RDA 'revamp'

Amberracuda

Novice
More than likely an S&I thread, but since all the others posted under the same topic do not get moved, and I want more discussion and views.

I would like an open discussion of idea's for making RDA's a more 'accessible' option.
I have some ideas I would like to share.
1) Limit the total number of 'living' players that can be active in an rda at any given time. ( I think 10 is nice but 15 is top)
----Considering recent discussion about RDA rules and double clienting...I think this could be an additional solution.
----An additional benefit I perceive is that if the limit is low enough and 2 guilds enter that do not 'want to' cooperate; would have no choice but to. (atleast until the end) More so with the effect of number 2.
2) Run the RDA more like an instance, where gate is open for say 15 mins, a waiting time for your guildies to join in, and gate closes.
----This has many benefits in my opinion that I may edit to get into depth later, more say with the effect of number 3
3) Make RDA's more frequent with less rewards, potentially 3-4x more active.
----sooooo many things (MONTHLY+rares, arch daemon, champ reset, rare tame spawns, to name a few) are timed and then tracked in elaborate methods, that allows only a handful of informed and organized guilds to control (the rda+)

I believe to some degree that a blend of the above idea's would make them more accessible for everyone in the game to have a shot at what is an awesome awesome implementation. @staff

I dream : 1 Random person joining a RDA would not be instantly nerfed if he was a solo. Because the group would appreciate the extra dps, heals, or whatever they would have to offer to the group; for the group's own safety and efficiency. Therefore allowing a more sandbox experience, and more intermingling, possibly less 'hatred' between guilds and just trash talk.

Please be constructive.

Thanks UOF staff.

Amberracuda

Novice
NO I have just been thinking about making it more accessible, your trolling is senseless.
I love how people post NOTHING but yet something. Do you need a hug?

Dig'em

Grandmaster
More than likely an S&I thread, but since all the others posted under the same topic do not get moved, and I want more discussion and views.

I would like an open discussion of idea's for making RDA's a more 'accessible' option.
1) Limit the total number of 'living' players that can be active in an rda at any given time. ( I think 10 is nice but 15 is top)
----Considering recent discussion about RDA rules and double clienting...I think this could be an additional solution.
----An additional benefit I perceive is that if the limit is low enough and 2 guilds enter that do not 'want to' cooperate; would have no choice but to. (atleast until the end) More so with the effect of number 2.
2) Run the RDA more like an instance, where gate is open for say 15 mins, a waiting time for your guildies to join in, and gate closes.
----This has many benefits in my opinion that I may edit to get into depth later, more say with the effect of number 3
----sooooo many things (MONTHLY+rares, arch daemon, champ reset, rare tame spawns, to name a few) are timed and then tracked in elaborate methods, that allows only a handful of informed and organized guilds to control (the rda+)

I believe to some degree that a blend of the above idea's would make them more accessible for everyone in the game to have a shot at what is an awesome awesome implementation. @staff

I dream : 1 Random person joining a RDA would not be instantly nerfed if he was a solo. Because the group would appreciate the extra dps, heals, or whatever they would have to offer to the group; for the group's own safety and efficiency. Therefore allowing a more sandbox experience, and more intermingling, possibly less 'hatred' between guilds and just trash talk.

Please be constructive.

Thanks UOF staff.
No, if rdas were that frequent the rest of the pvm experience woul be ignored. Has to be room for everything

MZ3K

Grandmaster
I don't disagree with the spirit of what she's saying. RDA's aren't as good as they could be. I don't know what the solution is though.

Fattson

Grandmaster
I personally think staff needs to watch these things a little more. Rules have been put into place that are already being broken. I don't think there's any such thing as an "exploit tight" fix for any custom content we have here. The uo community is commonly known to be a home to scumbags and exploiters and if one person can find a way to screw it up for everyone, history has shown us that they will.

But I like where your head is. I don't think any of them are perfect solutions but I think you could be on the right track.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tragic/Hawt

Neophyte
Last edited by a moderator:

Tragic/Hawt

Neophyte
While you're at it lets put rainbows and lolly pops in them.

Oh yeah and add trammel.

you are posting nonsense, and have nothing to back it up with or say why you think these are bad ideas. You just post stupid shit bashing an idea ........provide no feedback on the idea itself. This person is obviously thinking of the community and not being selfish....you are like a fart! your presence is not welcomed and the second people know your here they cant wait till you are gone.,

dobber

Grandmaster

Please be constructive.

Thanks UOF staff.

1. RDA's are accessible to everyone already. You just might want to have a group that cares to put in the effort for them. A group large enough to be able to hold their own against thugs, and small enough that the split of loot is still worth the effort. The incentives are already in place to keep RDA player numbers down.

2. Making a gate only open for 15 minutes will make it almost impossible to find these and finish them and this will kill a large endgame aspect of this game.

3. Less rewards for RDAs is bad; it will kill this aspect of the game. Tracking RDAs for hours to get nothing most of the time will make you quit tracking very fast. There are many times the RDAs don't all get found after 3+ hours with multiple guilds searching. What is so elaborate about running around Sosaria? Gem of portals will help you time exactly when the RDA's are up. Why are you bringing up the other timers? I don't see how does it benefit your argument. Seems more like a whine.

Your dream: Don't need extra DPS for RDAs. They can all be done by 1 or 2 people (albeit slowly). The only thing that might warrant more DPS for RDAs is to raid with or defend from PKs. So, go intermingle with some buddies and start searching and prepare to fight for your right to complete the RDAs.

drinn

Grandmaster
Relics etc. should drop less often as at the moment it looks like they are being given from almost every RDA on daily basis.

Tragic/Hawt

Neophyte
1. RDA's are accessible to everyone already. You just might want to have a group that cares to put in the effort for them. A group large enough to be able to hold their own against thugs, and small enough that the split of loot is still worth the effort. The incentives are already in place to keep RDA player numbers down.

2. Making a gate only open for 15 minutes will make it almost impossible to find these and finish them and this will kill a large endgame aspect of this game.

3. Less rewards for RDAs is bad; it will kill this aspect of the game. Tracking RDAs for hours to get nothing most of the time will make you quit tracking very fast. There are many times the RDAs don't all get found after 3+ hours with multiple guilds searching. What is so elaborate about running around Sosaria? Gem of portals will help you time exactly when the RDA's are up. Why are you bringing up the other timers? I don't see how does it benefit your argument. Seems more like a whine.

Your dream: Don't need extra DPS for RDAs. They can all be done by 1 or 2 people (albeit slowly). The only thing that might warrant more DPS for RDAs is to raid with or defend from PKs. So, go intermingle with some buddies and start searching and prepare to fight for your right to complete the RDAs.

1. I think its obvious there is a RDA hoarding/milking issue. they are dominated by a few groups.

2. Therefore making the drops MORE rare and giving other people chances and not the ccurrent zerg groups.

3. LESS is good IMO END game shhould be HARD..... This is going to make the guys milking them stop because it is not on a silver platter handed to them like it is now.

I think RDAs should also be something a casual gamer enjoys, or a small group of RL friends. not just another zerg party

dobber

Grandmaster
They are not getting "milked." There are tough fights for these currently. If you think they are milked, try to get some milk. Everyone has the same tools.

MZ3K

Grandmaster
What about a 'finder's keepers' rule? You find the RDA - you decide whether to close the gate to everyone but your guild/alliance or not.

Usually the RDA-expert groups finds them first, and they almost always find them quickly and finish them. Since these groups usually find them first, they'd continue to own them as they do now. The non-experts would also get a chance to finish RDAs themselves if they manage to beat the experts to the gate.

dobber

Grandmaster
Finders keepers applies to EVERYTHING that isn't trammel in this game. You can make friends and share, but as you'll find, most people are scummy. Find a group of people that WANT to work for RDAs and not just reap the benefits. It takes time to search, there are no experts. Anyone can have GM tracking and run around Sosaria looking for a mysterious gate. There is plenty of time to beat the other guild to the RDAs. There is one RDA that the faction gets and everyone can find this one as soon as it is up through the sigil. The other 2 RDA's will require work. There is no monopoly on these and the GMs can vouch for that. If you want to sit on your couch and collect welfare, do that IRL.

Bromista

Grandmaster
Long ago I typed up this lengthy message and sent it to staff suggesting a second "lesser" RDA rotation on a different timer that could be handled by lesser developed players in small groups. Think a treasure chest instead of a portal with waves of spawn outside. Could be an orc version, lich version, daemon version, etc. Here's a quick and dirty example: first wave ten orc lords, mine overseers, etc. Second wave 6 orc bombers/mages. Third wave two orc brutes. Last wave orc leader. Key drops upon boss death to unlock chest. Very slim chance for mage/dexer relic on boss death.

Would some of these get found and smoked by established players? Sure. I wouldn't pass one up if I found it.

Would they provide a different and interesting experience that could help break up the monotony of the forest and give a chance for smaller groups and newer players to get some nice stuff? Sure.

MotM does serve a purpose of allowing newer players a chance at nice drops but it's just not a very interesting experience. At least I don't think so. These random spawns would be a fun find with an objective.

RDAs have been handled very poorly IMO. There were times when the system functioned well and lived up to their name but when they became portals and the gems were introduced they were utterly ruined. Stumbling upon a random encounter makes the world feel more alive and interesting and is something that just does not happen with the current system. The current system is inorganic as fuck. Tracking and finishing RDAs is a very clinical experience and the thrill of finding and finishing one in ten minutes with a group of 8+ tamers is minimal at best.

It's not a terrible thing to have a system that requires coordination, organization, and larger numbers to not only find but finish. With recent changes that's obviously the direction staff wants to take things. But may I suggest that we get a random element introduced back in the game that gives the smaller guys a chance? It's needed now more than ever @Adam @Shane @eppy @JoeB

And may I just add that it's unwise to make changes to deliberately try to force PvP in every PvM situation. Putting RDAs in hotspots was a mistake. Increasing tracking range was a mistake. The faction RDA has been a total botch from start to finish. Let's please try to not think of PvP when we come up with PvM ideas and try to create a fun and random challenge that's truly PvM based. And if PvP happens it happens...don't get me wrong I'm fine with that I'm not asking for Trammel...but we don't need to go out of our way to force action when coming up with a system and means of finding and finishing new and interesting PvM content.

Look at how much that mentality fucked RDAs up. Just create some content and let it stand on it's own pls. There need to be options for the little guys too because there is a huge gap in PvM content right now.

Maybe you don't like this specific idea but don't tell me there's not a void that needs filled on this server.