Question, will pet statloss be looked at.....?

VFingerDiscount

Grandmaster
So a suit of armor and a slayer bow is more than the 16k for mage/resist ss and the 25-35k for poisoning ss? Sorry man that's just not accurate.

signature field is blank

Wrexx

Grandmaster
An archer with a slayer bow does more damage than my almost max meta with three damage relics level 10. My archer buys slayer bows for 8k and arrows for 2 gp. My meta cost is over ten million.

poogoblin

Master
An archer with a slayer bow does more damage than my almost max meta with three damage relics level 10. My archer buys slayer bows for 8k and arrows for 2 gp. My meta cost is over ten million.

Finding this hard to believe, unless you're talking about a vanq slayer, that'll run you a ton more than 8k though

Lexington

Grandmaster
My issue is pets should lose skills when they die.

If pets dont lose skill when they die then tamers have no risk to farming and its just restarted.

When i get PKed on my tamer or fumbled over xmas/paragon mobs i get a rush and do w/e i can to get my tamer ressed or pets out before they die,
Without that farming would just be THAT MUCH MORE boring.

People need to stop being such fucking trammies.

Im sure there are trammy shards out there if u wana be a trammy but honestly UOF is the best shard out currently so choose, tuck ur balls back into ur tummy or fucking deal with pet stat loss

Obviously the people complaining have never had to deal with real UO stat losses

Tamers on this shard get so much love and your asking for more? Cmon get fuckin real

Trammy, fucking, tuck balls........ Was there more to your post??? J/K :)

I'll never understand way most new players, when they start to post here, assume that the majority of UOF is looking to play on a trammel shard??

The statloss changes to pets were brought to UOF because of a video that was posted on a PVP contest thread. It showed highlights of PVPers greatest taming PVP battles. It was the so called hard core FEL whinny PVP bitches that were screaming that PVP tamers were OP. That's when we were given pet statloss. So before you judge you should know the history.

Malkraven

Grandmaster
Trammy, fucking, tuck balls........ Was there more to your post??? J/K :)

I'll never understand way most new players, when they start to post here, assume that the majority of UOF is looking to play on a trammel shard??

The statloss changes to pets were brought to UOF because of a video that was posted on a PVP contest thread. It showed highlights of PVPers greatest taming PVP battles. It was the so called hard core FEL whinny PVP bitches that were screaming that PVP tamers were OP. That's when we were given pet statloss. So before you judge you should know the history.

Or may be being able to sync fire breaths and player flame strikes was OP?

Tamers can bring it silly amount of gold per hour and farm the strongest mobs in game with very little effort they carry nothing of value to lose when they die.

They have 1 down side = Statloss deal with it. Who cares if u spent 10 mil on it You lose nothing when u die except a tiny amount of skill buy a SS and stop crying

The only thing i could see that may be needs some tweaking is availability of Poison/magery and resist Skill scrolls

Hambeast

Adept

Tamers can bring it silly amount of gold per hour and farm the strongest mobs in game with very little effort they carry nothing of value to lose when they die.

They have 1 down side = Statloss deal with it. Who cares if u spent 10 mil on it You lose nothing when u die except a tiny amount of skill buy a SS and stop crying

The only thing i could see that may be needs some tweaking is availability of Poison/magery and resist Skill scrolls

pets are worth way more than anything any other pvm'er will be bringing to a dungeon to farm with. They can be boated and ransomed or they can be forced to release. I think that is the greatest danger that faces a tamer.

You're right though, we don't carry much valuables on us when we farm.

Bromista

Grandmaster
Availability of SS wouldn't be the worst thing to look at. Taming SS are still fucked. Honestly I can't believe they ever halved the rates...and then added more taming content...and then more players driving demand.....oh sorry wrong thread.

Back on track: dexers are going to be able to have relics and special PvM attacks soon. I think you all can see where this is going. Move over, tamers. Pets will still make nice meat shields but dexerz will clearly be the new kings of PvM. Slayer armor, slayer weapons, AND special attacks? Get outta town.

Better start saving cause that shit is gone be HOT.

I will say that right now that my dexers, even with slayer gear, don't stack up compared to what I can do with a meta but the dexer relics will probably push them over the top assuming the drawbacks don't gimp them too much.

Don't forget that dexer relics won't work with Provo or pets.

Lexington

Grandmaster

No one is crying here............ I agree with your above post where you were tired of tamers coming back after 60 seconds with out a penalty. This needed to be addressed... but not the way it was done. The 40% temp stat loss that was suggested is a perfect solution. The fact that my meta losses skills it can't raise because fire breath and FS could be synced in PVP..............

Malkraven

Grandmaster
pets are worth way more than anything any other pvm'er will be bringing to a dungeon to farm with. They can be boated and ransomed or they can be forced to release. I think that is the greatest danger that faces a tamer.

You're right though, we don't carry much valuables on us when we farm.

but if u lose your pet you are an idiot at worst u should lose 1 charge on pet ball.

Malkraven

Grandmaster
No one is crying here............ I agree with your above post where you were tired of tamers coming back after 60 with out a penalty. This needed to be addressed... but not the way it was done. The 40% temp stat loss that was suggested is a perfect solution. The fact that my meta losses skills it can't raise because fire breath and FS could be synced in PVP..............

Well that why people where crying over pvp tamer's in first place is all i meant.

I also have meta pet with Dwindling Poisoning skill but i also think think creating a market for skill scrolls is a good thing ( if only there was more available)

Lexington

Grandmaster
Well that why people where crying over pvp tamer's in first place is all i meant.

I also have meta pet with Dwindling Poisoning skill but i also think think creating a market for skill scrolls is a good thing ( if only there was more available)

I loved that tamer PVP video... it was awesome to see something out side the typical.

Just so everyone knows, I'm not here crying... I was really only looking for an answer as to wither I will have to live with the way it is or if the DEV team was going to look at it. If they do look at it I hope they take the temp statloss suggestion into consideration.

Bromista

Grandmaster
Looks like it's on the back burner considering new content is near.

A couple little tweaks would go a long way before we head into the New Age, but I'm not holding my breath.

That temp stat suggestion is terrible though if it was mandatory and couldn't be circumvented.

Lexington

Grandmaster
Looks like it's on the back burner considering new content is near.

A couple little tweaks would go a long way before we head into the New Age, but I'm not holding my breath.

That temp stat suggestion is terrible though if it was mandatory and couldn't be circumvented.

I'm not going to hold my breath.... the DEV team hasn't even made a comment.

Statloss isn't statloss if it can be circumvented. Everyone says pet stat loss is needed so.......................?

Bromista

Grandmaster
So if we eliminate circumvention (I don't see a problem with it since reds are given the privilege) gimping a pet with a small amount of perma stat loss sounds better than a temp stat that renders the pet unusable?

Temporary stat of 40% means you can't even go back to finish off the mobs that killed you (assuming PvM death) and is about 600% more crippling than the current stat loss.

Bad idea.

Bromista

Grandmaster
@Wrexx @Bunnky

What the hell are you guys doing right with your archers or wrong with your tamers to make you guys say that?

I respect both of you so I'm not going to call bullshit on your personal accounts, but something is definitely up.

Even my level 6 meta with blood talons on my provo tamer crushes the DPS of my archer tamer, which crushed the DPS of my former Provo archer.

What the hell?

Lexington

Grandmaster
So if we eliminate circumvention (I don't see a problem with it since reds are given the privilege) gimping a pet with a small amount of perma stat loss sounds better than a temp stat that renders the pet unusable?

Temporary stat of 40% means you can't even go back to finish off the mobs that killed you (assuming PvM death) and is about 600% more crippling than the current stat loss.

Bad idea.

That the problem with statloss as a whole here.... it can be circumvented!!

Sure you can go back.... we all have more then 2 dragons.

I personally don't see then need for pet statloss but everyone here seems to say we need it so I'm just suggestion something different then what we currently have. Tweaked skill gains is probably where we'll end up if they change anything at all.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bromista

Grandmaster
That the problem with statloss as a whole here.... it can be circumvented!!

Sure you can go back.... we all have more then 2 dragons.

I personal don't see then need for pet statloss but everyone here seems to say we need it so I'm just suggestion something different then what we currently have. Tweaked skill gains is probably where we'll end up if they change anything at all.
Well of course that's an option but I'm not trying to play UO with my pets like POWER plays UO with their reds.

No thanks.