Red Statloss

Deriz

Grandmaster
Always hear a lot of reds crying about statloss. Even though the risk in being a red is essentially 0.

Keep statloss the same, make it longer, change it. I dont care either way.

What I am proposing would be good for the reds, and the pvpers.

I would like to see a system where if a red was out pking and got statted, they could enter the no-cut zones in brit / buccs den and their skills/stats would be normal. However leaving this area their skills would drop back to the regular statlossed amount.

This would bring reds out of dungeon pking and force them to enter a known pvp zone if they wanted to still play that character.

What do you people think?

bradley-

Grandmaster
I think this is a good idea for those who still want to PvP on their reds after being stat'd.. The no-stat zone and Buc's Den would return their skills to normal while in those areas.

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
I think 2 days of not being able to play your character is pretty harsh... but theres no reason to limit the PVP for those who want it.

K A Z

Grandmaster
zones work too weird in UO to implent this I guess.. would be quite the hustle and the movement of the red groups rather restricted. Generally not a bad approach, though, so I'll give it a +1

wreckognize

Grandmaster
they could easily make the area ''[templates enabled'' and it would work basically the same way. even if a red is in stat I'm pretty sure [templates will work.

For those who don't know about [templates, I wrote this guide to help newcomers with setting it up

Vince[Tharakus]

Grandmaster
Always hear a lot of reds crying about statloss. Even though the risk in being a red is essentially 0.

Keep statloss the same, make it longer, change it. I dont care either way.

What I am proposing would be good for the reds, and the pvpers.

I would like to see a system where if a red was out pking and got statted, they could enter the no-cut zones in brit / buccs den and their skills/stats would be normal. However leaving this area their skills would drop back to the regular statlossed amount.

This would bring reds out of dungeon pking and force them to enter a known pvp zone if they wanted to still play that character.

What do you people think?

I like this idea. But would rally for it to be limited to Bucs Den. I've never understood that about this server. (I do, but still its the point) So many reds here and Bucs Den is a ghost town with sagebrush blowing through the streets of a town long forgotten!

Deriz

Grandmaster
The only thing about limiting it to buccs is that its more 'out of the way' than the brit no cut zone. People would have to actively go there to get pvp, while I like that, I feel like a lot of the blues that come out to pvp from the bank when they see reds might not go.

The other side is some people might only want to fight the reds, not the blues that would be able to jump in in buccs den.

wreckognize

Grandmaster
yeah, so in this scenario, a red gets statted. Then he goes to bucs den for free statloss removal, only to realize nobody goes there so he might as well have logged off anyways.

I really don't see any reason why this wouldn't work for farms but then there's always a few vocal people here who would suggest my opinion is thus only because I own property in that area.. so i'll leave it at that.

CAPTUN AUSTRALIA

Grandmaster
No harm in doing this, along with adding bucs.

I don't think it'll boost pvp dramatically, but it'll add a few more EQMS at brit bridge!