Pvp thread on discord gone..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harry Berries

Grandmaster
I'm not on discord but if you're getting rid of the pvp channel there why is there one on forums.. I would say it is just as toxic if not worse. The same 5 retards are on there making threads non stop. Seems like maybe action should be taken there as well.
@halygon

Just a thought. I mean read the threads they're people tagging 20 times a day an calling people scumbags. Pretty childish shit. People can have their opinions but do we really need threads... on the daily.

Tahuk

Apprentice
Agreed, tho im not sure solution is removing pvp section, on discord this behavior seem to have moved to general lol.

Really annoying to see a bunch of ALL CAPS threads, with close to zero pvp discussion and a lot of name calling behind the computer screen.

Harry Berries

Grandmaster
I mean was just reading the thread you made.. not sure why discord was even made if perma bans are thrown out on the reg. As much as everyone hates it on staff when it's said there is definitely favoritism sorry. I mean OTG a moderator said he wasn't gonna help me because I kick dogs and I'm douche lol. i could care less really what some random nerd thinks but everything comes from the pvp threads on forums and discord.

Harry Berries

Grandmaster
Agreed, tho im not sure solution is removing pvp section, on discord this behavior seem to have moved to general lol.

Really annoying to see a bunch of ALL CAPS threads, with close to zero pvp discussion and a lot of name calling behind the computer screen.
A lot of people play the propaganda games to trick their minds into feeling like they're something special.. "hey man it's a game"

halygon

Grandmaster
I'm not on discord but if you're getting rid of the pvp channel there why is there one on forums.. I would say it is just as toxic if not worse. The same 5 retards are on there making threads non stop. Seems like maybe action should be taken there as well.
@halygon

Just a thought. I mean read the threads they're people tagging 20 times a day an calling people scumbags. Pretty childish shit. People can have their opinions but do we really need threads... on the daily.
We have much more control over the forums than we do discord due to the nature of how posting creates a history that can be followed easily.

Being childish isn't against rules.. its just annoying.

halygon

Grandmaster
You could "discourage user" or is that something the staff uses only when their guild is ragged on?

http://www.uoforum.com/threads/forum-search-tool.88692/
The above is a great example of how someone gets discouraged within the forums. Thank you for helping me with my point on how the forums has more controls than discord does.

It is also a good example of how spreading assumed information nets you a warning, which eventually leads to banning.

Rikket_The_Rogue

Grandmaster
The above is a great example of how someone gets discouraged within the forums. Thank you for helping me with my point on how the forums has more controls than discord does.

It is also a good example of how spreading assumed information nets you a warning, which eventually leads to banning.

My bad, can you link the rules page, or specify which rule I'm breaking?

TheFallen

Grandmaster
I'd start with your signature which is on every post you make. I get you hate eqms but advertising posts which present uof in the worst light possible is against the rules. Good ahead and tell me how you didn't make the posts which is true but to being them up at every chance possible does no one any good.

Rikket_The_Rogue

Grandmaster
I'd start with your signature which is on every post you make. I get you hate eqms but advertising posts which present uof in the worst light possible is against the rules. Good ahead and tell me how you didn't make the posts which is true but to being them up at every chance possible does no one any good.

TheFallen

Grandmaster
I just explained to you. Posting things which present uof in a bad light or negative manner is against the rules. I also explained how you are doing so.

halygon

Grandmaster
http://www.uoforum.com/threads/forum-rules-read-me.48556/

Here are three of them:

"Negative posts about the shard. If the shard “sucks," there’s the door."
"Personal attacks UOF staff/counselors/mods".
"Posts intended to derail threads or start a trash talking match between forum posters should be limited to the Flames and Rants thread. (See Thread specific rules under that section)"
Ps.. there isn't a Flames and Rants section.

Rikket_The_Rogue

Grandmaster
I just explained to you. Posting things which present uof in a bad light or negative manner is against the rules. I also explained how you are doing so.

My bad, can you link the rules page with the rule you're speaking of? I'm afraid the say so of an individual isn't proof to make a case.

Been looking for the rules page actually; it seems to be unavailable.

TheFallen

Grandmaster
My bad, can you link the rules page with the rule you're speaking of? I'm afraid the say so of an individual isn't proof to make a case.

Been looking for the rules page actually; it seems to be unavailable.
Tbh can't be bothered to link from my phone its a real pain. However I would think logically you can see posting anything negative about the shard is against the rules and your signature and nothing but a big pile of toxic. Which once again I'm not blaming you for creating the toxic but that doesn't make it ok to repost it either.

Edit: I see halygon got a link for ya. Just do yourself a favor and try to rise above rather than lower yourself into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.