeah good call. Forgot theystill havnt fixed npc auto resetting after like five to ten seconds

Tynder

Master
Is it possible to drop Detect Hidden once you GM remove trap? Or do both skills get checked when removing a trap?

Tynder

Master
Thanks for the input. I knew it was wishful thinking. I guess my dungeon picker will just have to continue to have zero offensive capabilities.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bluwolf

Neophyte
Thanks for the input. I knew it was wishful thinking. I guess my dungeon picker will just have to continue to have zero offensive capabilities.

Hiding+Stealth+Lock picking+Detect Hidden+Remove trap=Millions of gold. YOU will make more money selling the gems and gear you loot out of these boxes. I use stealing snooping and Margery as well. Don't need anything else. Also a good Shade just waits down there in the Shadow for other things. Mainly some dumb ass provoker or tamer that bites off more then they can chew. If you ever ran back to your corpse and found it empty it was probably me or some other Shade that did it. :)

Tynder

Master
I run a similar build and have made a lot. I think I am just having delusions of grandeur of not having to flee anytime I run into some jackhole with tracking.

N49ATV

Adept
I run an aux char and dungeon crawler. You would be amazed at who doesn't track, and how many reds don't KOS.