1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RDA Tracking

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by cups, Jan 12, 2018.

1. cups

cups Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2016
    SUPER PEAV LOL
    As many of you who have played the past six months know, RDAs have been changed a number of times. One of their first changes was to make them untrackable. This was doing to stop certain guilds from using steam scripts to recall around tracking for RDAs often times with multiple characters. Well, RDAs were again changed.

The next change made RDAs spawn upon death of a creature and this is the system still being used today. So my suggestion is that we make RDAs trackable again. They were made untrackable to stop scripts from recalling around the world looking for them but since they don't spawn like that anymore maybe it's time to let us track them again. This way we can run around popular areas using track skill. It would encourage competition over RDAs which was something I remember staff saying they wanted. It would encourage speed, technique and pvp. We should consider making RDAs trackable again.

TyroneG and Bromista like this.
  2. Bromista

Bromista Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2013
    I miss the hunt. Now all we have to hunt down are mini-invasions which don't spawn often enough IMO.

I just don't see a problem with getting a tracking advantage of an extra half screen to whole screen max. It would take twice as long but people can still grid-recall to find them and use that bullshit in their assistant program to alert them with an audio cue and stop the script when certain hues appear on their screen.

3. Bromista

Apr 12, 2013
    Can still grid-recall to find them in their current state*

That is if they do still spawn randomly and on a timer alongside the ones that spawn upon a creatures death. They do still spawn randomly right?

4. Ariakan99

Ariakan99 Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2014
    Nope - only on creature death. Tracking would be far too much in the current state - generally they are now in much more localised areas. Tracking would make them far too easy to find.

5. Bromista

Apr 12, 2013
    Are there even enough big guilds interested to compete over them if they were in the old overworld hot spots again?

That era of RDAs was pretty fun. I liked that easy to find element of knowing a window and having a couple dozen zones and they were found and prioritized and crushed in a short amount of time. It sucked for the little guys during that era if they were trying to get their foot in the door because that was, for a time, literally the entirety of the RDA game... but that has been addressed with portal frags and RDAs on spawn death. Faction gate is gone. People don't fight much at invasions. I'm really not sure what there current climate is right now but it's my assumption that there almost needs to be something that gets guilds duking it out over RDA content because it probably happens a lot less often these days. I dunno. It was fun while it lasted though.

6. Bromista

Apr 12, 2013
    That shit was fun and engaging and kept me logging in more than I should have been and I have since lost that fire.

7. Bromista

Apr 12, 2013
    I wish I could edit posts, sorry for spamming but I forgot to say that the occasional double RDA spawn at WBB fills that role (albeit in a real clusterfuck way) and it probably wouldn't hurt if that style of staff spawned and announced content, invasions, etc, were kicked off more often.

By no means do I claim responsibility for any changes made here, but here's the reason for my personal relation to this matter: I feel honestly got too much of what I asked for when I was looking for staff to include smaller groups and solo players in engaging high end and randomized PvM content. I see the addition of these other means of finding and obtaining high-end content (frags, mini invasions, RDAs on death) as clearly too much of a replacement of the old system and not merely an addition to. In a perfect UOF world I think they exist side-by-side.

Here is a PM I sent Shane in August of 2015 regarding donation tier rewards:

Random content, semi-random content, either way I think that's the ticket for fun and engaging experiences.

8. girana

girana Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2014
    age of rdas died with adding the 1 client rule.

that was a huge hit for small groups and big buff for the zergs.

drasked likes this.
  9. StegcO

StegcO Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2015
    StegcO
    #RemoveRDA

10. Bromista

Apr 12, 2013
    lol'ed

11. StegcO

StegcO Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2015
    StegcO
    And zergs hide themself there, in a secluded 30x30 map farming relic and ps safe from enemys.

#RemoveRDA

12. account51

account51 Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2015
    I think we have to accept the big zerg guild is all there is now. There needs to be more to do now with this style, the champs seem to be timed now, and are empty until they can all pop again. Improve PvP or add more PvM content or increase champ perks, skull drops, etc. I don't think there are enough RDA frags or champ perks to purchase even.

13. Bromista

Apr 12, 2013
    Guess there's really no point in the upgrade that shows active portals then? As well as the one for increased tracking range.

Man. That's shitty.

14. Ariakan99

Dec 12, 2014
    Tracking range was refunded quite some time ago - just double click the gem to receive it. Active portals still serves a purpose as you know when to go look. As they spawn on death check dungeons and high traffic spots will find most RDA these days. I do not think there is any way to make it fair with an overworld trackable spawn these days.
    Since the change there has been far more variety in who participates in RDA and I would imagine just as much contention if not more then when they were trackable as now IF a group wants they can find them without too much effort. They are more accessible and visible then any other time I know of with the exception of when they were restricted to very specific spawn regions and everyone (read established guilds) picked up on the pattern and there was almost always a fight.

@StegcO keep watching the gem for when an RDA spawns - I bet with a couple of others you could easily find 75% in a short amount of time and get the pvp you want. Face facts, mechanics to put all players in one place for a small groups enjoyment is unlikely to happen. Take your own advice and put some effort in to work for your pvp instead of expecting it to be served up for you under the justification that having to fight you is working for a reward.

15. StegcO

StegcO Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2015
    StegcO
    Sorry man, if i login i want to play not wasting hours just to find some sissy hidden in a secluded map, 90% of time ill be late anyway.

Users like money and werkt have a job in the server they play: MAKE ACTION

We already have all the talisman maxed out full relics dragon spider ecc we need to shake the situation and make action, this is our job exactly like the job of newbies is mine ingots and woods.

Werkt sissyboy will be perfect in a trammel only pvm server, here they are simply useless.

account51 likes this.
  16. Sephid

Sephid Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2015
    Sephid
    Here the trammel sissiboys are the pvpers lol

17. StegcO

StegcO Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2015
    StegcO
    explain

18. Ariakan99

Dec 12, 2014
    So just like you accuse others of wanting things easy - you want the same :) You want to log in and enjoy your playstyle without putting in much effort.
    You may well think your job is to provide action - but it would seem most of those you want to fight do not see it that way. Common sense is to avoid an enemy - go look if you want to hunt them down.

19. StegcO

StegcO Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2015
    StegcO
    I disagree, btw let's continue this way...

20. Fuschino

Fuschino Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2012
    I vote for an increase in the portal frag rate. More RDAs, more action.

batman likes this.