remove mob instant aggro

Arch Enemy

Grandmaster
Can we please remove mobs instantly aggro'ing you the millisecond you are in range of them? It really blows when you're trying to run out of destard cause you're being chased by a pk and it's like "Oops, sorry, you ran by a dragon. You're dead because it instantly aggro'd you and immediately firebreath'd you from 3 screens away for 40 damage"

God.RG

Grandmaster
no.
they insta aggro because you probably just ran by them 10 seconds earlier and they are loaded with firebreath or a spell.

Arch Enemy

Grandmaster
nope. I literally recalled into dastard right next to the crystal altar (where there is no spawn), got attacked by a pk and started running down and accidentally ran into a dragon's line of sight which immediately aggro'd me and firebreathed me causing me to die.

Peav

Grandmaster
nope. I literally recalled into dastard right next to the crystal altar (where there is no spawn), got attacked by a pk and started running down and accidentally ran into a dragon's line of sight which immediately aggro'd me and firebreathed me causing me to die.

u got dragon'd son ;']

Hexoplex

Grandmaster
I recalled into Destard last night and was also met with instant aggro from spawn in the room. 2 drakes, a dragon, and a wyrm all started coming after me as soon as I popped in. After aggroing everything between my recall spot and the entrance and spamming my bandage self macro, I made it outside with like 5hp. Was able to get a bandage off outside before being chased home by a PK...fun times.

It seems like the aggro speed depends on the type of mobs in the area. The Lizardmen, Ettin, Ogres, etc. seem to take longer to find targets. I've stood next to a troll while killing an ogre only to have the troll take a few steps away before realizing I am killing his buddy.

Malkraven

Grandmaster

Mayb the spawn had loaded a fb when someone else ran by? then u came runing past and took the loaded firebreath.

Young Star

Grandmaster
Yeah with bad timing, Destard can be filled with dragons with one in the chamber and the hammer cocked waiting for the next guy to run by. I know it is anecdotal but it always seems no matter which end of a chase I am on that the mobs most often target me over the other person.

Would be nice to see AI changed so that mobs can no longer prep and hold spells/firebreath for the next person that runs by. If the player who the pets are currently aggro'ed on gets out of range mobs should lose any spells/firebreath they have loaded. I believe this is the only shard where mobs AI works this way. I'd like things to be a bit more random, even if that means mobs will attack and/or cast spells on you faster than they currently do to make up for them not being able to preload anymore.

Malkraven

Grandmaster
Would be nice to see AI changed so that mobs can no longer prep and hold spells/firebreath for the next person that runs by. If the player who the pets are currently aggro'ed on gets out of range mobs should lose any spells/firebreath they have loaded. I believe this is the only shard where mobs AI works this way. I'd like things to be a bit more random, even if that means mobs will attack and/or cast spells on you faster than they currently do to make up for them not being able to preload anymore.

pretty sure with firebreaths it has been this way on every server. Same with player pets and im sure they unload again after a set time.

pretty sure with firebreaths it has been this way on every server. Same with player pets and im sure they unload again after a set time.

They do unload after a set time, but it's nowhere near the same on other servers. I'll upload a video of the differences.

The Gandin

Grandmaster
Demons, and dragons drakes all insta aggro

I never knew that. Is that only with those mobs or is it all mobs? Because if it's just those, I mean, I think it shouldn't really change because it just means you know you're against a tougher monster. If it's all mobs then maybe some of them could be tweaked to not insta aggro.

Also keep in mind I don't believe the dragons are any weaker on UOG than they are on UOF. They simply do not preload their firebreath and release them all at once as soon as you get back on screen. If you stayed on the same screen on UOG they would likely do similar damage. Fixing this preloading mobs issue would keep dungeon pvp a little more random instead of who gets unlucky enough to be the second person to run through a group of mobs.