Question, will pet statloss be looked at.....?

Some One

Master
Five finger hunts a ton. I suppose its what you hunt too.id still like to see this resist gains looked at i mean other stuff ya u can gain it back up on non metas.(no experience with the meta) So make it so you can retrain .Or the temp loss sounds better.

Lexington

Grandmaster
Five finger hunts a ton. I suppose its what you hunt too.id still like to see this resist gains looked at i mean other stuff ya u can gain it back up on non metas.(no experience with the meta) So make it so you can retrain .Or the temp loss sounds better.

It's more then just resist, magery is a ***** to raise and poisoning is impossible.

Temp pet stat loss would actually do something.... 1% perma pet stat loss only pisses off legitimate PVM tamers by eventually making their pets weaker.

Last edited by a moderator:

thestand

Grandmaster
You can't train your pets afk in your house here? On other shard you would train them in your house. Discord them and have other pets attack them with magery spells for 30 some seconds pause to gain mana then repeat.

halygon

Grandmaster
You can't train your pets afk in your house here? On other shard you would train them in your house. Discord them and have other pets attack them with magery spells for 30 some seconds pause to gain mana then repeat.
You can, just at the -50% gain rate. But I have found most people do not know how to or want to train their pets this way.

Messremb

Grandmaster
You can, just at the -50% gain rate. But I have found most people do not know how to or want to train their pets this way.
nobody does it because the pet skill loss is so harsh that no 7x pet will stay that way for long.

IMO they should change the following
remove pet skill loss on death
remove SS useable on pets
change summoning balls to cause 5-10% skill loss if use more than once in a 24 hour period.

right now most people just use throw away pets for champs and RDAs, doing the exact thing pet skill loss was implemented to prevent (not caring about your pets)
the above would make it difficult to get a 7x pet but not impossible, it also places more value on meta pets as they level up to beyond 7x skills, and it solves the problem of them losing skills they can never regain. also because of the 24 hour pet ball restriction I doubt you will see people willing to risk their metas in PVP. oh and it makes it to where people who want to train pets skills can have a market for those pets.

Saturn

Grandmaster
Will pet statloss be looked at or are we going to have to live with what we have?

I know there has been a lot of talk about the current system and was just wondering if an official post from an admin has been made and I just missed it?

People need to stop complaining about pet stat loss, i mean honestly i have a tamer too and if my pets didnt get stat loss it would just be fucking stupid and lower the risk and enjoyment FROM that feeling of risk farming with pets.

NEver mind the fact you can SS your pets anyway

Saturn

Grandmaster
I'm guessing the issue with gaining skills like Magic Resist...which can take a month to gain a point back even though you lose it with each death.
Or it can cost 6k and SS it, or you can get creative and get some friends together with WW's and get ur ass on a boat and macro it.

I mean this topic is just fucking stupid

Saturn

Grandmaster
nobody does it because the pet skill loss is so harsh that no 7x pet will stay that way for long.

IMO they should change the following
remove pet skill loss on death
remove SS useable on pets
change summoning balls to cause 5-10% skill loss if use more than once in a 24 hour period.

right now most people just use throw away pets for champs and RDAs, doing the exact thing pet skill loss was implemented to prevent (not caring about your pets)
the above would make it difficult to get a 7x pet but not impossible, it also places more value on meta pets as they level up to beyond 7x skills, and it solves the problem of them losing skills they can never regain. also because of the 24 hour pet ball restriction I doubt you will see people willing to risk their metas in PVP. oh and it makes it to where people who want to train pets skills can have a market for those pets.

um no.

Jani

Grandmaster
I agree with Saturn. If you want a completely risk-free game, then UO isn't for you. Also you can play this game even if your pets magic resist is only 90 or something. Tamers are already OP here and what ur asking is making them even better.

VFingerDiscount

Grandmaster
I think the main complaints come from the players that have been here since the beginning and had the rug pulled from under when the stat loss was implemented which is understandable. Those of us that made a tamer under the current ruleset don't know any different so it isn't as big of a deal.

But let's not pretend that everyone that has something affect their specific style of play doesn't ***** about it... The forums are full of it no need to be a dick in a non rants and flames post...

signature field is blank

Last edited by a moderator:

Saturn

Grandmaster
My issue is pets should lose skills when they die.

If pets dont lose skill when they die then tamers have no risk to farming and its just restarted.

When i get PKed on my tamer or fumbled over xmas/paragon mobs i get a rush and do w/e i can to get my tamer ressed or pets out before they die,
Without that farming would just be THAT MUCH MORE boring.

People need to stop being such fucking trammies.

Im sure there are trammy shards out there if u wana be a trammy but honestly UOF is the best shard out currently so choose, tuck ur balls back into ur tummy or fucking deal with pet stat loss

Obviously the people complaining have never had to deal with real UO stat losses

Tamers on this shard get so much love and your asking for more? Cmon get fuckin real